“old hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4509 Island Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153 (Formerly Hilton Philadelphia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
AREQUIPA, Peru
“old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had an extra large room even with two ironing boards, and an en suite shower. All quite old. No slippers, no bath gown. The manager's reception had some wine, beer and fingerfood inwhat looked like a provincial small ball room with two TV sets. Not quite restful. Restaurants were closed. I just had a stopvoer at PHL, so this was ok for me and my jet lag. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes 24/24, which was why I chose this hotel, as my flight departed at 6.00 am. There is nothing around the hotel (no restaurants, shops, etc).

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
doyelstown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Pick up at the airport was poor, waited over 50 min. for pick up, called twice to confirm. When driver arrive he dove past us, had to chase him down, He was there to pick up another quest not us. Driving skills were poor, missed exit had to go up to broad street to go back around, no hands free cell use to received calls, and rolled through a stop sign. In our past stays, the driver would drop us off at our car, he drove to the lobby, we needed to carry our bags to the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gyrod H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Good morning Steve J, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously in hopes of correcting any deficiencies so none of our future guest stays end in a negative manner. I have shared your remarks with the entire Front Office management team and I assure you measures will be taken to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope this doesn't prevent you from using our services again in the future when your travels bring you to the Philadelphia area. Have a great day.
West Palm Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in was professional and room was small but comfortable. but the rest of the service areas need attention.

Room service kept forgetting to bring ordered items. Breakfast was cold on delivery. If I am paying a premium for room service I don't expect any issues with missing items or cold food.

Worse still was housekeeping who kept knocking on the door starting at 830A. Checkout is at 12 noon. At one point a housekeeping supervisor didn't even wait for me to get to the door before she just let herself into the room. Intruding into an occupied room is simply not acceptable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Good afternoon Jeff B, we really appreciate your review of the Doubletree. I apologize that we could not make your stay more enjoyable during your recent trip to Philadelphia. Please know that you are always welcome to bring these items to our attention and we will always try our best to accommodate you and resolve these challenges as quickly as possible. Thank you again for the review and for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Have a great day.
York PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great overnight stay at the Doubletree last night. As we entered the hotel 3 motorcoaches of screaming teens were pulling up, My first thought was we're not getting any sleep tonight. But, the Doubletree staff was great and upgraded our room to a higher floor without screaming teens. The hotel was very clean, spacious, with very modern decor. The room was average. We enjoyed dinner at the Players in the hotel. Try the tukey wrap with grilled veggies. This ended up being a great place to watch the basketball game. We had an early morning so we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Landing Restaurant inside the hotel. The buffet had something for eveyone- the fresh muffins were so good. But, the absolute best thing about breakfast was our waiter Marcus. Marcus was funny, courteous, and extremley attentive. Make sure you sit in his section! If you have to stay overnight near the Philly airport this is the place to go. You can enjoy a great stay close to the airport without any airport noise. Every staff member we encountered at the Doubletree was great.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Good afternoon DLCYorkPA, I wanted to thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Philadelphia Airport Hotel!! I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. We strive for excellence service and want every guest to leave us extremely satisfied because the best way to improve is with feedback from our guests!! Based upon your review it looks as if we hit our goal of exceeding your expectations!! I have shared your comments with Marcus and our entire staff to show them how great a guest stay can go when we continue to focus on customer service.

