“Not Worth It” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Airport Marriott

You added Philadelphia Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Arrivals Rd, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #45 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Nevada, Missouri
“Not Worth It”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

From Thw time we checked in, everyone just seemed to be doing their job, not necessarily enjoying it or aiming for good customer service. I regret using too many Marriott Rewards points for our two-day stay. It simply was not worth it and I wish We would have stayed at a nearby Marriott property instead for our special weekend.

The clerk at the desk was dour and unhelpful. One of the doormen did give me the answer I neede for parking and I appreciated that, as the front desk was not helpful. There was trash theoughout the hallways and I mentioned it to one housekeeper as we stood in front of an elevator on our floor, waiting to go down. He looked at the trash on the floor BUT DID NOT PICK IT UP.

The restaurant was a horrible experience. The hostess could have cared less that we were there. We never got our appetizer until we mentioned it to the manager who brought out entrees (at which point I also mentioned that my salad came eaely - instead of the meal as requested, we did not get the extra plate we'd asked for, and my 9 year old had yet to get his milk; thank goodness I was having water. I had entertained the thought of a drink, but heaven knows when it would have arrived). The manager insisted on bringing out the pretzel bites (not bites at all; very disappointing for Philly, my former home town) at the end of the meal, when we were full, despite
my insistence that we did not want them. She offered free dessert, which we declined. When the waiter finally returned, he also offered free dessert, saying he understood he had let us down during the meal. HE DID NOT APOLOGIZE or even act remorseful.

The gentleman who brought my salad (early) was delightful. A young father, he was energetic and more of what I am used to as someone who spends far too many nights a year in Marriott hoteks instead of with my family.

The room was comfortable and the standard Marriott fare I appreciate.

There was no wifi in the room, which is unacceptable. As a soon-to-be platinum member for Marriott Rewards this year, this falls far short of Marriott service. So does the inability to print a boarding pass in the business center without being charged. And typically Marriott properties honor the Marriott Rewards free breakfast for elite members, even when the concierge lounge is closed (I have NEVER not been offered free breakfast - asked very nicely to the dour front desk worker upin check in and was briskly told no.).

The signs within the hotel and just outside it in the airport were insufficient. We flew in on a separate airline than our return and no one seemed to know which terminal we needed to be at (I refused to check in online and pay to print a boarding pass, something which is free everywhere else). We were sent to the farthest terminal, only to learn when we got there that we needed to be near where we started. It should not be hard for there to be easily marked signs (and knowledgeable staff) indicating which airlines fly out of which terminal.

I cashed in Marriott points and frequent flyer miles to show my fourth grader Philadelphia and the historical places he is learning about in school. In 48 hours, we crammed in as much history, food, and sites as we could. My only disappointment - a HUGE one - was wasting Marriott Rewards points for what I thought would be the 'convenience' of an airport hotel. Never again.

Save a few dollars and use a free shuttle to another Marriott property nearby. Or use those HiltonHonors points and skip the experience altogether; it's simply not worth it.

Pay attention, Marriott.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Writing this from my hotel room. Been over an hour waiting for room service of just one appetizer. When called they informed me they were busy. Paying $329 for stay. Operator was almost on the rude side. You decide.

• Stayed November 2012
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the airport Marriott for three days while attending a conference at the hotel. I arrived at the airport about 8 PM, very tired after a 6 hour trip from L. A. Signs to walk to the hotel from the airport were clearly marked. It took about 7-10 minutes from terminal E to terminal B where the hotel is located.
Check in was a breeze--very courteous. I asked for a quiet room on a high floor and was very pleased with my king room on the 11th floor. I ordered room service for dinner, which was amazingly quick and delicious. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were lustrous and soft. Very comfy sleep. Spacious and very clean bathroom. I heard no noise from the airport or from adjacent rooms. The hotel catered a good continental breakfast for the conference and a delicious lunch with many vegetarian entrees. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was fine. Not gourmet or fancy, but fine. I had the tomato soup and the quinua dish, with a glass of white wine. Service was friendly and fast.
Only a couple of quibbles: the pool was too cold. Perhaps the heater wasn't working while I was there. The pool and jacuzzi area were very pleasant, and I swam in spite of the chilly water. The jacuzzi was quite hot. The only other issue I had was that on the last morning, housekeeping had forgotten to leave paper cups for in-room coffee. I used a glass instead.
The absence of wifi in my room was not inconvenient for me, as I could check my email and internet via my phone service on iphone and ipad.
I booked with the hotel directly, and got a AAA rate of $111 per night, which I thought was a good deal for the amenities, convenience and friendly staff. Usually I book on Price line, but I wanted to stay at this hotel specifically because of the conference. I would stay here again if i needed to be near the airport.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are quiet.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Average airport hotel. Can't beat the commute - a walk instead of a shuttle bus ride. Definite points for that. Hotel staff is really nice as well.

Negatives - no wifi except the lobby and concierge lounge
They are getting ready to renovate so this will be fixed.

Hotel lobby restaurant is pretty good. Service good. Prices high but expected for airport hotel.

Concierge lounge staff is great. Food is bad. Evening food is cheap and they don't have the basics of raw veggies and cheese. They upscale it to grilled (canned) veggies and fancy cheese (brie, etc - no exactly finger food). Breakfast up there is nothing special either.

Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I paid $350 a night - and there is not WIFI in the room. The $13 a day for "premium" wired internet was slow and did not accommodate my company VPN. Completely shut down all internet every time I tried to connect. Did all the usual - to try to make it work. Nope. It is a perfect place for an early flight --- but the food in the restaurant was poor. The wine list is sincerely disappointing and so very very expensive for such cheap cheap wine. The rooms are tired and not very clean. Next time I will stay a couple miles further out at somewhere better and less expensive. The people were OK - but it is certainly not conducive to getting work done. I was told they will start renovation next month. If they do it right - it may be worth more, but certainly not what I paid. Ever.

chicago illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed 1 night for business. Hotel is a little dated. Bathroom fixtures a little corroded, furniture tired and scratched. Concierge lounge ok. But I felt the service could use some sprucing up, along with the hotel. Ate dinner in the lounge - it does serve late which is a godsend if you get in late. Easy to get to by walking through the B terminal. The shuttle from other terminals is a little slow and unreliable. Other reviewers gave this place a 5 star - that surprises me - maybe it was bad timing for me, but I just wasnt very impressed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott because of a late arrival and an early departure. Overall, the hotel is great and the service was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Location, location, location. It's a three minute walk from the hotel to the airport terminal, which gave me plenty of extra time in the morning before my flight. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I scheduled a wake up call at 5a and the phone rang as planned. The restaurant, while pricey, does not disappoint. I enjoyed a egg white frittata and very good coffee. The front desk was helpful in directing me to the shuttle and giving me information about the airport terminal. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I was thanked for my loyalty.

Cons: The beds are a bit firmer than I usually prefer, but overall it was comfortable. The rooms are dated and could use a makeover. The first night, I was placed in an accessible room. The shower in that room was terrible. Thankfully, on my next stay, I was in a regular room that had a great rain shower with great water pressure.

My only complaint, and this probably isn't Marriott's fault is that you can't walk from the rental car pick up to the hotel because there are no sidewalks. It would take less than five minutes to walk it, but you have to take a shuttle because it is unsafe to walk.

I recommend staying here if you are catching an early flight. They cater to business travelers and do a very good job of it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo