“Beautiful Hotel in Society Hill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel

You added Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Dock Street, 2nd and Walnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Beautiful Hotel in Society Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in the Sheraton Society Hill for only 2 nights, but they were wonderful nights. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were very nice and were large. We had breakfast both mornings at the hotel and the food was wonderful. We were within easy walking distance of the downtown area and were able to walk to a number of the historic sites in the area, although my daughters favorite destination was the Dave and Buster's 3 minutes away.The hotel even had a kids splash pool which is perfect for my three year old daughter.

The only thing that I didn't like was the parking. The valet parking was almost 150 dollars for my two night stay! I had no idea that parking was going to be that expensive. Had I known in advance how expensive the parking was going to be I might have stayed outside the downtown area.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips on rooms, but the valet parking will set you back about 40 a day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Travelgirl05667,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay and we apologize that our parking options were not communicated to you before your stay. If you decide to return to the Sheraton Society Hill check out our special packages online where we offer a variety of options, including parking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Sylvan Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Sheraton Society Hill Hotel is always where I stay when traveling for business to Philladelphia. This hotel is located in walking distance to many fine restaurants and historic sites. The accommodations are above-standard. The hotel is very clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are exceptionally spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pam K,

We enjoy our repeat guests and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are extremely excited for your next stay with us.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is our second time at this particular Sheraton and we were not disappointed! Society Hill is a great location in Philadelphia, walking distance to shopping, restaurants and points of interest. It is also a lovely neighborhood and there are scenic views overlooking the river from many of the rooms!

Dear Workoutgirl24,

We are so happy you came back for a second time. We are always happy when familiar faces come back. We look forward to the next time you come and stay with us
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was invited to the Sports Network 26th annual Football Championship Subdivision Awards (the old Division 1-AA) dinner at the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel in Philadelphia. Presented were the the Walter Payton award for the player of the year; Eddie Robinson award for coach of the year; Buck Buchanan award for defensive player and Jerry Rice award for outstanding freshman. Jerry Rice hasn't caught a pass since 2005, but the NFL's all-time leading receiver was very hospitable and showed me some of his dance moves. Rice finished third on the second season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars,
Having spent three days in the City of Brotherly Love this past spring I was not interested in seeing the sites. But, if you are, this hotel is within walking distance of them all. The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, National Constitution Center and the Betsy Ross House are within a third of a mile from the hotel. Instead of driving from NYC I took a Greyhound bus both ways. The fare was less than the charge for overnight parking and in less than two hours I was in Philadelphia where a 5 minute taxi ride brought me to the hotel.
This is an atrium style building with four floors and 364 rooms. Try not to book a room on the outside as the noise from the lobby is rather loud, especially when there is a function taking place. My room was at the end of a maze of turns. The long walk led to a quiet room with all the amenities I needed. I was the only person using the pool, whirlpool and fitness center which are located on two floors. The buffet breakfast was nothing special, but adequate. Checkout was a breeze and a taxi awaited my return to the Greyhound terminal and NYC.

Room Tip: Do not choose an outside room facing the atrium.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Vinoron,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We are happy you enjoyed the Sports Network event. Thank you for your comments about the hotel and the location. We hope the next time you travel to Philadelphia you choose to stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a very good Sheraton.

Location is fantastic and the service throughout all parts of hotel was very good also.

It’s an atrium style property so the layout adds a bit of noise to the overall experience.

Stayed with my family-ideal as you can walk to a ton of things right near the hotel including Liberty Bell Independence Hall and some naval and Korean war memorials.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear NPEMDAD,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We are very happy to host you during your stay in Philadelphia. We hope you return next year for the 2013 Army/Navy Games.
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed one night at the Sheraton for a business trip. I had also stayed previously for a night with my boyfriend a few years ago. Both times I found the location to be great - not far from everything I was looking to do, but also in an immediate neighborhood that is fairly quiet. On this most recent trip, I was lucky enough to go to dinner with my brother at Zahav which is an excellent Israeli-Mediterranean restaurant just across the street from the hotel.

Checking in and out were easy and although it was a bit of a maze to my room, it was nice and quiet when I got there. I also thought that the room was pretty spacious for a city hotel. They were doing construction in the front of the hotel which was quite loud when I was checking in, but didn't get in my way otherwise. On our way out, it took all of 30 seconds to get a cab out front for the trip to my meetings. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear mau_nj,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill again. We sincerely thank you for reviewing our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience about the difficulty of finding your room. We will be sure to communicate better directions next time. We hope to see you again in the near future.
voorhee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Every year on my husbands Birthday we stay at this hotel.The staff is very nice and extremely acomodating.We like to go down to the bar and have a snack and a drink after we check in. To my surprise the bartenders(who have been there for years by the way) came out with a cake & a candle.They remember him every year! Its just like that there they give a little extra,thats what keeps us going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucky106,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We are so happy and honored that you choose to stay with us year after year. We look forward to see you again next year.. We hope you enjoy the holidays.

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!