“Terrible Food And Don't Plan to Do Any Work” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

You added Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Food And Don't Plan to Do Any Work”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room I was in had a "pull out desk" which was useless. if you pull it out then there is only room on the very left side for the chair because of a lack of clearance between the bed. On that corner is a recessed area with information brochures so setting a laptop there is not great. And because of the angle you work at it's like trying to work on a laptop while sitting in a Delta seat.

The restaurant is not open for lunch and when the restaurant is not open they do not have room service. The food selection is extremely limited and all that is very close by is fast type food. I ordered a New York Strip steak medium rare with Asparagus. It was around $15. The steak was pretty small and came cooked well. And there were 6 pieces of asparagus with it that were the diameter of yarn. I couldn't even fork them they were so small. I also tried some mac and cheese with pulled pork on top. Once you got past the pork it was bland. My last day I could not eat breakfast because the server did not show up on time and the cook would not take any orders without a server. The place was also like a sauna. The heat was turned up high in the whole building and my room was 84F when I checked in. I would never, ever go back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice hotel. Clean. Good location. I was disappointed in that I also thought there was some type of breakfast. They put out a coffee pot. Coffee was very good first day, terrible second day. I also wanted to experience the 'craft beer tasting' on Wednesday night. Bartender said "they ran out of beer" when I asked about it. They had 2 beers on tap, which "as a guest of the hotel, first beer is included in your stay.". I was charged for my beer. "Happy Hour Buffet" was one tin of buffalo chicken wings and one tin of pulled pork? Menu was very "bar menu". Overall not bad, bartender very friendly, good service, but I expected a different experience reading the online information from Sheraton. Parking costs about 35-40 per day across the street. I would stay here again. But don't book this hotel if you are planning to use the "restaurant". Other hotels in the area have full service restaurant/ breakfast buffet, including the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Ontario, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was clean. The restaurant isn't very good. Very close to the Reading Terminal Market and the Hard Rock Cafe is about a 5 minute walk away. Staff at the desk are very businesslike and not warm and fuzzy which I see bothered some previous reviewers but answer questions readily. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I enjoyed this hotels location and rooms. The only thing I didn't like is that they had no free breakfast with the amount paid to stay there. Has no parking which was a negative. But there are some near by.Resturant on site though so it was helpful. It's in a fantastic location. Near everything.will revisit & recommend it.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bellasli,
We’re happy to hear you liked our hotel and enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms, delicious restaurant, and convenient location. Thank you for review and recommendation, and we hope to see you again soon. Take care
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

The location being downtown is excellent if you need to be in the area. The staff are good but management needs to up the training and motivation if they want to compare favorably and compete with other very nice hotels. I hope the renovated bar improves the atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

My boyfriend & I were in town for a concert. We chose Four Points because it was close to the venue & had a great price. We were not disappointed! We checked in at 3pm on Saturday afternoon. The room was clean & warm. King bed took up most of the room, but it had a very large bathroom. Shower had good pressure.

The hotel was right downtown, near restaurants, concert venue, mall, bus terminal, etc. Great place to stay.

Only downside - service was mostly good, but a couple minor things. When we spoke with the person on night shift, they answered our question, but were also on a personal call with earbuds in. Also, the first morning of our stay, we had a DND on our door, but the housekeeper still knocked & woke us up.

Other than that, it was great. Person who checked us in was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

The location is the best part of this hotel. Right by different train/bus stations, the Convention Center, and the fantastic Reading Terminal Market. The rooms were clean and check in was smooth. Not the fanciest hotel in Philly, but a great price and great location means that I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center? Share your experiences!