“Good choice and reasonably priced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Brooklyn, New York
“Good choice and reasonably priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed 2 nights while exploring Philadelphia. The location is great and close to everything without beeing smack in the middle of town. Very typical chain hotel. Checkin and checkout was efficient, the staff was polite. The rooms were average size and with 2 queen beds we were pretty comfortable as 2 adults - 16 yo - 8 yo. Would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a great hotel! I got a great rate at the last minute on priceline for this hotel. I had mediocre expectations due to some lackluster reviews on this and other sites. However, when we arrived I was pretty blown away by the service, cleanliness, and overall pleasant experience we had here. Things I was thankful for: free water bottle in room, free coffee in the morning (both in room and downstairs in lobby area), immaculate cleanliness of bathroom (especially noticeable with all white tile & grout), very comfortable bed (woke up refreshed and energized which rarely happens when I am sleeping away from home), fridge was provided by request and in the morning after we checked out they were nice enough to let us use the restaurant fridge to hold our leftovers (from Han Dynasty) while we visited museums, and lastly the extremely friendly service from the great staff! As I mentioned, we got a good rate but I would hands down return to the hotel for twice what I paid and still feel that I got a great deal! The only downside is the surrounding area but a 6 block (10 minute) walk in either direction take you to great spots. A+++

Room Tip: We stayed in room 502.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank for the great review. We are glad that you were surprised and look forward to seeing you again. Have a Safe and Happy New Year.
East Greenwich, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I went out for a "date night" here. We're in our 30's, so was most of the other guests.. young, hip, friendly. Front desk was helpful and efficient. Hotel room was beautiful and clean. AND price was reasonable. Would book again. I was expecting a dump after reading other reviews, so I was compelled to write about MY experience! OH, and bed was crazy comfy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experieince with everyone. I am glad that we met you expectations and look forward to your return.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I didn't have extremely high expectations as I got a favorable rate through Priceline, and while I am a Gold SPG member, I didn't think that would matter. I was wrong on both accounts. First, the lobby is light and extremely appealing, with touches you wouldn't expect. I was placed on a Starwood Preferred Floor, and the rooms were decent sized, with extremely large and renovated bathrooms that, to be honest, were much nicer than most higher end hotels. The bed was a bit hard, but I prefer that to too soft. The fitness center was also a pleasant surprise, with ample machines and weights. I ate at the Cherry Lounge, which was also extremely pleasant with good food. The icing on the cake was that the front desk was kind enough to give me a late checkout the next day due to my SPG status, although they probably didn't need to. Was it the Ritz? No. But was it an unexpected gem in this price range? Yes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are glad that you were surpirsed and appreciate the positve feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The property itself is fine. The rooms are nicely decorated, though small even for an older property in in Philly. The bar/restaurant is cute and the food was fine -- nothing spectacular. However, over Army-Navy weekend the hotel was having issues with both the key card system and the hot water. I had to repeatedly return to the lobby to get a functioning key card. This is especially irritating since you need it both for the room and the door. Then I returned from a run a cold Saturday morning to a cold shower. Apparently this was a building-wide problem. It didn't improve much as the next day I was treated to a barely luke warm shower only after letting the water run for 15 minutes. Maybe this was just a bad weekend for the hotel? I'll never know as I won't be staying again.

Also, there is no on-site parking. There was valet, but they ask that you give 45 minutes notice to get your car back. Your only other option is a surface lot across the street. That was fine, but as with any city, you don't want to leave anything visible in an open lot. The Sheraton down the street on 17th and Race is a much better option and has parking other the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experieince, I am sorry that you experienced the lack of hot water, we did have two water heaters quit that weekend and had to wait until Monday to get parts. If you have not been compensated for your troubles, please contact our Front Office Manager and we will be glad to offer you compensation.
Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We were there at a busy time (Army Navy game) and the staff was friendly, helpful and hardworking. The rooms were very small but clean as a whistle. Free coffee in the morning and walking distance to many interesting things. Do not tarry to take a shower in the morning- there was only slightly warm water.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations overall. I am new here and have identifed opportunities to improve our hot water system and we are in the process of upgrading. Thank you for taking the time to share it is important to us.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

One night stay while in town for business on a cold November evening. Convenient location if attending an event at the Convention Centre, 5-10 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. Incredibly friendly service, particularly at check-in. Room was a bit small - first time I ever wished a hotel room had less furniture - but bed was comfortable and TV was good quality. Bathroom was nice size and love walk-in shower, but bath towel had two holes in it the size of hockey pucks. I would echo the previous reviews in that the room can get very cold and the heating system does not work optimally. Rates as a good value if staying on your own dollar

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. I am sorry about the towels, it is unacceptable to say the least. I am new here and agree about the HVAC units, and we have identified a fix for this issue and have begun to fix it.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center? Share your experiences!