“Construction Going On!!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Airport Marriott

Save Saved
You added Philadelphia Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Arrivals Rd, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #53 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Construction Going On!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been staying at this airport property for business trips over the last year. It is a bit expensive ($329) per night, however Priceline and others offer good deals --be sure to look for them!!

The staff at this hotel is always helpful, and Nathan was right upfront explaining that construction was ongoing, but should stop for the evening at 5:30 pm. It was loud, obnoxious, and there was no way to make business calls during the work. Even though Nathan gave me a drink coupon,hors d'overs chit and free breakfast pass, if you have work to do or want to relax in the morning or afternoon, beware!! The hotel should not be charging full price for this experience, yet the place was packed!!

The breakfast was excellent, and the service superb!

I will not return until the work is completed!!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
livermore ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I thought it would be great to stay at a hotel connected to the airport. However, unless you are in terminal B or C it is a hassle. They only had one bus operating and it has full so I could not get on. There is no way to make a reservation. The front desk was rude about it too. It is apparently the fault of the guests that there were too many who wanted to get to the terminal. Of course the hotels poor planning on having only 1 bus and no way to reserve a slot was blameless (note sarcasm here for those who don't know me).

So when a bus comes it is free for all to get a spot. People who are not aggressive certainly could continually get bumped as more people keep showing up and there is no bus entry management.

I had to walk a long way to terminal E toting 3 bags.

I recommend off airport hotels that are less expensive and provide inclusive parking. If you are going to deal with a shuttle why does it matter how close you are?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Yes, it can be a little pricey but it's super convenient to the airport via a walking bridge to Terminal B. The rooms are comfortable and be sure to ask for a high floor on the runway side of the building for a great view of airport operations. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed November 2012
Nevada, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

From Thw time we checked in, everyone just seemed to be doing their job, not necessarily enjoying it or aiming for good customer service. I regret using too many Marriott Rewards points for our two-day stay. It simply was not worth it and I wish We would have stayed at a nearby Marriott property instead for our special weekend.

The clerk at the desk was dour and unhelpful. One of the doormen did give me the answer I neede for parking and I appreciated that, as the front desk was not helpful. There was trash theoughout the hallways and I mentioned it to one housekeeper as we stood in front of an elevator on our floor, waiting to go down. He looked at the trash on the floor BUT DID NOT PICK IT UP.

The restaurant was a horrible experience. The hostess could have cared less that we were there. We never got our appetizer until we mentioned it to the manager who brought out entrees (at which point I also mentioned that my salad came eaely - instead of the meal as requested, we did not get the extra plate we'd asked for, and my 9 year old had yet to get his milk; thank goodness I was having water. I had entertained the thought of a drink, but heaven knows when it would have arrived). The manager insisted on bringing out the pretzel bites (not bites at all; very disappointing for Philly, my former home town) at the end of the meal, when we were full, despite
my insistence that we did not want them. She offered free dessert, which we declined. When the waiter finally returned, he also offered free dessert, saying he understood he had let us down during the meal. HE DID NOT APOLOGIZE or even act remorseful.

The gentleman who brought my salad (early) was delightful. A young father, he was energetic and more of what I am used to as someone who spends far too many nights a year in Marriott hoteks instead of with my family.

The room was comfortable and the standard Marriott fare I appreciate.

There was no wifi in the room, which is unacceptable. As a soon-to-be platinum member for Marriott Rewards this year, this falls far short of Marriott service. So does the inability to print a boarding pass in the business center without being charged. And typically Marriott properties honor the Marriott Rewards free breakfast for elite members, even when the concierge lounge is closed (I have NEVER not been offered free breakfast - asked very nicely to the dour front desk worker upin check in and was briskly told no.).

The signs within the hotel and just outside it in the airport were insufficient. We flew in on a separate airline than our return and no one seemed to know which terminal we needed to be at (I refused to check in online and pay to print a boarding pass, something which is free everywhere else). We were sent to the farthest terminal, only to learn when we got there that we needed to be near where we started. It should not be hard for there to be easily marked signs (and knowledgeable staff) indicating which airlines fly out of which terminal.

I cashed in Marriott points and frequent flyer miles to show my fourth grader Philadelphia and the historical places he is learning about in school. In 48 hours, we crammed in as much history, food, and sites as we could. My only disappointment - a HUGE one - was wasting Marriott Rewards points for what I thought would be the 'convenience' of an airport hotel. Never again.

Save a few dollars and use a free shuttle to another Marriott property nearby. Or use those HiltonHonors points and skip the experience altogether; it's simply not worth it.

Pay attention, Marriott.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Writing this from my hotel room. Been over an hour waiting for room service of just one appetizer. When called they informed me they were busy. Paying $329 for stay. Operator was almost on the rude side. You decide.

• Stayed November 2012
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the airport Marriott for three days while attending a conference at the hotel. I arrived at the airport about 8 PM, very tired after a 6 hour trip from L. A. Signs to walk to the hotel from the airport were clearly marked. It took about 7-10 minutes from terminal E to terminal B where the hotel is located.
Check in was a breeze--very courteous. I asked for a quiet room on a high floor and was very pleased with my king room on the 11th floor. I ordered room service for dinner, which was amazingly quick and delicious. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were lustrous and soft. Very comfy sleep. Spacious and very clean bathroom. I heard no noise from the airport or from adjacent rooms. The hotel catered a good continental breakfast for the conference and a delicious lunch with many vegetarian entrees. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was fine. Not gourmet or fancy, but fine. I had the tomato soup and the quinua dish, with a glass of white wine. Service was friendly and fast.
Only a couple of quibbles: the pool was too cold. Perhaps the heater wasn't working while I was there. The pool and jacuzzi area were very pleasant, and I swam in spite of the chilly water. The jacuzzi was quite hot. The only other issue I had was that on the last morning, housekeeping had forgotten to leave paper cups for in-room coffee. I used a glass instead.
The absence of wifi in my room was not inconvenient for me, as I could check my email and internet via my phone service on iphone and ipad.
I booked with the hotel directly, and got a AAA rate of $111 per night, which I thought was a good deal for the amenities, convenience and friendly staff. Usually I book on Price line, but I wanted to stay at this hotel specifically because of the conference. I would stay here again if i needed to be near the airport.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Average airport hotel. Can't beat the commute - a walk instead of a shuttle bus ride. Definite points for that. Hotel staff is really nice as well.

Negatives - no wifi except the lobby and concierge lounge
They are getting ready to renovate so this will be fixed.

Hotel lobby restaurant is pretty good. Service good. Prices high but expected for airport hotel.

Concierge lounge staff is great. Food is bad. Evening food is cheap and they don't have the basics of raw veggies and cheese. They upscale it to grilled (canned) veggies and fancy cheese (brie, etc - no exactly finger food). Breakfast up there is nothing special either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Philadelphia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!