“Wedding Night at it's Finest!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Like a Local
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Wedding Night at it's Finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights during our wedding. From the front desk to our wedding manager it was a pleasant experience.

Pros:
- Lobby bar and lounge was fun and had a great ambiance.
- Beds in bridal suite was very comfortable and the view was spectacular overlooking city hall on one end and downtown on the other.
- Newly renovated showers with great water pressure and always hot.
- Great room service for breakfast.
- Customer service makes sure you and all your guests know all the information about the wedding even at outside venues, such as start times.
- Location is close to Panera Bread, Convention Center, and Reading Terminal
- Sabrina, our wedding manager, even surprised us with champagne, strawberries, and pillow covers with Mr. and Mrs. personalized to us. It was a wonderful surprise at the end an already great night!

Cons:
- Parking is on the pricier side ($40 a day), but cheaper options about a block away.

Room Tip: Top floor on end (wedding suite) has an unbelievable view of the city.
Green Features: Great, kind, and helpful staff. Sabrina the wedding manager was outstanding!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. Congratulations on your marriage. We are thrilled to have been part of your special event. We are happy you enjoyed the bar in our restaurant Bank & Bourbon, the beds in our newly renovated guestrooms and our convenient location. We are pleased that Sabrina made your wedding more memorable with the personalized pillow covers. We hope you will spend your anniversaries with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sean C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

A great hotel with 5 star service. From the valet to the desk ,to the chamberperson, everyone asked how we were, and if they could help us. Bank and Bourbon has great bartenders and wonderful cask aged Negronis. The beds were supremely comfortable, the rooms quiet, and the view of the city skyline was amazing. (We were on the 29th floor) We will stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our friendly team members and that they made your stay more enjoyable. We are also pleased you enjoyed our new restaurant Bank & Bourbon. We are also happy you enjoyed the view from your guestroom! We are looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We found Loews to be a great place to stay in Philadelphia, right in the heart of the city within walking distance to most places of interest & shopping (especially the Macy's building just along the street).
The service and in house hospitality was absolutely great, they really know how to look after people.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and your kind words about our service and hospitality. We pride ourselves on our fabulous team members and we are thrilled that they made your stay more enjoyable! We are pleased you enjoyed our central location, walking distance to great shopping, dining, historic sites and more! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My experience at Loews had big ups and downs. I loved the refurbished 1930s office building which offers a great location, sense of Philly's history, and large rooms with huge windows and high ceilings. The decor is contemporary and bright and white, which is a nice change from so much dark and dull hotel decor. So why not a 5? As seemed to be a bit of a pattern with fellow conference attendees, I started out in a less than adequate room. It looked fine on the surface but one bed had a couple of long dark hairs in it (same issue an earlier reviewer had - unwashed sheets or just bad laundry services?) and a big mysterious wet spot on the floor. The bed was extremely lumpy and the clean set of sheets they brought to change my bed at midnight were very low quality - thin and rough. The staff who came to my room and at the desk were all absolutely excellent and moved me to an upper floor the next day. I had a beautiful room with a lovely view of the William Tell tower, a great bed, good sheets, and a dry carpet. While I ended up extremely happy with my room, the first situation was a huge hassle as well as rather gross, and should NOT be happening in a hotel of this caliber. I might of passed it off as just a fluke but, despite my pointing out the spot and saying the carpet needed cleaning, they were trying to turn my first room over for another guest as I moved out...

Room Tip: Have a close look when checking in - quality and cleanliness seems to vary.
Green Features: None whatsoever that I could see (no recycling, towel saving etc.) - disappointing.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the architecture of our building and the blend of the historic with the modern amenities. We are so sorry that you had issues with your first guestroom, though I am pleased we were able to provide you a second one with a great view. We strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests and I am truly sorry that your first room had issues. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss this matter with you should you want to reach out to me directly. We hope you will give us another chance with a return stay.

Northern Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would like to say thanks to a couple of valet attendants, Mike Dewees and Tony. They really know the area well from best Philly cheese steak to what's going on in the city. I would advise anyone staying at the Loews Philadelphia to check with those two for information regarding the city. They knew where everything was at without having to look in a binder as the concierge needed to do.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and kind words about our valets Mike and Tony. We agree that they are great and we will share your review with them! Mike and Tony are part of our exceptional team who seek to make each guest feel special and to provide a uniquely local experience for those visiting Philadelphia. We are thrilled you enjoyed the best cheesesteak with their help and hope you will come back and visit again soon.

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great rooms, service & location, pricing is very fair & we're going back next week! Beautiful city or river views from all rooms, newly renovated, walking distance from everything! Walk 2 blocks to Philly's restaurant row on Sansom or 1 to Walnut or go the other way to Reading Terminal Market or Chinatown,. Days of entertainment steps away!v

Room Tip: Go for best available
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our great rooms, our service, location and great pricing. We are looking forward to hosting you again soon and look forward to being your new home away from home!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Loews Philadelphia is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and our request for a city view room was accommodated. We had a corner room on the 23rd floor and I'm not sure it was worth the extra price. The view was not that great. We had a clear view of Wm Penn atop city hall but we mostly noticed the air conditioners on the roof of the building next to the hotel. Overall the room was clean but a little dusty. I've noticed this in other loews hotels (Boston and Hollywood) and it's most likely attributed to the black surface area which shows every little speck. The bathroom was average. A comfortable size but nothing luxurious. The bed was very comfortable.
Drinks and light snack at the bar were very good and the bartender very nice.
Breakfast the next morning was disappointing. The waiter was inattentive. The table had not been set with napkins and tableware. I first noticed that I was missing a spoon to stir my coffee. The waiter delivered spoons after I requested them but he failed to notice that we had no utensils at all. I had to ask for those as well. He was also unaware of what the daily pastry selection was and took the easy way out by telling me what the rotating selections are but not what was specifically offered that day. Overall a good stay but as a Philly area resident I have to say that the Loews Philadelphia needs to step it up to be on par with other Loews hotels I've visited.

Room Tip: Upper floor (23rd) almost devoid of street noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We appreciate your review and your kind words about our staff. I am sorry you were disappointed with your view and your experience in our restaurant. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss these issues with you, should you wish to contact me directly. Our goal is to make every guest experience at the Loews Philadelphia a memorable one and it seems from your review that we failed to do so. I hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit in the future.

Sean C.

Been to Loews Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!