Sheraton Society Hill is located within a few, convenient blocks of the Independence Mall Historical Park and Penn's Landing. The Society Hill neighborhood itself is a historic and beautiful area of Philadelphia. Good restaurants (and mediocre ones) are located within easy walking distance.
- Mostly quiet, though hallway noise from passersby was distinctly noticeable.
- The room was comfortable.
- The bed gave a comfortable, cozy night's sleep. The bed and the pillows were outstanding.
- The room and bathroom were roomy.
- The bath was a shower and an oversize bathtub.
- Plenty of hot water.
- Plenty of bathroom amenities provided.
- Good towels (not great, but certainly adequate).
A few minor negatives:
- The Internet connection (a $10 upcharge for a day's service) was very slow at times.
- The heating/air conditioning unit in the room was a bit noisy, but not so annoying that it did not eventually fade into the background.
- Only a single guest bathrobe was in the room. Two would have made more sense. This is evidence housekeeping does not pay attention to details.
- The fabric was torn on an bench with an upholstered top among the room's furnishings. That is the sort of thing housekeeping ought to notice and report.
- The guest room doors do not keep out hallway noise, and I assume therefore they do not provide privacy for conversations held within the rooms.
A big negative:
- The restaurant at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel is called Taste. Find another place to eat. It is ridiculously overpriced. Light breakfast for 4 was $100--coffee/tea and juice for 4, 1 bagel, 1 berry bowl, 1 berry with yogurt bowl, 1 side ham, 1 side home fries, 1 egg dish. The menu does not accurately describe the food that is served, to wit, what the menu says the dishes contain and what actually gets served are two different things. I ordered grandly described home fries, which turned out to be bulk prepared and frozen commodity potato chunks with wheat breading--inedible. For $100 breakfast, I expect at least fresh potatoes. How hard is that?
The valet parking service was good and well worth the cost.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear 48S-Tatet-Ruck ,
Report response as inappropriate
We would first like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us. We appreciate all the kind and positive remarks regarding our hotel. We do apologize for all of the inconvenient happenings including the untidy furniture. We take pride in our service we provide as well as the surroundings of the hotel. We do routine maintenance in order to prevent furniture and the esthetics from becoming damaged . We would like to speak with you further regarding your stay with us. At your convenience, please email email@example.com with your contact information so that he may reach out to you.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.