We stayed here recently for four nights as a family with kids ages 7 and 10 and had a pleasant stay.
The pros: The location is excellent -- easy walking distance (~5 blocks) to Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, etc. Easy walk (~2 blocks) to Old City and Penn's Landing. Ideal location if you want to start your explorations in Old City. Great selection of small restaurants and brewpubs within three blocks. The room was spotlessly clean, as is the hotel. Nice staff. Comfortable atmosphere -- hotel is upscale but not fussy. They don't seem to cater to young families (more geared toward business travelers/weddings) but at the same we felt comfortable there. We had free Wi-Fi (great speed) and no car to park, so I can't comment on those issues that others have mentioned.
The cons: The gym is not good for the serious runner. The treadmills are a bit worn, and the touchscreens containing the TV don't function well -- very frustrating. It would be nice to have the hot onsite breakfast buffet either included in the room rate or at a reduced cost. It is pricey -- $24 a person, though the kids ate free.
All in all we were happy there and would stay again if the rate was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Society Hill Hotel is near Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the National Constitution Center, Independence Visitors Center and Penns Landing. Our Philadelphia hotel has 17 meeting spaces ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Society Hill Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Sheraton