“wow - what a deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Hotel at Independence Park

You added Omni Hotel at Independence Park to your Saves list
Omni Hotel at Independence Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
nj
“wow - what a deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

we took a package here for room & couples massage -- price was exceptional when you consider all that got thrown in ... above & beyond .... massages were very good, spa okay, but personnel down there were excellent.....my only complaint and this is my biggest w/many hotels is the sound when the heat or a/c kicks on & off during the night....i'm a light sleeper and it would keep waking me, my wife is a heavy sleeper, she didn't even notice......so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper...otherwise an exceptional beautiful place in the heart of historic area that treated us like royalty

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Millsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

The service at this hotel was outstanding. From the pre-arrival email helping us plan our stay to staff on site. I forgot my make-up bag in the car and the retrieved it for me in 10 minutes. The room was amazing. We had a corner King room on the 12th floor so the views were endless, all the way to the delware river on one side and down to city hall on the other. Room was well equiped and very comfortable. If you stay here and haven't stayed at omni make sure you sign up for the Select Guest program. Its free and worth the perks. We love Omni. This is the second one we stayed at and will continue to for all our trips if there is one in the city we are visiting. The only issue we had was the people next door were easily heard, so we just ran the fan on the room ac/heat and it drowned it out.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We enjoyed our three night stay in the Omni, well located for tourists, just a few hundred metres from Independence Hall and close to other historic sites.

Our standard room and bathroom were spacious and well equipped, apart from a curiously small bathtub. The bed was unusually comfortable. Our view over the park would have been better if the windows were clean. The decor of the rooms and public areas is 'classic elegance'. WiFi internet access is free.

The expensive but good quality breakfast is cooked-to-order in the hotel's elegant restauarant and there are few nearby alternatives at the weekend.

All the staff we met were pleasant and helpful, apart from one overworked bartender.

This is a good four star hotel but not a de luxe venue, despite a few five star touches. Recommended to tourists or business visitors with some spare time.

Tip - visit the Barnes Foundation (reserve ahead) before it closes in its present location in mid 2011.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Not a 'full service' hotel, but nice sized rooms, great bedding, an indoor pool and a really nice gym. Great location by all the historic attractions and not too far from some fantastic restaurants. We have stayed there twice and plan to stay there again -- great deals on rates on the web as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

The hotel is perfectly situated just a block or so from Independence Hall. The parking garage is right next door, so if you're not going to be using your car during your stay it provides a cheaper alternative to valet. The lobby is luxuriously decorated and gives off a strong fragrance that might overwhelm you at first if your nose is particularly sensitive. I enjoyed the fireplace, and the lounging area here is very nice if you're not quite ready yet to go to your room.

My room was immaculate, but I was surprised that there was no microwave or fridge. I keep expecting 4 star establishments to have these amenities but I guess that won't always be the case. I was able to use the bar to store some of my foods once I got a key from the desk, but still got slapped with an $8 surcharge (despite not having any drinks). For that they lose a green dot. :-P

They also lose points for bad WiFi service too (the signal was pretty weak on the 6th floor). I'm part of the Guest Select Program so I got my WiFi for free, yet the signal was sporadic at best. If I had wound up paying for Wi-Fi I would have been very irate. Fortunately I was able to use my cell phone for Internet access (it's always good to have a backup option!)

Otherwise the room was very quiet, the maid very friendly, the prices fairly competitive with other nearby hotels, and the convenience of a restaurant inside the hotel makes this an good option for those who want to tour the Olde City in style.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Ashburn, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I love the room service here. The rooms are so comfortable--I come for treatments at Wills Eye Institute, and when I get back to the Omni I just want to eat and lounge. Their food quality and attention to detail is superb. I slip on the bathrobe provided in the room and relax on the bed, channel surfing till I drift off to sleep. I consider the Omni to be a vegging oasis!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I decided to stay at the Omni because I had such a great experience at another Omni Hotel. The Omni Hotel at Independence Park was more than I could have expected. From the minute I walked thru the lobby the staff was so nice and attentive. I am a select guest member and was upgraded to a GORGEOUS corner room. It was huge! The bed was so comfortable I was in heaven. I was worried about the city nice but I sleep like a baby. I did have a drink at the bar and met some people in town that were at a conference. A couple had been staying at the Best Western down the street but moved here when they heard about how great the hotel was. The staff helped me find tours and recommended cool places to go to. I would totally stay here again the next time I am in Philly! A quick tip become a member of the select guest program its free you get free wifi and free morning drinks delivered to you in the morning. I got a coke and a rather large pitcher of hot chocolate (about 4 cups worth)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Omni Hotel at Independence Park? Share your experiences!