“Think Again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Airport Marriott

Save Saved
You added Philadelphia Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Arrivals Rd, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekends: Save up to 20%
Ranked #53 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Think Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Writing this from my hotel room. Been over an hour waiting for room service of just one appetizer. When called they informed me they were busy. Paying $329 for stay. Operator was almost on the rude side. You decide.

• Stayed November 2012

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the airport Marriott for three days while attending a conference at the hotel. I arrived at the airport about 8 PM, very tired after a 6 hour trip from L. A. Signs to walk to the hotel from the airport were clearly marked. It took about 7-10 minutes from terminal E to terminal B where the hotel is located.
Check in was a breeze--very courteous. I asked for a quiet room on a high floor and was very pleased with my king room on the 11th floor. I ordered room service for dinner, which was amazingly quick and delicious. The bed was comfortable, and the linens were lustrous and soft. Very comfy sleep. Spacious and very clean bathroom. I heard no noise from the airport or from adjacent rooms. The hotel catered a good continental breakfast for the conference and a delicious lunch with many vegetarian entrees. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was fine. Not gourmet or fancy, but fine. I had the tomato soup and the quinua dish, with a glass of white wine. Service was friendly and fast.
Only a couple of quibbles: the pool was too cold. Perhaps the heater wasn't working while I was there. The pool and jacuzzi area were very pleasant, and I swam in spite of the chilly water. The jacuzzi was quite hot. The only other issue I had was that on the last morning, housekeeping had forgotten to leave paper cups for in-room coffee. I used a glass instead.
The absence of wifi in my room was not inconvenient for me, as I could check my email and internet via my phone service on iphone and ipad.
I booked with the hotel directly, and got a AAA rate of $111 per night, which I thought was a good deal for the amenities, convenience and friendly staff. Usually I book on Price line, but I wanted to stay at this hotel specifically because of the conference. I would stay here again if i needed to be near the airport.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are quiet.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Average airport hotel. Can't beat the commute - a walk instead of a shuttle bus ride. Definite points for that. Hotel staff is really nice as well.

Negatives - no wifi except the lobby and concierge lounge
They are getting ready to renovate so this will be fixed.

Hotel lobby restaurant is pretty good. Service good. Prices high but expected for airport hotel.

Concierge lounge staff is great. Food is bad. Evening food is cheap and they don't have the basics of raw veggies and cheese. They upscale it to grilled (canned) veggies and fancy cheese (brie, etc - no exactly finger food). Breakfast up there is nothing special either.

Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I paid $350 a night - and there is not WIFI in the room. The $13 a day for "premium" wired internet was slow and did not accommodate my company VPN. Completely shut down all internet every time I tried to connect. Did all the usual - to try to make it work. Nope. It is a perfect place for an early flight --- but the food in the restaurant was poor. The wine list is sincerely disappointing and so very very expensive for such cheap cheap wine. The rooms are tired and not very clean. Next time I will stay a couple miles further out at somewhere better and less expensive. The people were OK - but it is certainly not conducive to getting work done. I was told they will start renovation next month. If they do it right - it may be worth more, but certainly not what I paid. Ever.

chicago illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed 1 night for business. Hotel is a little dated. Bathroom fixtures a little corroded, furniture tired and scratched. Concierge lounge ok. But I felt the service could use some sprucing up, along with the hotel. Ate dinner in the lounge - it does serve late which is a godsend if you get in late. Easy to get to by walking through the B terminal. The shuttle from other terminals is a little slow and unreliable. Other reviewers gave this place a 5 star - that surprises me - maybe it was bad timing for me, but I just wasnt very impressed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott because of a late arrival and an early departure. Overall, the hotel is great and the service was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Location, location, location. It's a three minute walk from the hotel to the airport terminal, which gave me plenty of extra time in the morning before my flight. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I scheduled a wake up call at 5a and the phone rang as planned. The restaurant, while pricey, does not disappoint. I enjoyed a egg white frittata and very good coffee. The front desk was helpful in directing me to the shuttle and giving me information about the airport terminal. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I was thanked for my loyalty.

Cons: The beds are a bit firmer than I usually prefer, but overall it was comfortable. The rooms are dated and could use a makeover. The first night, I was placed in an accessible room. The shower in that room was terrible. Thankfully, on my next stay, I was in a regular room that had a great rain shower with great water pressure.

My only complaint, and this probably isn't Marriott's fault is that you can't walk from the rental car pick up to the hotel because there are no sidewalks. It would take less than five minutes to walk it, but you have to take a shuttle because it is unsafe to walk.

I recommend staying here if you are catching an early flight. They cater to business travelers and do a very good job of it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel last minute for a great price on Priceline. We arrived at 4:30 and were told a room would not be available for two hours! No apologies, no sympathy and not an ounce of politeness. When we finally got our room, we were pleased to find a clean good sized room. You cannot beat the airport location where you do not even have to go outside to enter the airport. Checkout was just as unfriendly and cold. If it were not for the poor customer service this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Philadelphia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!