“5-star for in-airport, otherwise not so much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Airport Marriott

You added Philadelphia Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Arrivals Rd, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“5-star for in-airport, otherwise not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Quiet rooms, reasonably modern and well appointed. The overall building is a little utilitarian - no charm or comfortable common areas. Staff were friendly at check-in, but still managed to convey the feeling that I was interrupting something. Pretty good hotel for a single night, related to air-travel. Terrible as a 2-3 day base for touring Philly or doing business in the city. Subway (SEPTA) station is convenient, but have never used it. Nothing else is accessible by foot except the terminals and parking garage.

Room Tip: upper floors were quite on both sides (facing and away from the airport)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Good Evening! Great to hear your overall expereince was a pleasant one. Our convenient location and warm & hospitable staff combine for an exceptional airport offering. Please join us again whe your travel plans return you to Philadelphia! Sincerely, Barry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Flew into Philly for a weekend seminar held at the hotel. The hotel itself is beautiful, but the staff made it incredible. The staff went out of there way to help us in every way. We landed and called for a shuttle, the receptionist told us that it would be faster if we were willing to walk. That's how close the hotel is. It's literally in the parking ramp of the airport. We walked about a block and found the hotel. Got checked in right away and loved our room. The conference room we used was great. The food served for the seminar was fantastic, even though it was only sandwiches, salads and desert for lunch, with a continental breakfast. And the most exceptional part of the whole weekend, I never heard one airplane. How do they do that?

We also were advised (by the bartender) to save some money on the taxi into Center City and take the train and buy the all day pass. What a great experience, I'm certainly glad I took her advice.

great time in Philly!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I would normally rate this hotel a 3 to 3.5 but have given it a 4 because they have great weekend rates and it is a quick train ride to center city. I stay here when flying in for the Philadelphia Phillies games, Philadelphia Eagles games, Flower Show and more. The weekend rate can be as low as $99 which is fantastic for the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: I usually stay on an upper floor and find even though you are next to a large airport I do not hear...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Arrived at Philadelphia airport with intentions of boarding our flight to Rome Italy... to our sup prize, Europe has a mandate that your passport must be valid for 4 months after your trip is over... Needless to say someone in our party had a passport only good for 2 months so our trip was delayed a day. At this time we choose to stay at the Marriott because it was attached to the airport and we were stuck. The beds were comfortable and the hotel room was clean. The person at the desk was sympathetic to our story and gave us a really great rate (which helped) based on all of the other re-arranging that needed to be done (missing our flight)

The restaurant in the hotel was good and had a nice selection of food (Quinoa salad with shrimp and chicken) was very tasty and perfect!

Perfect hotel for those long layovers, close to rental car locations and the airport

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights - 3 days for work training. I was having trouble the first night making my key work and the cleaning lady - saw my struggle came right over and said let me help you! She was so sweet - Wish I got her name so I could give a thumbs up to the staffing - If it helps - the night was 7/23/14 around 6pm in room 712. Give that woman a raise - I have never had someone from the cleaning crew - without having being asked - volunteer to help me open the door and then manage my bags. The hotel was very clean and everyone was friendly. The beds.. ooohh the beds were phenomenal - They are the most comfortable ever, and the pillows, well I need to save up and buy some from them most comfortable EVER.. In spite of this being right at the airport - I did not hear one airplane fly over head, I slept soundly (except for the drunk people yelling to each other on opposite sides of the building). The meeting rooms were perfect for our needs. The only negative thing I can say - and its not really a negative but the restaurant and bar prices were insane - a 3oz glass of wine was 6.00 for a 5 oz. was $10-12 (and I am talking about the cheapest glass they had, prices went up from there) and a cheeseburger 17.00 YIKES !! There were no other choices since this sits at the airport. Overall it was a good experience, also when we were leaving we had to get to the Amtrak station - the front desk guy was very helpful and gave us great directions - he even ran to catch up with us on the elevator to remind us to exit at the 30th street stop from the train at the hotel - which is where the Amtrak is, didn't get his name either - great guy Though - Friday 7/25 at noonish..

Room Tip: I don't think you can find a bad room - but the king size bed looking at the rental car parking...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

+$20 for parking $17 for internet...room rate misleading, just tell me it's an additional 37$ a night...front desk very unhelpful, why was the parking attendant (who does not work for marriot) the most helpful person I've encountered during my stay? Is it standard policy to dodge blame, and blame guests for front desk misinformation? Be aware it's a hassle to stay here, and be prepared for no resolution.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Barry K, Manager at Philadelphia Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Carl707,
Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion you may have encountered regarding your room rate, and your charge for daily internet service. We will conduct an intense review with our Front Office team to ensure that similar concerns are handled in more depth. We could have done a much better job in expalining all of the charges associated with your stay. Thank you again for staying at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott.
Barry
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

As a past Marriott loyalty member, I've seen the quality of the hotels decrease and subsequently moved to Hilton.

But, if all Marriott's were like this place I might've stayed.

The staff is helpful. The rooms are clean and noise proofed from the planes.

The price was really good. Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Philadelphia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!