“Decent Choice Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverside, CA
“Decent Choice Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on business the first week of October. It is very close to the Convention Center, Reading Terminal Market, City Hall and the Market East subway terminal.
We've stayed at other Loews properties and this hotel isn't quite as luxurious as the others we've stayed at. Given this was once an office building, the transformation to hotel is impressive.
Check in was quick and courteous. The room layout was a bit odd. The furnishings are modern. The room was clean, simple and had everything you'd need. Our view from the 10th floor was okay, nothing special. The room was a bit noisy due to the traffic on the street. The elevators were effective, not having to wait long. The housekeeping staff were quick and did a great job. The bed was a bit firm for us, but that is just our preference. It would have been nice to have a fridge that we could use. It had a honor fridge which was somewhat useless. The room had a coffee maker. Ice machines are located on very other floor...of course not on ours. Staff was pleasant and willing to help.
The location is central to everything downtown. We used the subway from the airport. The Market East station is just across the street. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant or use room service.
Would we stay here again? Possibly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are glad our team members helped to make your experience memorable. Unfortunately, we cannot block out the city noise but have rooms starting on the sixth floor to try and help. For meetings, public transportation, the convention center and other restaurants are definitely in close proximity. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I must tell you of the most incredible experience that I had while staying at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia.
Once I landed in Philadelphia, I came down with the flu. The first day was so severe (nausea/vomiting, fever/chills, abdominal pain/cramping), I went back to my hotel room by mid-morning to lie down. At 10:30 am, Shakia Pleasanti, my housekeeper knocked on my door and asked if she could clean my room. I told her that it wasn’t necessary and that I was feeling ill and went back to bed. She said she wanted to change my towels and tidy the room up a bit…so I let her in. I fell asleep until ~3:30 pm when I heard another knock on my door only to find a gentleman standing in front of me with a food tray. On the tray was a bowl of chicken noodle soup, plus a cup of hot chamomile tea with lemon and honey (see attached photo). On the tray was this note from the housekeeper (see attached photo). I cried…for it was the sweetest thing that anyone could have done for me in that moment in time.

It’s amazing to me how thoughtful and kind some people can be. Life is sweet and it’s the people in it that make all the difference in the world! This random act of kindness will forever be in my heart. I will always be grateful to her and will remember my time in Philadelphia…especially at the Lowe’s Hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry to hear you came down with the flu, but it looks like the team took great care of you. We want all of our guests to feel like they are part of the “phamily”. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
Millbrae, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was welcomed by the doorman, by my name. I was greeted warmly by the front desk. When I worked out at the very nice facility, one of the trainers, graciously provided some advice. The conceige was attentive and accurate with local information. Room service was fast and friendly.

I wish I could have stayed longer. What a great property!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We want all of our guests to feel like you are at your home away from home and part of the “phamily”. We truly have amazing team memebers. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
West Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at this fantastic hotel for two nights to attend a family wedding. We were immediately greeted by staff who were pleasant and could not do enough for us. Check in was quick and the room was modern looking and very clean. We had a great view and were located close to a wonderful market place and restaurants. The hotel had a great restaurant/bar where the family was able to meet and relax. I can't say enough about the staff especially Kevin, one of the bellman, who was very pleasant and made our stay there fun. Our only complaint was the cost of the hotel parking which we were unaware as the sign is barely visible upon your arrival into the garage.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our team members really help make the experience which adds to the beauty of this historic building. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a nice hotel located right in the heart of every thing. If you are looking for nightlife this hotel is close to bars, theaters and restaurants.

Only complaint not sure if only in my room. The air condition vent is located right across from the bed. There is a cold draft blowing right on you the entire time. Other than that the hotel is great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights after taking the Amtrak train from NYC. Hotel is only a couple of stops from 30th Station on the local metro. Found the room to be very clean and comfortable. There is free wi-fi in the lobby and a well organized fitness center and lap pool. The hotel is centrally located - close to Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. South Street is only a few minutes away by bus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Beautifully maintained and updated art deco hotel. My room was spacious and beautifully decorated with a fabulous view of the city. Incredibly comfortable beds with upscale linens. Everything was clean and spotless. Hotel staff and Parking Attendants were friendly and very helpful. Also enjoyed the concierge floor continental breakfast included with my room charge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Loews Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!