“Surprisingly perfect for our trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia

You added Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia to your Saves list
Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1227 Race St., Philadelphia, PA 19107 (Formerly Travelodge Philadelphia Convention Center) (Chinatown)   |
Ranked #63 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Dayton, Ohio
“Surprisingly perfect for our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

It wasn't a luxury hotel by any means, but it was clean and comfortable for our stay. We couldn't beat the location (right behind the convention center) since we were there for a conference at the convention center. It was close to a lot of attractions, and the best price by far I could find in the area. Every staff member was great! Breakfast was free and decent quality. The room was a little small and we didn't have a window, but it worked given the bargain it was compared to other hotels in the area. Parking is about a block away in an open parking lot and through a third party company FYI - we didn't use it since we didn't have a car. They were really helpful though, and held our luggage after we checked out since our train wasn't until later in the day.

Room Tip: They had construction going on on the 4th floor so if you plan to be around during the day, avoid th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

First time staying at a Days Inn in Philadelphia; its literally right behind the Philadelphia Convention Center so there's not much of a view but the location is excellent. Its about 20 minute drive from everything (Temple University, Geno's), however, it was close enough for me to walk to ChinaTown and to the Liberty Bell. I'd stay there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alliance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Location is across the street from the convention center. Near tourist places, Hard Rock Cafe, and
Chinatown. The staff here was excellent. Hot coffee until 11 AM at the front desk, and the breakfast
was just what you needed to start the day and no charge for this meal. A free USA newspaper is also available, they helped with good choices of restaurants, directions, and even allowed us to store
our luggage for 5 extra hours until we headed to the airport. The rooms are small, but
the price is right and people are nice. Upon arrival we had a bottle of water and small bag of cookies
the first night in our room which was also a nice touch. Basic but a bargain for the price. Give them a try.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor away from the city noise and walkers at night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

After driving 15 hours, my husband and I had to wait in the lobby 30 minutes until we were allowed to check in, even though the room was ready. Then, misled by the clean appearance of the room, I failed to check the plumbing in the tub before I got in the shower. There was such a severe leak in the tub that the shower was like a cold trickle, and I was already wet so I tried to rinse the soap off the best I could, then called the front desk to request another room. Upon entering the second room, I checked the plumbing in the shower and found an even worse leak. I called the front desk again and she told us she would send maintenance to fix the plumbing. I expected to get a nice hot shower and water pressure and go to sleep, not a cold trickle of water that reminded me of my volunteer trips to Haiti. Even more importantly, when I traveled that far the last thing I wanted was to have to get maintenance to fix the hotel room - for $120/night I expected the room to be ready to go. I cancelled the reservation and stayed at the hotel around the corner, which did have hot water, good water pressure, great service and nice accommodations. The next day I called 4 times before I was able to reach the general manager, as instructed on canceling the reservation. The manager stated that since I took a shower in the first room I would have to pay the full price for the hotel stay; then my husband took the phone and she said she would charge only a half day price. I have never felt so enraged and violated and betrayed, and I will never stay in another establishment affiliated with Days Inn. I learned my lesson, which cost me $68 for the worst "shower" - if you can even call it that - I have ever had the misfortune of taking in the United States. The date of this incident was October 8th, 2013, at the Days Inn Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA. Please contact me if you need any further information.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia

Address: 1227 Race St., Philadelphia, PA 19107 (Formerly Travelodge Philadelphia Convention Center)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia > Chinatown , City Center East
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #63 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia 2*
Our Philadelphia hotel has an ideal location, directly across the street from the Philadelphia Convention Center, and walking distance to many of the city's historic attractions. Our 100% smoke-free hotel in Philadelphia is ideal for business or pleasure travel, and you'll enjoy our sunny hospitality from our multilingual staff. Our comfortable guest rooms are equipped with coffee/tea maker, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and 32 inch flat screen HD televisions with premium cable channels. Local calls, Internet access, dry cleaning service and bottled water are complimentary for our guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
Travelodge Hotel Philadelphia
Travel Lodge Philadelphia
Philadelphia Travelodge
Philadelphia Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center - Philadelphia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.