“Went through 3 rooms- all dirty bed covers. Disgusting. I left.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Hotel at Independence Park

Save Saved
You added Omni Hotel at Independence Park to your Saves list
Omni Hotel at Independence Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Went through 3 rooms- all dirty bed covers. Disgusting. I left.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

First, location is great and bellman and front desk lady great.
BUT, I went through 2 rooms with dirty beds. Then they said they'd comp one of my upcoming nights and said the dir of housekeeping was going to inspect before I went to next room. Danged if it didnt have issues on both beds too.

I left.

If you care how clean things are, do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel, I was there for one night on business. The hotel is not very far from the airport and located in a great historic area. The hotel was very nicely decorated and the room was very comfortable. Being on the 14th floor, I thought the room was very quiet and had a great view of the river. The room did have a very nice Bose Wave system in it for the alarm clock, but no convenient plug for my phone charger. Most hotels these days have lamps with plugs, this room did not. The only other issue which is partly mine and maybe a function of the building was the stand up shower. The bathroom overall was awesome,nice jacuzzi tub, great counter space and lots of room. Which was puzzling to me when the shower stall was maybe 3ft by 3ft. For someone of my height 6'4" and broad shoulders, it was like being in an airplane lavatory. It was cozy to say the least. None of these would ever prevent me from coming back or recommending, I might just ask for a room with a larger shower. Otherwise, great shops, restaurants near by and only about a 1 block walk to the Independence Park.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Groton, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, large rooms. Very quiet on 10th floor, nice view of river. Easy walk to convention center, right in the middle of the older tourist attractions. Cobbled streets, tons of food and shopping all around. Robes in rooms, great pillows, friendly staff, good hotel food. Loved it!

• Stayed April 2013
Janesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We spent a long weekend ant the Omni. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room gave us a view of the Independence Hall. The room was very spacious and clean. The hop on off bus is only 2 blocks away. Many of the tourist sites such as Christ Church and Ben Franklins grave are an easy walking distance. We enjoyed our weekend very much, and would go back anytime. I got a last minute rate thatwas very reasonable for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Burnt Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Omni is located right in the middle of all the historic sites. We never moved our car in 4 days. Everything in the Omni is top shelf. Helpful, courteous staff, really nice room, and location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I decided to stay at the Omni when I had friends in town and planned to go to a concert at the nearby Electric Factory. I live not far from Philly but didn't want to have to drive home after an afternoon/evening of drinks and the concert. I hadn't stayed in an Omni for years, and this location exceeded my expectations. It's right next door to a much more expensive hotel that I was considering before choosing the Omni. For the location and quality of the room, I'm glad I didn't waste my money. I got a basic King room, the room and bathroom was a great size, larger than I expected. There was a robe available and I had a great view. I almost thought I was accidentally upgraded, but that was the standard King room. The view alone made me appreciate the city that I grew up in all over again. The hotel is walking distance to Old City and the historic areas (Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, etc), restaurants (check out Chops Too for upscale or Cooperage for great food and whiskey). It was a quick cab ride to the Electric Factory and Northern Liberties area. I felt safe walking the area at night. Yes I'm from here so I might have felt at ease because I knew my surrounding, but it's right in the midst of the touristy section and well lit. Unlike some big city hotels, you can take a couple of wrong turns here and still feel safe. The valet/front door bellmen were all very friendly and helpful. There are many hotel options in this part of Philly, I would highly recommend this one.

Room Tip: Nearby self park is costly. Nearby parking on the street is free after 8pm and the area is safe enou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Aachen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you are a tourist, you can't get a better location. Situated at the heart of independence park, you are just 1-2 walking minutes away from independence hall. There are also plenty of restaurant options in the neighborhood, no matter what budget you're on.
The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are quite spacious, clean and equipped with everything you need

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Omni Hotel at Independence Park? Share your experiences!