“Dirty and foul smelling room & sheets” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

You added Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #54 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Dirty and foul smelling room & sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler and stay at the mid-level hotels. This place is far below standard. The carpet in the 5th floor hallway is stained in numerous places. My room has the odor of a dirty sock and I can't tell where it's coming from. The beds are both visibly saggy in the middle. The sheets do not have that basic perfumed hotel smell. I can't tell if they have actually been cleaned. The comforters have yellow stains on the visible areas. If an episode of Undercover Boss were to be filmed here, the CEO would strip the management of its franchise by the end of the show. Someone is not enforcing quality at this location.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Clarksburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have two reviews: one for the hotel, one for the staff.

The Hotel. We stayed in Room 209 - a corner unit facing the front of the hotel – parking lot view. While others referred to the rooms as 'European small', I found it to be typical of any hotel, but the use of space was clever. A foyer with a convenient bench and coat hook/mirror. Plenty of storage in the tv cabinet, and everything streamline. There was a stain on our carpet which was gross, but I never walk around hotel rooms barefoot anyway. The bathroom was efficient, with in-shower storage space, body wash, shampoo and conditioner. The tiles had a bit of mildew but nothing horrifying. Again, plenty of towel hooks in the bathroom for extras. The room itself was generally quiet, which surprised me because it was ComicCon weekend, but there wasn't a lot of noise on our floor. Of course, there was plenty of street noise below with the sound of loud cars most of the night, but the tradeoff is being conveniently near the Convention Center.

The Staff. As mentioned, it was ComicCon weekend, and they seemed ill-prepared, which is hard to believe since they are constantly bombarded with conference crowds. Hotel guests are supposed to be provided parking at a public lot across the street. Despite informing the lot attendant we were hotel guests, he told us they were full and to go to a different lot. There’s a lot of back and forth, but FINALLY I’m able to park across the street. Additionally, when booking the room we had requested early-check in but while driving in, were told it wasn’t available. Of course, after the parking fiasco, a room suddenly opened up; however, Ms. Yang (front desk) smartly says the room was there all along, and we should have just asked for early check-in. Uh, yeah... WE DID! And it would have gone a long way to have been checked-in, while they continued their Keystone Cop routine without me. I just didn't feel like they were working as team when we arrived on Saturday, and I say this having just worked an event myself two weeks before with Marriott staff. Completely different – more professional – attitude. The exception to everything was the young lady working the dining room Sunday morning. She was pleasant, and I appreciated her for that.

So for convenience, I would suggest this place to other people, but I probably wouldn’t stay here myself again.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, and perhaps something facing towards the back. If requesting early check-in...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is one of those hotels I would rate higher if it was cheaper. The hotel was not that bad, but it did not come anywhere near meeting expectations based on what you are paying. Compared to other hotels in the area, they charge the top dollar but don't offer the top quality. The hotel didn't have continental breakfast and the rooms didn't come equipped with a fridge or a microwave. They didn't have a lot of the toiletries one would need, such as deodorant. The internet only worked half the time and it was pretty slow when it chose to work. They should either reduce their price significantly or improve the quality of the hotel significantly in order for there to be a balance between what they are charging and what they are offering.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mike S,
We are disheartened you were disappointed with our accommodations and offered services. We take our guests’ reviews very seriously and will pass along your comments so we may evaluate ways to improve guest experience. Again, we are very sorry to disappoint, and we hope the rest of your trip to Philadelphia was a good one. Take care
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came to Philadelphia for a conference and chose this hotel specifically for its location and because I'm a rewards points member of its hotel chain. Got completely mucked around by the hotel, which despite taking and confirming my reservation, overbooked its rooms and transferred my stay, not once but TWICE to two different hotels. They ended up moving me to a hotel IN A DIFFERENT STATE and gave me less than 48 hours notice, which of course I didn't get as I was on a flight from NZ and therefore was unable to be contacted.
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you book with them don't expect to actually stay there, and when they screw up your confirmed booking you wont get an apology - I still haven't got one.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
Dear 2015nztraveller2015,
We truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our hotel. While we strive to provide great service and comfort to our guests, complications arise on occasion. It is never our intent to have overflow, and we are very sorry for this inconvenience. Our General Manager, Tara Sheikh, would love the opportunity to personally amend your experience. Should you like, please contact her directly at tara.sheikh@fpcitycenter.com. Again, we regret you did not have a more enjoyable experience, and we hope you will consider giving us another try so we may make this up to you. All the best.
Caledon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is located very near the City Center Convention Center. This is a nice area to walk around see a few downtown sites. The market is a great place to grab some fresh food and local produce. As for the hotel it's a little in need of some makeup. The rooms are European small. It had all the necessary requirements but it's quite noisy outside and inside.

Dear JohnDWong,
We’re glad you enjoyed our great location near the City Center and were able to take advantage of our close proximity to restaurants, shopping, and more during your stay. Our guests’ reviews are very important to us as we use these as an opportunity to identify areas we can improve, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will share your comments to evaluate ways to deliver an enhanced guest experience. Thanks again, and we hope to host you again. All the best
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Pros: The location of the hotel is great! Near a lot of good eats and a lot of sightseeing
The staff were attentive and friendly
The overall feel of the hotel is comfortable and updated
Me and my family felt safe
Parking across the street from the hotel, open and always got a spot

CONS: The walls are thin (one sleepless night from other guest across and next door to us)
Room could have been cleaned better (they did not change our sheets our entire visit)
No complimentary breakfast
Bed was not Sheraton value (harder and less comfortable)
Restaurant prices were expensive
No microwave or fridge in the room (front desk was nice enough to warm up our food)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

Great place to stay the night prior to flying out of Philadelphia airport. Jon the bartender was charming and made the best Cosmo ever. The food was good and the wine list was decent. The shuttle to and from airport arrived quickly. I will stay here again in the near future
Dina R.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center? Share your experiences!