“KIWI'S on vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$100 Meal Credit
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia
“KIWI'S on vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We found Loews to be a great place to stay in Philadelphia, right in the heart of the city within walking distance to most places of interest & shopping (especially the Macy's building just along the street).
The service and in house hospitality was absolutely great, they really know how to look after people.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and your kind words about our service and hospitality. We pride ourselves on our fabulous team members and we are thrilled that they made your stay more enjoyable! We are pleased you enjoyed our central location, walking distance to great shopping, dining, historic sites and more! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Sean C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My experience at Loews had big ups and downs. I loved the refurbished 1930s office building which offers a great location, sense of Philly's history, and large rooms with huge windows and high ceilings. The decor is contemporary and bright and white, which is a nice change from so much dark and dull hotel decor. So why not a 5? As seemed to be a bit of a pattern with fellow conference attendees, I started out in a less than adequate room. It looked fine on the surface but one bed had a couple of long dark hairs in it (same issue an earlier reviewer had - unwashed sheets or just bad laundry services?) and a big mysterious wet spot on the floor. The bed was extremely lumpy and the clean set of sheets they brought to change my bed at midnight were very low quality - thin and rough. The staff who came to my room and at the desk were all absolutely excellent and moved me to an upper floor the next day. I had a beautiful room with a lovely view of the William Tell tower, a great bed, good sheets, and a dry carpet. While I ended up extremely happy with my room, the first situation was a huge hassle as well as rather gross, and should NOT be happening in a hotel of this caliber. I might of passed it off as just a fluke but, despite my pointing out the spot and saying the carpet needed cleaning, they were trying to turn my first room over for another guest as I moved out...

Room Tip: Have a close look when checking in - quality and cleanliness seems to vary.
Green Features: None whatsoever that I could see (no recycling, towel saving etc.) - disappointing.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the architecture of our building and the blend of the historic with the modern amenities. We are so sorry that you had issues with your first guestroom, though I am pleased we were able to provide you a second one with a great view. We strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests and I am truly sorry that your first room had issues. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss this matter with you should you want to reach out to me directly. We hope you will give us another chance with a return stay.

Northern Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would like to say thanks to a couple of valet attendants, Mike Dewees and Tony. They really know the area well from best Philly cheese steak to what's going on in the city. I would advise anyone staying at the Loews Philadelphia to check with those two for information regarding the city. They knew where everything was at without having to look in a binder as the concierge needed to do.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and kind words about our valets Mike and Tony. We agree that they are great and we will share your review with them! Mike and Tony are part of our exceptional team who seek to make each guest feel special and to provide a uniquely local experience for those visiting Philadelphia. We are thrilled you enjoyed the best cheesesteak with their help and hope you will come back and visit again soon.

EHT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great rooms, service & location, pricing is very fair & we're going back next week! Beautiful city or river views from all rooms, newly renovated, walking distance from everything! Walk 2 blocks to Philly's restaurant row on Sansom or 1 to Walnut or go the other way to Reading Terminal Market or Chinatown,. Days of entertainment steps away!v

Room Tip: Go for best available
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our great rooms, our service, location and great pricing. We are looking forward to hosting you again soon and look forward to being your new home away from home!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Loews Philadelphia is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and our request for a city view room was accommodated. We had a corner room on the 23rd floor and I'm not sure it was worth the extra price. The view was not that great. We had a clear view of Wm Penn atop city hall but we mostly noticed the air conditioners on the roof of the building next to the hotel. Overall the room was clean but a little dusty. I've noticed this in other loews hotels (Boston and Hollywood) and it's most likely attributed to the black surface area which shows every little speck. The bathroom was average. A comfortable size but nothing luxurious. The bed was very comfortable.
Drinks and light snack at the bar were very good and the bartender very nice.
Breakfast the next morning was disappointing. The waiter was inattentive. The table had not been set with napkins and tableware. I first noticed that I was missing a spoon to stir my coffee. The waiter delivered spoons after I requested them but he failed to notice that we had no utensils at all. I had to ask for those as well. He was also unaware of what the daily pastry selection was and took the easy way out by telling me what the rotating selections are but not what was specifically offered that day. Overall a good stay but as a Philly area resident I have to say that the Loews Philadelphia needs to step it up to be on par with other Loews hotels I've visited.

Room Tip: Upper floor (23rd) almost devoid of street noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We appreciate your review and your kind words about our staff. I am sorry you were disappointed with your view and your experience in our restaurant. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss these issues with you, should you wish to contact me directly. Our goal is to make every guest experience at the Loews Philadelphia a memorable one and it seems from your review that we failed to do so. I hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited the Loews for a conference. It is very well located, closed to the convention center and walking distance from plenty of restaurants and attractions. The lobby is nicely decorated, and my room was spacious and pleasant. The gym is very good as well. There is not much to fault to the facilities, particularly at the conference price. However, I found the service lacking. First, they could not locate my reservation at check in, and luckily they were able to find me a nice room . It turns out that the original reservation was there initially and I had been charged for no show (which they did remove at check out). The concierge booked an airport pick up that did not show up. The front desk called me at 10.30 pm one night (and woke me up) to mention something minor. The wifi was a disaster, very slow and unstable. It made it very difficult to work, which is a problem during a business trip. And, finally, the service at the restaurant is sorely lacking. Although the quality of the breakfast food is decent, it should not take 45 minutes to have a simple breakfast. Every request seemed to require several attempts for it to be fulfilled (however minor). The hotel staff were not unpleasant, but they definitely need a better organization to provide a reasonable level of service, particularly for those trying to get some work done.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our convenient location, newly renovated spaced and our fitness center. I apologize for any issues you had at check in. We strive to make every stay a memorable one and I am sorry that we did not accomplish that during your visit. I hope you will afford us another opportunity with a return visit. Should you wish to discuss any of the issues you had while on site, please contact me directly.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Loews Philadelphia Hotel is one of my favorite hotels in Philadelphia. I love the location, and the simple sophistication of the property. The attentive staff and the hotel’s YouFirst loyalty program’s perks also make this a top choice for me. The updated rooms still feature a comfortable bed, and a very clean and hip style. The remodeled lobby and new bar/restaurant are both really stylish. The bar/restaurant offers some great cocktails and food items. In my opinion, the hotel was getting dated, but very happy that the property has successfully executed these renovations; making the property competitive in price, quality and service to the newer boutique hotels being built in the city. Give this hotel a try, you won’t be disappointed. Tip if you valet park your call: Sometimes the valet parking at the hotel gets backed up on weekends, I definitely would suggest calling down for your car about 30 minutes prior to your schedule check-out/departure.

Room Tip: Corner rooms usually have beautiful views of the city, because of their wrap-around windows.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and for your glowing review. We are thrilled to be one of your favorite hotels in Philadelphia and we are so happy you enjoy our location, our attentive and friendly team members and our newly renovated guestrooms and lobby. We are happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy our new restaurant Bank & Bourbon and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Sean C.

Been to Loews Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!