“Just what we needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #48 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Greenwich, CT
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We were there at a busy time (Army Navy game) and the staff was friendly, helpful and hardworking. The rooms were very small but clean as a whistle. Free coffee in the morning and walking distance to many interesting things. Do not tarry to take a shower in the morning- there was only slightly warm water.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations overall. I am new here and have identifed opportunities to improve our hot water system and we are in the process of upgrading. Thank you for taking the time to share it is important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

One night stay while in town for business on a cold November evening. Convenient location if attending an event at the Convention Centre, 5-10 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. Incredibly friendly service, particularly at check-in. Room was a bit small - first time I ever wished a hotel room had less furniture - but bed was comfortable and TV was good quality. Bathroom was nice size and love walk-in shower, but bath towel had two holes in it the size of hockey pucks. I would echo the previous reviews in that the room can get very cold and the heating system does not work optimally. Rates as a good value if staying on your own dollar

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. I am sorry about the towels, it is unacceptable to say the least. I am new here and agree about the HVAC units, and we have identified a fix for this issue and have begun to fix it.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the Philadelphia marathon. Everyone at the front desk was so helpful, and very nice---despite a lot of runners coming in with their "we have to get up early and we need...." And "can I have a late check out?" Demands.

Our room seemed small, but certainly served its purpose, so there was no need for anything bigger. Most importantly, it was very clean! And the bathroom was white tile throughout, so if it weren't up to snuff, it would have been very obvious.

It was close to the race expo, which was held at the convention center. And Reading Terminal Market was just beyond the convention center. There were so many good things at the market....

My only complaint of the hotel was that the lobby seemed to have a heavy B.O. smell to it. Maybe it was just a high volume of runners coming in....?

I would definitely stay here again, even though it was 1+ miles from the race start.

• Stayed November 2012
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you run the race next year, other guests have suggested that we open the restaurant ealier next year and we plan on doing that to assist you in achieving you personal goals.
Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel staff do an excellent job, know the area well, and were very accommodating. Free bowl of apples in the hallway on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor (which I didn't know was a thing). The location is literally a 15 second walk tot eh convention center and only one block away from Reading Market Terminal. If you are unfamiliar Reading Market Terminal has over 50 food vendors and is always worth a visit when you are in town. The hotel is on an intersection with some one way roads so getting there on your own by car can be tricky. Plan on paying for parking every night. My king sized room was nice but small. The desk which was "built in" to the entertainment center didn't really provide a working space. The beds are amazing and the shower is good. The heat was an issue in my room at first until I figured that you should just set it to "on" instead of trusting the thermometer. Noise from other rooms is sometimes an issue but never interfered with sleep. Hotel staff arranged for a cab to the airport for my early morning flight. Great option in terms of accessing center city Philadelphia but the hotel is nothing special in terms of quality.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise and better views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review I am glad that we met your needs and with your feedback look forward to being able to exceeding them for your next trip.
Desert Hot Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

To start off, this hotel is in a decent location. My friend and I had taken the subway from the 30th street Amtrak station and we decided to take it to the Race/Vine station as was suggested by Google maps. Bad idea. If you’re coming in from the Amtrak station, walk from the station to the subway station and just take the Market-Frankford (blue) line towards the Frankford Trans. Center and get off on the 13th Street stop. Walk to 12th street and walk north (under the convention center overpass) to Race Street. It’s a safer walk than from what was suggested for us. The main reason I say it’s safer is because my friend ended up losing/ having her wallet stolen from the Amtrak station to the hotel via the route we originally took.

The hotel is right next to the convention center and if you walk towards the blue line, the Reading Terminal Market is right to the left straight south from the hotel. It’s my recommended location for breakfast/lunch (it closes at 6pm). The hotel is also right next to Chinatown and that area seemed fairly safe. In being close to the blue line, it helps in getting around the touristy areas of the city.

The hotel looks like every other Four Points by Sheraton. The décor and the service was just what I had expected it to be. The thing I didn’t expect was to hear my hotel neighbors. We heard our adjoining room’s guests and other guest, either below us or above us. The walls were fairly thin. The hot water was slow going and the air conditioning did not seem to work well. I was cold pretty much the whole time we stayed there. There was free internet but the safe in our room did not work.

The workout room was just like other Four Points workout rooms. It was in the basement, open 24 hour a day, and each machine had their own TV screen. A hotel employee noticed me working out and even came in and offered a cold water bottle. It was very nice gesture and it reminded me why I usually love the service in Sheraton hotels.

If the walls were thicker and the heater worked, then I would’ve scored this hotel much higher.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the detailed review. I am new to this property and have a plan in place to address the outside air that comes through the wall heater/AC. We also are in the process of oncreasing the capability of our hote water circulation system so I confident that if you stay with us after the beginning of the new year you will have a hotel shower experieince like no other.
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed one night 11/3/2012. Had trouble getting to the hotel as the entrance is on 12th street not Race street as posted. 12th is one way the wrong way and if you're on Race you can't see the hotel entrance. Excellent free wifi coverage. Room was ok in size, had been nicely remodeled. Bathroom was redone, with a spacious shower having replaced the tub. in room coffee maker was we'll thought out, already plugged in on a pull out tray. Parking is $20 a day. Free coffee in the lobby as well.

But the bed was rock hard and even though it had a thermostat in the room the heater seemed never to blow warm air, and it's fan was loud enough to wake me at times. Fair amount of noise from the hallway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I am glad the overall we met your expectations. The majority of our staff is newer so hope to exceed your expections for your next visit. Thank you for choosing our hotel we appreciate your business.
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were looking to spend a romantic weekend in Philadelphia (that's not a contradiction) and used Trip Advisor to find the Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center. As it turns out it was a good choice. The hotel is centrally located right next to the convention center. Any closer and it would be in the convention center. The staff was professional, courteous and happy to answer questions, resolve any issues and make suggestions. The restaurant was very good, free wi-fi is always a plus, and we had no problem getting our vehicle out of valet parking.

The rooms are clean and nicely appointed, though there is one problem and it's a biggie: Oh, that bed! The first night I thought it was just restlessness that kept me tossing and turning and getting up, but by the second night both the missus and I agreed it wasn't us, it was the mattress. It was just too hard. Not firm--hard. We have the sore backs to prove it.

We definitely enjoyed our stay at the Four Points and would stay again...probably. The hard mattress would be a reason to pause before returning. Improve the sleeping conditions and this hotel would be a lock for a return trip. The professionalism of the staff and the location of the hotel are first-rate, but the sleep quality of the bed is a major minus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experieince with us we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the beds felt to hard for you. In the industry we typically select that bed that is a bit on the firmer side.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center? Share your experiences!