“Not up to standards I would expect from Marriott” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Philadelphia Airport Marriott

You added Philadelphia Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Arrivals Rd, Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
chicago illinois
“Not up to standards I would expect from Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed 1 night for business. Hotel is a little dated. Bathroom fixtures a little corroded, furniture tired and scratched. Concierge lounge ok. But I felt the service could use some sprucing up, along with the hotel. Ate dinner in the lounge - it does serve late which is a godsend if you get in late. Easy to get to by walking through the B terminal. The shuttle from other terminals is a little slow and unreliable. Other reviewers gave this place a 5 star - that surprises me - maybe it was bad timing for me, but I just wasnt very impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott because of a late arrival and an early departure. Overall, the hotel is great and the service was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Location, location, location. It's a three minute walk from the hotel to the airport terminal, which gave me plenty of extra time in the morning before my flight. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I scheduled a wake up call at 5a and the phone rang as planned. The restaurant, while pricey, does not disappoint. I enjoyed a egg white frittata and very good coffee. The front desk was helpful in directing me to the shuttle and giving me information about the airport terminal. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I was thanked for my loyalty.

Cons: The beds are a bit firmer than I usually prefer, but overall it was comfortable. The rooms are dated and could use a makeover. The first night, I was placed in an accessible room. The shower in that room was terrible. Thankfully, on my next stay, I was in a regular room that had a great rain shower with great water pressure.

My only complaint, and this probably isn't Marriott's fault is that you can't walk from the rental car pick up to the hotel because there are no sidewalks. It would take less than five minutes to walk it, but you have to take a shuttle because it is unsafe to walk.

I recommend staying here if you are catching an early flight. They cater to business travelers and do a very good job of it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel last minute for a great price on Priceline. We arrived at 4:30 and were told a room would not be available for two hours! No apologies, no sympathy and not an ounce of politeness. When we finally got our room, we were pleased to find a clean good sized room. You cannot beat the airport location where you do not even have to go outside to enter the airport. Checkout was just as unfriendly and cold. If it were not for the poor customer service this could be a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed here (4 adults) on a Monday night in October before going on vacation Tuesday AM. The hotel has a vibrancy to it and yet it was a quiet night's sleep attached to Terminal B. Two of us had drinks at the bar and then moved over to the restaurant for dinner, which was delicious. The rooms were very clean with ultra comfortable beds. In the morning we simply cleaned up, closed our suitcases and strolled over to security before flying south. Will definitely do this again! It beats the hustle and worry of rush hour traffic.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We landed at 5:00 AM in PAL after an exhausting international flight and couldn't find the hotel shuttle. We called the hotel from the terminal and Janine who answered the phone was just amazing - she organized the driver to come pick us up in a few minutes, she gave us a free breakfast which was a chance to rest till the room was ready and before 9:00AM (!) got us a room which had 2 double beds and a crib as requested so we could rest before the official check-in time. I couldn't thank her enough. This hotel was pricey but definitely worth it, the train to the city was easy to catch, and our next day's flight only a short walk away. Oh - and the windows were so well isolated, I think it was the most quiet hotel I've slept in.

southern california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Philly for granddaughters wedding and Hurricane Sandy stranded us. After looking at our Options we decided the best was to head to to Marriott connect to the air port. Location was was we needed.
We had front row seats looking over the airport Marriott style,
My husband intended to do some work ,we had electricity and felt as safe as could be but after much frustration they are too cheap too have wireless in the room. That is why everyone is in th lobby working on their lap tops., I think this is totally unacceptable!

Room Tip: No wireless in the room, they want you to pay I addition to paying top dollar
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location, easy check in, well signed within the airport and directly connected to the terminals, clean room with updated look and TV. Downsides were parking was expensive (at the airport itself thought there's a small discount for guests and it is easy to use), and internet was charged in the room as per usual with Mariott (which I will never pay for just use wireless hotspot on my phone) and it should be free.

I had a nice view of the runways in my room which I like as its interesting if you're killing a few minutes, but I could not hear the planes at all, so it's far enough away and well insulated I assume.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Philadelphia Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!