“Clean, firendly, and convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Dock Street, 2nd and Walnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Clean, firendly, and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference and the experience was tremendous from check in to check out. I was immediately greeted by a friendly valet when I pulled up to the hotel, and I was under no time pressure to unload my bags. I proceeded to the main desk to check in (I arrived at least 3.5 hours before check-in) and was greeted again by one of the friendliest staff members you could meet. My information was taken promptly and my king room was ready despite my early arrival time. I arrived at my room and immediately noticed how clean it was. There was no dust or hair in the corners of the bathroom, no dust or mildew on the vents, and everything was in perfect order. My room was on the second floor away from the elevators and was very quiet. I was never disturbed or awakened by noise from the street, hallway, or adjacent rooms. The bed was VERY comfortable as well as the pillows (something I hadn't noticed before). The bathroom was perhaps a little undersized, but the cleanliness more than made up for the size. The only minor complaints I have about my stay are the ability of the A/C unit to cool the room down enough and the internet speed. I asked the front desk to check into the A/C and my second and third nights were more comfortable, but the thermostat only goes as low as 65- I prefer 60. The internet speed was adequate for most business applications, but was not suffieicnet for streaming video. This was not a big concern for my trip.

The conference facilities, meals, and snacks were wonderful. The food was hot or cold as appropriate and the food staff was on top of their game. I never had to wait for more food and the drinks were replenished as needed. Tables were attended to promptly and my napkins were even folded before I got back to my seat. That never happened during business trips to other locations.

This hotel is located near many of the Philly historic sites and great restaurants. I would recommend this hotel for business trips as well as family vacations. My overall experience was absolutely fantastic and I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this Sheraton to family and friends.

Room Tip: I always ask for rooms away from the elevators for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
We appreciate your time and feedback of our property. We have passed along your feedback to the appropriate departments. We just finished our hotel renovations with great improvements to the guest rooms, bathrooms and a great new restaurant, TASTE. We look forward to your return trip to Philadelphia and to our hotel.

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Doylestown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just returned from a fun weekend with my husband. We live in suburban Philadelphia and try to take advantage of Philly when we find ourselves without kids. This hotel has been nicely redone and it was a great stay. We parked our car and walked everywhere all weekend. The staff was really nice, the club room was well appointed and the lobby was a great meeting area. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your most recent visit to the Sheraton Society Hill. We thank you for all of your kind comments and happy to see you taking advantage of Philadelphia when you get the chance. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope when you do another weekend get away to Philly, you chose the Sheraton Society Hill again. Thank you
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights while discovering the historic old town of Philadelphia by foot. Leave your car safely parked ( for $35 per night) and find everything you need to know about Philadelphia at the Visitor's Center. The hotel is very clean , safe, friendly and helpful. Crispy fresh linens on the beds and soft towels in the bathroom. A great night's sleep and refreshing shower mean a lot to me, especially after being a tourist all day. The restaurant is adequate with a comfortable bar and lite meals. Room service was served with a smile, exactly on time and was perfectly cooked. A great location base for discovering Philadelphia.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Society Hill on your most recent trip to Philadelphia. We thank you for your wonderful comments and appreciate you taking the time to review our website. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your and hope the next time you are in Philadelphia you return to the Sheraton Society Hill. Thank you
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

It is evident that the property has gone through some rather extensive renovations within the past year, both the public spaces and the rooms. The plumbing and HVAC worked well and there were HD television channels (but the TVs are small). The rooms are clean. However, I was unable to get comfortable with the bed, got lost somewhere between the combination of the linens being too hard, the bed being too soft, the covers being too heavy, and the firmness of the two types of pillows. And there are no in-room refrigerators. The club lounge on the 3rd floor was small and had limited food offerings (only hot item for breakfast – grits), but the soft drink beverage selection was ample; to be sure, the limited alcoholic beverages are free during the weekday nights only. The property location is great for access to restaurants/bars, independent movies, Penn’s Landing, and the historic district.

My big objection to the property management is that no one seemed to know the details about the rooms (which room types have bigger bathrooms, which suites are the biggest, what exactly was redone during the rooms renovation etc). It did not help that there is no egress floor plan on the backside of the room entry door to consult for the layout of the property. Between the phone calls prior to arriving on-site and the attempts to clarify at the front desk (at every shift), the responses were universally “we do not know, we do not go into the rooms” and “they are about the same” and “its all renovated”, in addition to lots of conflicting information furnished about room availability and room type comparisons. During my stay, I moved from a standard club room with two beds to a junior suite king club room, only to find out that the bathroom in the junior suite is significantly smaller than the standard room (though the standard room had absolutely no counter space at the single sink). So if you are one who cares about what kind of room type you are in and/or about SPG platinum upgrades, then be prepared for some frustration.

Room Tip: take what the front desk informs you about the room types and details with a grain of salt
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Society Hill. We thank you for taking time to notice our renovations and appreciate your comments and feedback. We take all guests comments with the utmost attention and care to review our services and improve in any way possible. We do apologizes for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope that if you ever find yourself staying in Philadelphia again you choose the Sheraton Society Hill. Thank you
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for visiting the historical sites in Philadelphia. Th rooms were recently renovated and were beautiful. There are tons of shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance. The area around the hotel was much more quiet than in the Center City area where we spent a night at the Doubletree. I would definitely pick this area over the other areas in the city. Cabs were plentiful and you could go anywhere else in the city for under $10.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with the Sheraton Society Hill. We thank you for taking time to notice and appreciate the renovations. We are glad that you enjoyed your journey here with us and appreciate the time to review our hotel. We hope the next time you are in Philadelphia you will stay with the Sheraton Society Hill again. Thank you
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

From beginning to end of our family vacation stay at the Sheraton the staff was friendly, efficient, and went above and beyond to make our stay special. I highly recommend this hotel! It's newly renovated rooms were beautiful.
Perfect location for anything in the city! Also has great restaurants, bars and attractions in walking distance.

Room Tip: They have rooms nearby the indoor pool. If you have kids, I recommend getting a room nearby the poo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Society Hill on your visit to Philadelphia. We are so happy to hear that the whole family had a great time. We enjoy reading colorful reviews where guest compliment our staff. We are here to provide a terrific experience for you and your family. We hope the next time you come to Philadelphia you chose to stay with the Sheraton Society Hill again.
Centerport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a busy transient Hotel in a good location yet the rooms are antiquated and the whole place needs a little ''uplifting'' because it has potential.Why let this establishment worsen if it is busy and has some comfortable beds in a good location? l haven't a clue and seek some help understanding this and every time l come have a problem either waiting to park or pick up my car.Good luck to those daring enough but for my money , l'll go to the Westin , Park Hyatt , Ritz , Loew's or Four Season's and pay a little extra.

Room Tip: None and run
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We just completed a full renovation, including Guest Rooms & Bathrooms, along with Guest Hallways, all Public Space, including a great new restaurant, TASTE. We are sadden that you did not enjoy our recent renovations. Each day, we strive to aesthetically please our guest to give them the comforts of home as we understand that travel is hard and difficult. We thank you for your stay and hope that if you do come to Philadelphia again and give another opportunity to the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel.

Been to Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!