We booked a room here before our early flight the next morning, reviews were decent and the price wasn't terrible however I wish we either spent a little more or spent less and went in with lower expectations. When coming into the lobby there was one person in line to check-in before us and with 4 people behind the desk I figured there wouldn't be any wait. We of course had to wait, to wait for the employees to finish their obviously VERY important personal conversations.
There was construction going on at our floor with dust everywhere which triggered my allergies, I would have appreciated a heads up. Thankfully nothing was actively happening so we didn't have a noise issue during the night but if we were staying for more than one night it would have been imperative that we were told about the construction. The beds in our room were rock solid and pillows were flat and super soft, so soft that as soon as you put your head down the little bit of padding in the pillow go to the side of your head. The bathroom was not very clean either, thankfully we had all showered at home so we didn't have to deal with the random hairs everywhere.
The two stars are because the hotel allows guests to park in the hotel lot and take the shuttle to the airport instead of dealing with airport parking, it was actually cheaper that way. The shuttle departing the hotel for the airport was on a schedule but you had to call when you landed to have it pick you up. For whatever reason our call went unanswered and the only reason we got picked up is because we flagged down a passing shuttle that had just dropped people off. I wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport is an excellent hotel, providing comfortable accommodations and great service. The DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport is located adjacent to the Philadelphia International Airport, and offers a complimentary airport shuttle; a complimentary business center, where our guests can print boarding passes at their convenience; complimentary wireless high-speed internet in the guest rooms and lobby, and free parking for guests. The DoubleTree also offers the affordable Drive and Fly package for guests wanting to leave their cars while away on a trip, and features the Players Sports Bar with 13 HD televisions and a delightful menu of appetizing taste treats, pool tables, and video games. Enjoy a relaxed but stylish breakfast, lunch, or dinner in our Landing Restaurant, featuring an assortment of steaks, chops, and seafood for the discerning palate. Come visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Philadelphia Airport Hotel Philadelphia
- Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Airport
- Philadelphia Hilton