The hotel and room were very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was pretty small, but that's to be expected when (a) you're not a premier member and (b) you're in the middle of a big city. Check-in was easy and check-out was also pretty easy, though it took a long time for them to get my car back from valet.
There was an armchair in the room angled towards the bed-- every time I walked past it, I slammed my knee into it. The room was way too small to have this additional armchair and it was especially annoying when I walked into it on the way back from the bathroom in the middle of the night.
The bathroom sink only gives warm/hot water when you turn the faucet ALL the way on, which means the water is on super high blast. I got water EVERYWHERE when I tried to wash my hands.
My final (and major) complaint is the HVAC system. The room was chilly when we walked in, so we turned the heat up to 72 degrees, and switched the thermostat from "auto" to "on" so the room would warm up more quickly. The "on" position worked like "auto," though: once the room reached the temperature, cooler air would come from the vents, then warmer air after 20 minutes or so to get back up to 72 degrees. The problem is that the cooler air vent NEVER turned off and is, inexplicably, aimed directly at the pillow section of the bed. I got cold air shot into my face ALL night. I got up and turned the thermostat to "off" (a chilly room is better than cold air in my face), but it NEVER turned off. I had to build a sort of pillow fort on my left side to try to block the cool air from hitting my face. I woke up with a terrible headache and sore throat from the cold air being blown directly at me all night.
Simply put, it was a miserable night of sleep. I'll definitely not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No matter how you choose to travel around the city of Philadelphia, you'll love the location of the newest Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Hotel Philadelphia
- 4 Points By Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
- Four Points Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Points