“Service remains excellent after brand name change” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4509 Island Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153 (Formerly Hilton Philadelphia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Service remains excellent after brand name change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This used to be the Hilton Hotel at PHL. They changed it to a Double Tree in October 2014. I stayed many times before the change and when I checked in it seemed that nothing had changed. The service level and kindness from front desk, bellman, etc. remained top notch.
Rooms and bathroom were clean. Bed was comfy. Parking also was free. Free shuttle service for those who do not have a car.
I ate the the Players lounge where they have big screen TV's all around to watch anything you want. Server was efficient and courteous. Food was also good. Will definitely stay again next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport on Jan 17th and on Jan 23rd 2015. We stayed there 2 years ago going on a trip so we decided to stay there for this trip. The hotel is very clean. We love when you check in that they give you a warm cookie. The rooms are very warm comfortable. The beds are not bad either. We love that they take you to and from the airport very quickly. From our room you could see the airport and the planes taking off. They have a very nice restaurant and also a bar area. We ate dinner and breakfast there. There food is a little pricey but it was good. The next time we fly out of the Philadelphia Airport I know I will booking a stay at the Double Tree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport Hotel.
Kathy Young
Hummels Wharf, PA

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is fine -- functional, clean, easy to get to. Value for money is good. The restaurant was a bit disappointing: service was reasonably good (if a little slow), but the food was a little blah for the price. The room was immaculately clean, and comfortable. Free WiFi was good. So overall, not a bad place to stay... in the absence of having stayed anywhere else around here, I'd probably recommend it. My only problem is that the soundproofing from the room next door was poor, and I slept poorly because I was woken up a couple times. This was a bit disappointing. But if you don't happen to get noisy neighbors, this obviously wouldn't be an issue.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I recently stayed overnight at the PHL airport Double Tree prior to a trip to the Carribbean. We travel two or three times a year and have stayed at this property (formally a HIlton) for over 10 years now. Parking is always available and we feel our car is as safe as can be while we're away. This time, we were curious to check out the hotel since on our last trip in the summer the carpeting in the hallways to the rooms were kind of smelly and worn. We were pleasantly surprised in that the carpeting has been replaced. All staff encountered (front desk, security, staff in the sports bar and shuttle drivers) were very friendly and competent. Our room was clean with a very comfortable bed. Upon our return the shuttle arrived within 10 minutes for pick up and again the driver was very kind and friendly. We recommend this hotel to all and will be returning for a stay prior to future vacations.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel is clean and close to the airport. Waited 45 minutes for a pick-up and almost an hour to be returned to the airport the next morning. Also, while waiting for the shuttle back to the airport, no coffee was offered because the Starbuck in the hotel was soon to open ( in 40 minutes). Felt we were disturbing the lady at the front desk. I am a HHonors member but will not return to that hotel the next time I am in Philly"

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton Inn. It is close to a train station that takes you downtown and they have better s...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Browns Mills, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel as my mother had a 6:00 A.M. flight out of Philadelphia and we live about an hour away. I will say for the price you cannot beat this hotel. That part of town there are not many eating choices, so we ate dinner at the hotel. We chose the Sports Bar as we didn't want a big heavy dinner. Great decision. I had the best soup, I don't know what it was the waitress said cabbage and potato soup but it was worth the trip itself! Everyone in our party was very pleased with their dinner. Not one complaint. And the drinks one of the best Cosmopolitan's I ever had. The hotel is fine very convenient to the airport. The staff is exceptional. Friendly and helpful. The reasons I am not giving it five stars are: 1.) The hotel rooms are a little worn. The bathroom was very nice and 2.) This is not the hotel's fault but we had a very noisy group on our floor. VERY LOUD! No respect for others staying on the floor. The noise started at about 11:00 P.M. I did not want to be awaken when I would have to get up at 3:30 to get my mother ready for her flight. And again they got very loud at about 5:15 A.M. I was just going back to bed but I felt sorry for those that had gotten in on a late flight to be awaken by such loud hotel guest. People be considerate of other in the hotel, especially when you are in the halls.

Room Tip: I am not sure you can get a bad room, this hotel has no views unless you like watching planes and th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I like the location.I thought the warm cookies are nice. The fruit water in the lobby was good.I truely enjoyed stay. I Slept so well, the bed was very comfy. Staff was nice upon check in, and made for a nice but short conversation. I would stay here again! :-)

• Stayed January 2015
Gyrod H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Good day Shaybay777, we really appreciate your kind review of the Doubletree Philadelphia Airport! There is no better place to stay when visiting the Philadelphia Airport area. We have such a wonderful staff and accommodations here which are ideal for families and business travelers alike. You know that you are always welcome and we look forward to your next stay. Thank you again for the kind words and for allowing us the opportunity to serve you!! Have a great day!!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!