“location and great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Hotel at Independence Park

You added Omni Hotel at Independence Park to your Saves list
Omni Hotel at Independence Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #11 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Winter Park, Florida
“location and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just had a great night at the Omni even though the fire alarm went off at 5:00am. The front desk comp'd our breakfast! Our window looked straight out to Independence Hall. Parking is steep and I guess not secured, since we were told to take all valuables and informed of how others had been broken into. Wonderful workout facility, lobby and staff.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed at the omni in Dec for a wedding that was taking place nearby. Overall, the staff was really nice, the room was clean (although smelled a little musty), and the hotel is decorated well. However I found it odd that at check-in we had to sign a noise policy and were told to keep all noise down, and to notify the desk if there was any noise. I thought maybe this was because they didn't want any nonsense, but once we got to our room I understood why...for such a big, seemingly nice hotel, the walls are paper thin. Also, you can hear everything taking place in the hallway. Our room was located outside the elevator and we could clearly hear it ding each time it arrived on the floor. During the late night hours I woke up a couple of times to people talking in the hallway as they walked to their rooms. They weren't obnoxious or screaming but the sounds were just that audible.

As for the room, there was a good amount of space, and the bathroom was pretty large. The bed was comfortable enough but it was almost like we didn't have a true comforter. My husband joked this was their sad attempt at a comforter because it was so thin, about the consistency of an empty duvet cover and a sheet. I kept adjusting the temp of the room because we couldn't quite get warm (this was Dec in Philly and it was cold). Another small annoyance was that the morning we were to check out, housekeeping had only left one towel. We only stayed 2 nights so not sure why we ended up with a shortage. Also, water pressure was just okay. I know this sounds nitpicky, but guess I have gotten spoiled by the heavenly showers when I have stayed at Westin hotels.

The strangest part of our stay was our rude awakening the morning we were to leave. At around 5 or 5:30 AM, I'm assuming someone pulled the fire alarm, but I'm not really sure because no one ever provided any information as to what happened. My husband first thought it was a false alarm and that it would soon shut off, but after a couple of minutes it did not. I called the front desk and couldn't get an answer. We went downstairs to find lots of groggy and confused folks in pajamas staring at one another wondering what was going on. Firemen were coming in and out of the lobby but there didn't seem to be a real sense of emergency. This lasted about an hour. We saw a lot of people go back to grab their stuff and just leave. We considered it but were on the 12th floor and the elevators were not working. Finally, when the extremely annoying alarms stopped (even more annoying after our night of drinking), there was no hotel staff to tell us anything, just the firemen casually yelling out for everyone to go back to their rooms. We proceeded to the elevator and waited for about ten minutes with no idea as to whether someone was working on them. We gave up and walked the 12 flights back to our room. I understand things like this happen, and if some idiot pulled the alarm that it's not the hotel's fault, but it would have been nice for someone to communicate something to the guests during the time we waited, and when we were standing around wondering if the elevators were going to work.

Overall, I was disappointed because I was expecting more from this hotel. It was okay and the location was nice, but I think next time we are in Philly we will stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Omni Hotel, Independence Park was very enjoyable. The room was impeccable and had an elegant feel to it. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would choose the same hotel if I return to Philadelphia in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is perfectly located for business or personal activities in and around Independence Park. It is fairly priced and beautifully maintained. The hotel and wait staff are unfailingly polite and the food was excellent.

chester springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had the pleasure of staying at the Omni for one night in December. The location is fabulous and the views of Independence Hall were lovely. The hotel amenities are excellent and the staff is extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend this center city hotel for families and adults looking for a romantic get away!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had a great time at the omni. We drove from NYC. Got in a little early. Concierge was kind enough to hold our bags for the day while my gf and i went out for lunch and exploration of the old city. The hotel is within walking distance to a lot of museums and restaurants. The staff there is really friendly and helpful. True professionals. The room itself was clean and very specious. The bed was comfortable. Would stay here again when returning to Philly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, IL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveling on business, and needed a city location. The Omni Independence Park has an excellent location, with first class amenities and staff. Stay was perfect. Staff was attentive but not hovering. Will definitely stay again if in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Hotel at Independence Park? Share your experiences!