“Wonderful Stay – Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Penn's View Hotel

You added Penn's View Hotel to your Saves list
Penn's View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 North Front St. & Market, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
San Diego, California
“Wonderful Stay – Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Working at a museum obviously customer service is a priority for me and I look for the same when I go out, and it’s obvious that excellent customer service is a high priority for management at Penn’s View.
We were in town for the commissioning of my fiancé’s ship so I wanted to stay somewhere close to the pier, when I called to get information before booking they were very helpful in giving me advice of location, transportation, etc at that point I decided I wanted to stay there.
I did my booking thru Expedia and when I checked in everything went very smooth, we got a nice little room that you could see Market street, remember that it is an older building so don’t expect a luxurious/modern building, but it is still a very accommodating hotel. Room was very clean, towels very white and soft and I really cant say enough about Antonio (manager) he is just such a lovely person.
Breakfast is just so much fun since you get to make your own waffles and boil your eggs, that was a must in the morning for me ! Overall if we go back to Philly I would definitely stay at this location again.

Thank you Penn’s View for making our stay so lovely .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Wonderful boutique (Luxe) hotel at the foot of Market Street. Our room was perfect (407) and extremely quiet. Breakfast is included and is presented in the main dining room. First time I have ever been able to make my own soft boiled eggs which went well with the waffles, fresh fruit and scones. I, too, am glad that there were no TVs in the room. We had lunch (twice) and dinner once in Panorama Ristorante and it was just perfect. Parking is convenient and, considering it is Philadelphia, was reasonable. $23 for 24 hours with unlimited in/out access. Conveniently located with a short walk to Penns Landin where we attended the commissioning of the USS Somerset. Plenty of places within walking distance in Old City for drinks, munchies, etc.. Antonio, the desk manager, could not have been more courteous or helpful. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (307, 407) and the "suites" are nice, at the end of the hall overlook...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Absolutely loved this little gem! Food at the Panorama Restaurant was delicious, Worlds biggest wine bar, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff, beautiful rooms, Priced right, great views of Market street and the waterfront.

Room Tip: Room facing the river was nice but the south side towards Market had a balcony and great view too
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was pleased with this quaint, historic hotel. It met all our needs and was the perfect location for being tourists for a weekend. We had no specific plans - many sights were within easy walking distance - the historic area, South street, and Penn's landing where we got to tour the USS Somerset which was in port for commissioning. Our room 502 was charming with a tiny balcony with a nice view. We loved the breakfast room (which we were happy to see had no TVs) - it had beautiful murals and white table clothes. The breakfast consisted of fruit, scones, cereal, make-your-own waffles and eggs, coffee, juice, etc. The parking was easy access next to the hotel and $23 for 24 hours. We also got a reasonable rate on the hotel. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Philly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

It's been a little while since we visited, but we have not forgotten about all the good things at the Penn's View Hotel. Location is always important when I travel and this hotel is perfect if you are visiting to see the historical sights. So many are within easy walking distance, we never needed our car. Took a taxi a couple of times. Fast and fairly priced. Good public transportation just outside the door. Room was spacious and quiet. The bar inside the hotel alone is worth the trip. I give special thanks to Front Office Manager Antonio for going out of his way to ensure our visit was comfortable. Thanks

Room Tip: Hotel is a consolidation of old buildings, so there are probably few similar rooms. Check with hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Location is very easy walking distance from Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, Old City, Penn's Landing, and Constitution Center. Right above the blue line subway if you need to go City Hall, 30th Street Station or West Philadelphia. We were there for business, and it was a 5-10 minute cab ride to City Hall or Rittenhouse Square.

Hotel itself is decent - rooms are large and sort of fussily furnished and a bit out of date - my room was too hot the entire time and I eventually had to turn off the heat when it was below freezing outside. Hotel breakfast is continental and just OK (waffle maker, fresh fruit) but with some quirks (you have to hard boil your own eggs, all the cereal was gluten-free). Service was only OK - we arrived during a blizzard and no one helped with our bags, but staff was good about directions, and the woman who handled breakfast was friendly and helpful. No minibar (if that's something you care about).

Room Tip: Not sure if any have a nice view, but my room had a majestic view of dumpsters. Not the end of the w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in November. The staff were very helpful and the hotel was very clean.
There was a range of options available for breakfast and helpful staff on hand to provide assistance.
The hotel itself is in a very good location. We arrived by bus and we're able to walk to the hotel. We managed to walk to most sites and actually only used the subway to get to the Wells Fargo centre as this is too far to walk to.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Penn's View Hotel? Share your experiences!