“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Butcher & Singer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 3,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station. Market-Frankford El – 15th Street stop (City Hall)
Wenonah, NJ
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visited Butcher & Singer Steak House for a company Christmas dinner. The atmosphere, service and food was superb!! The server was perfect. Not overly annoying, but we had just the right amount of "attention". I had the 8 ounce filet with crabmeat and asparagras. The filet melted in your mouth. Also I had the shrimp and crab "Louie" for an appetizer which was excellent. Calamari which can sometimes seem like fried rubberbands, just melted in your mouth. Everything was pefect. Although this restaurant is what I think as extremely expensive, if you can afford it you've got to go at least once. No other place I have ever visited can compare to this. Valet parking is also available and well worth using it.

• Visited December 2012

Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food, service, and ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I ate at Butcher and Singer last weekend while in town to see a show. What a wonderful experience all around. Our waitress, Claire, was very attentive and professional, without being pesty. The dry-aged Porterhouse was phenomenal !!! The prices were right for the amount and quality of the food. The restaurant is in a beautifully restored old building that was once a bank and then a brokerage firm, before it became a restaurant. I cannot say enough about how everthing about the evening was exactly right. We are already talking about taking good friends of ours to dinner there in the near future !

• Visited December 2012
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Not your average steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The decor at Butcher &Singer sets the tone for a great meal. One of the most comfortable steakhouses I have been to. Good service, good food and a great place to dine made this an excellent overall dining experience. I went with my wife and 3 children. (ages 11, 15 and 16) This is definitely not an inexpensive night out, but it is nice to go to a steakhouse that breaks away from the "cookie cutter" version of steakhouses!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Exquisite Dinning Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I must start off by saying the restaurant was beautiful inside. This restaurant is perfectly decorated with a great ambiance. The menu is pricey but well worth it. The food was exquisite there. They have a nice menu selection and what we ordered was delicious. They also have valet which helped me out a lot because I hate parking in the city. We had gone there for our 1 yr. anniversary. The restaurant went the extra step and when they brought our dessert out they wrote happy anniversary in chocolate and had a candle. It was the most romantic delicious dinner we had in Philadelphia. You should definitely check this place out.

Visited October 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Excellent experience at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Displaced from Hurricane Sandy, we opted to sit at the bar, rather than having our waiter in a tuxedo wait on us while we wore track pants. However, I believe they would have done so without fail had we done so, as everyone was so incredibly nice. Immediately upon sitting down, I lamented how New York does not currently have even one space that is as beautiful as this, although perhaps Blue Water Grill in NYC or River Café comes the closest.We had heard that this Stephen Starr restaurant was flawless when it came to beef, and nothing could have been more true. I love a traditional Caesar salad and burger, and that's exactly what we went for here on a Friday evening. (The bar is not on the menu, but ask for it—you'll get it.) The bartender was amazing (especially in his political leanings!), but we had a the Caesar and two burgers, and they were amazing. The wine choices were vast and appropriately priced, and
Finally, one cannot, even sitting at the bar, which unfortunately faced in the opposite direction of the main dining area and was in the front of the restaurant, complete a review of this restaurant without mentioning the amazing space that this restaurant inhabits. A former bank, the ceilings are inlaid wood, and marble and antique wooden fixtures abound. Low lighting is romantic and retro at the same time. The wallpaper is even fabulous. I absolutely cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and encourage anyone in the Philadelphia area to check it out. People always forget that you can walk in to a restaurant and sit at a bar, and usually feel comfortable, even in sweats, if you sit at the bar, even in the nicest of places, and especially when displaced by a hurricane...so check it out...

• Visited November 2012