“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Hotel at Independence Park

Save Saved
You added Omni Hotel at Independence Park to your Saves list
Omni Hotel at Independence Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here for a historic tour of Philadelphia. The hotel is immaculate. The service is excellent. The rooms are adequate, and the windows open a little bit to get some fresh air. We were on the 11th floor with a beautiful water, and historic area view. Breakfast room service was excellent, and right on time. Morning beverage service is offered if you are a member of Omni Hotels (do this online for free). Also they bring the children cookies and milk at night. The valet was worth it. The door people were helpful, and polite. The front desk service was excellent, and quick. The housekeepers were efficient. It has a pool, and sauna which my daughter loved. It has a fitness club which is adequate. Hotel will email you info about the area ahead of time, so you can plan your trip.

We did have dinner at the hotel one night. I did not care for the food, but the breakfast buffet was awesome. We did not use the bar in the lobby, but it seemed quiet, and clean.

My daughter got food poisoning the first night, and I had to take her to a hospital. Jefferson hospital is a one minute cab ride, and the staff there were excellent. Hotel service was so helpful, and understanding. They took away all the soiled linens, and cleaned the bathroom with bleach. They also shampoed our rug. Don't eat at the Continental. Cheesesteak eggroll, was the culprit.

My husband, and my other daughter enjoyed a private history tour with Thomas Walker, a local tour guide. You can book him through the hotel. If you have children, don't worry. He will make it interesting, and fun for them, too. You pay $50/hr which is not much more then a historic bus tour. You get a private guide for your family, he uses his vehicle, he gives the kids a toy, and gets some great personal photos for your family. My husband said he was worth every penny, and my nine year old daughter talked about what she learned all day. Book right through the hotel. He will call you ahead of time to personalize your tour.

Room Tip: High up on the water side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Omni in Philadelphia two weeks ago with my wife and kids. We really enjoyed the location because there was so much to do around there ( walking tours, bus tours, museums, and restaurants). The staff was also pleasant, from the bellmen to the room service, everybody put on a smile and was willing to take the extra mile to please us. Adama, the doorman was very helpful, he gave us a tour of the hotel and gave us good recommendations for things to do. He helped with the luggage when we arrived, retrieved things we left in the car later and when the concierge was not there, he offered to make reservations and call for information for us. The rest of the staff was also very friendly. We will definitively come back this summer again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently spent a long weekend in Philadelphia, and the Omni was the perfect place to stay. Its location was ideal, putting us within easy walking distance of all the historic sites and great restaurants. Taking other reviewers' advice, we requested a quiet room, away from the elevator, on an upper floor, and they were happy to accommodate. Our room was spacious and immaculate, with a very comfortable bed. We joined the "Select Guest" program, which was free, and enjoyed a few of the perks that come with membership - complimentary bottled water, evening turndown, complimentary carafe of hot coffee delivered to our room every morning, in-room WiFi, etc. But the best part of our stay was the staff. Everyone was extremely helpful and aimed to please. In fact, the woman at the front desk, after realizing that my boyfriend and I were checking in on our shared birthday, surprised us with a chilled bottle of champagne, which was waiting for us in our room when we got back from dinner!! It doesn't get much better than that...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We only stayed for one night as a last minute getaway for my 4 year old last December during winter break. Children get a Camp Omni bag with milk and cookies when you want them delivered.
Location- conveniently located if you are looking to visit the historic sites.
Parking- you can valet or you can self park in the lot which is about right behind the hotel but it's a one way street so you need to go another block and come around. I didn't see much street parking available.
Restaurants- there are lines of bars, restaurants, and nice eating places within walking distance. My 4 year old didn't complain about the walk to end of the street near the water and back.
I didn't order room service so I'm not quite sure how the food is in the hotel.
Pool- it's a small pool, more like a lap pool, but big enough for a few families to play at the same time without feeling crowded. In the same area, there is a dry sauna- loved it!
Beds were comfy, nice view, and hotel was clean.

Room Tip: South facing rooms were facing the park I believe and it wasn't noisy either.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Omni recently and enjoyed every moment of our stay. Perhaps the best thing was the friendly and helpful attitude of all the staff we came across. I know Americans are known for the way they treat their guests but this was well above average. Excellent and comfortable room and a nice pool and gym which was great to use given the very cold and wet weather we encountered. Close to main attractions and restaurants so very few complaints. Minor niggles were the in-house prices - drinks expensive and $5 if you wanted an emergency toothbrush/paste! But generally we couldn't have chosen a better hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Pros- location close walk to historic sites and Mint. Nice decor. High quality thick towels and sheets. Every staff member encountered from the bellman to the pool attendant was super nice. Hot tub was nice. Cosi is across the street for a great quick breakfast.
Cons- these may be just individual issues, but they charged my credit card for valet parking when I had self-parked at the Bourse garage. They issued a credit to my card when I told them of the error, but I think they should have asked when I checked in if I had valet parked and avoided this error. Pool was small and cloudy when we got there at 7pm, but of course kids did not care, it was still a pool! Beds were not as supportive as I would have expected. Also, when checked in at 5pm, we were given a room right outside the elevator (literally walk out of elevator and open door to room)- so that meant noise, and when I asked to try and move to a quieter room they said they could not do anything, but they offered me ear plugs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Andy is the best doorman in the nation cuz the attention we receive was unique,chris concierge rocks!!!!!!! location of restaurants very close,recomendation for night life perfect.next year we will be back to omni .. we love to be treared as royalty .. on check out staff still energeric full attention and unique...WOW please dont change Andy from does door and nobody from ur entire from desk staff...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Omni Hotel at Independence Park? Share your experiences!