Again, thank you for your response. I do hope that you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Philadelphia!!
Frederick, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here during a business trip, it is actually a higher end hotel than I usually get and I was expecting it to be very nice especially since their website brags that it was recently fully renovated. When I checked in the lobby was attractive and the staff was very friendly, they gave me a warm cookie which is normal for this chain. When I entered my room it looked good overall, but then I noticed what appeared to be a large bug on the sheers, it turned out to be a big black stain. I looked down and saw an electrical wire running from the wall to the floor next to the window. I turned around and thought there were additional stains on the dust ruffle on the bed, but they turned out to be holes. I went to use the bathroom and when I tried to get toilet paper, the roll which was suspended from the counter top promptly fell off and rolled all the way back under the counter to the wall because it hadn't be properly secured in the dispenser. Then I started unpacking, when I tried to plug my toothbrush into the only electrical socket in the bathroom, the plug simply fell out. No plug would stay in that socket, I had to tie the cord to the towel rack to get the plug to stay in. Note the bathroom is small, the door comes within one foot of the toilet, but overall it is well laid out and attractive. I was planning to leave to have dinner with a friend in the area, so I went to put my computer in the safe. The safe wouldn't work at all. I called and was told someone would be up in a few minutes. While I was waiting I noticed that I could hear a mother and her children talking in the next room, it wasn't terrible but I was just surprised how the sound came through the door (a lock off). After about 5 minutes I decided to leave taking my computer with me. When I returned the safe appeared to have been repaired. At least the bed was comfortable and the sheets appeared to be clean (I checked everywhere and found no evidence of bugs). The next morning (Sunday) I tried to make some coffee and found the coffee maker was not plugged in, and I couldn't reach the plug. I moved the coffee maker to the desk so I could plug it in. The coffee was good, but the coffee maker was missing the cover for the water compartment. I turned on the TV to watch a church service, it wasn't normal cable but some sort of internet based TV. The TV took a considerable time to initialize causing me to miss the beginning of the sermon. When the TV finally initialized the picture was subpar, but good enough. I watched about 10 minutes and the TV abruptly started initializing again and never returned to the program. I gave up and decided to take a shower. The shower worked fine, but the exhaust fan did not. I think the switch was in the same box as the lousy socket, at least there was an extra little switch there that did nothing. It was obvious that the fan has not been working for some time because the wood on the vanity was getting marks on it. Next I went to the hotel's $17 breakfast buffet. The buffet was very disappointing, don't waste your money, many hotels have better breakfast for free. Maybe the menu items are better, I didn't go back to their restaurant but bought some breakfast bars for the rest of my stay. There are no nearby restaurants so I guess they can get away with alot. After breakfast I went to lock up my safe so I could go to the meeting, the safe light up when I pressed the first digit, but then died. I called again and someone did come up quickly, but was unable to fix it. The repairman suggested that I request another room because he had no spare safes to exchange it with. I knew all the hotels in the area were fully booked for the meeting and I needed to leave so I used my cable lock to secure my computer to the desk and hoped for the best. Tuesday morning I had to give a presentation early in the morning, so I set the alarm clock. The alarm clock did not go off, so I had to rush to get to the meeting. It turns out the time (not the alarm) was 12 hours off (it said PM in the morning rather than AM). After my presentation I felt very bad and had to struggle through the rest of the day. It wasn't until the next morning that I realize that in the rush I had forgotten to take my medication. I was very happy to check out of this hotel the next day! I am glad that I wasn't there before the renovations! I should also mention the location is not convenient to anything other than the airport and you can hear the planes in the room, but at least the old through the wall air conditioner helps to drown out the outside noises. The public bus that picks up just outside of the hotel doesn't go very far, it takes many transfers and hours to get downtown. If you do get stuck in this hotel, use the free hotel airport shuttle and take the train downtown. Cab fare downtown is very high, if you think you would use a cab take the extra money and stay downtown instead. Driving downtown without traffic can take as little as 15 minutes, but there is nearly always traffic and it often takes closer to an hour plus parking can be expensive and extremely difficult to find.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the runway as you can!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Good evening Alanbrooks, thank you so much for sharing your experience from your recent stay here with us at the Doubletree. The best advertising we can get comes directly from those guests who stay with us, and the best way for us to continue to improve our service and property is through feedback - both positive and constructive - and then acting on it to ensure we make change.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we do hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Philadelphia.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nothing too remarkable, same as all airport hotels, but surprisingly disorganized for what doubletree normally offers. Carpets in the corridors where dirty, the locks on the doors where barely functioning (they changed my room twice because of problems) and housekeeping was less than stellar.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Good day JCZ64, thank you for the review regarding your recent stay here at the Doubletree. I make it a point to review all guest comments-good or bad- in order to keep our team focus on creating a hassle-free, memorable experience for all guests. We want you to be able to leave completely satisfied but it sounds as if we missed that mark and for that I am truly sorry.

Again, thank you very much, and we do hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the city of brotherly love.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel as we had an early departure the next morning and the hotel had a free parking deal at the time. The beds were very comfortable, the room clean and for the proximity to the airport very quiet. We were greeted with warm cookies, hot cider and a very helpful clerk. What more could you ask for at the end of a day?

The hotel shuttle was prompt on our departure. We phoned the hotel when we returned and within a reasonable amount of time were picked up and returned to our car.

I will most definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Requested quiet room away from elevator and high floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Good evening 612Traveller, first I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Doubletree Philadelphia Airport, as well as sharing your experience - we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay!! I did want to let you know, that although you did enjoy your stay and had great things to say about our hotel and staff, if there was any way to improve on your experience to please let us know. The only way we can improve on our service and product is through feedback from our guests such as yourself.

Thank you again, and we do hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Doubletree Philadelphia Airport!!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!