“Great location, wonderful service, room above average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Durham USA
“Great location, wonderful service, room above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I attended a conference in Philadelphia and stayed at the Loews located on Market Street. From the moment I arrived, I was impressed by the service from EVERYONE -- bell captain, font desk, concierge team. They called me by name once they learned it, maintained a professional demeanor throughout and worked to ensure that I was completely satisfied. I haven't had service like this from a hotel in a LONG time.

The room (deluxe double) was above average -- comfortable bed, nice desk, good wireless signal, very nice bathroom and storage space. No complaints here.

I didn't do room service, but did eat several meals in the restaurant (currently named Sole Food). Dinner was terrific!!! Breakfast was pretty good as well. A bit pricey, but the food really was marvelous and the service was great too. You are just one block away from the Reading Terminal Market which has TONS of great lunch options.

I would recommend the Loews to anyone who is staying in downtown Philly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor. Our goal each day is to provide exceptional service and quality product to our guests. Recognizing our team members means a lot as they genuinely make every effort to ensure great customer service each day. We look forward to you visiting again with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rooms are very nice but much too expensive.They are bright and clean. However in dealing with several people at the front desk, including one female manager, was what I would classify as very poor. Also when we requested needed in room service to open the safe we had to call twice and total time was over 45 mins. If you use the Solo Bar be very very very careful of the tall cocktail tables because they are not very secure and will fall over onto you. Our next trip we will go back across the street to the Marriott.

Room Tip: They seem to have a limited amount of rooms with 2 double beds so be prepared. We booked 3 months in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor. Our goal each day is to provide exceptional service and quality product to each guest staying with us. We apologize if we did not provide a truly memorable experience and ask that if you would like to discuss at greater length, please contact us at your convenience. We have just completed a $14 Million dollar renovation in our guest rooms and learning more regarding your challenges will only help us achieve the levels of service needed to support those recent efforts. Thank you again for your time.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I believe the location is the best in Philadelphia bar none.

The rooms are pricey but on the other hand you tend to get what you pay for. If you can get this hotel at a good discount from the rack rate I recommend it highly. On a previous trip I was spontaneously upgraded by the front desk clerk to the club level. That was outrageously good, but not what i am reviewing here.

I have stayed here a number of times now, and I feel that the sleep quality and room quality does vary quite a bit from room to room. Try to get a good room.

Service is excellent. Perhaps even too excellent for somebody like me who doesn't expect to be waited upon everywhere.

We had a dinner at the restaurant "Sole Food" in the hotel. It was good quality food. If you want a meal without leaving the hotel it is good... but I believe there are better options close by in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was my second stay at the Loews Philadelphia hotel. The hotel is quite beautiful and the views from outside the hotel room at night are nice. It is located across from the PA Convention Center. I found that my stay in the hotel was quiet, nice, and that the bed was comfortable.

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I also found getting a taxi to be very easy (the staff was very helpful in facilitating that). I had to take a taxi back to the airport around 5PM and it only took about 20 minutes to get there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had a “Good Stay” with us and found our rooms to be nice and quiet with a beautiful view. Our location is one of the best in the city and a taxi is always accessible to take you to your desired location. Thank you again and we cant wait to welcome you back.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked a reservation thru expedia and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is very clean and modern. The lobby, restaurant, and rooms are very tidy. I LOVED my guest room - super clean, big, large and comfy bed. I will stay here everytime I travel to Philly.
The location is also fantastic, close to the train station, Reading Terminal Market and excellent restaurants.

My only complaint is the noise.....There was a girls school group staying in the room next door to us ( I know this because they were SO SO loud) and put up with them slamming their doors every minute and talking extremely loud for hours, early in the morning. The walls are very thin and you can hear every door slam, which was annoying but the hotel was so nice, i was able to ignore the noise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post. We are so happy that you got a chance to come stay with us recently and that you found everything to be so enjoyable; from your very clean room to our fantastic location. We are sorry to hear about the noises coming through the walls. We will be addressing this situation with of Director of Security as well as our Director of Engineering. Thank you again and we look forward to your future visit.

Sean Clancy
Western Galilee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My first stay at a Loews premises and absolutely loved it. Perfectly located and walking distance from everything worth visiting in Philly, i was particularly astounded by the ample room size, amenities and overall quality. Around a thousand restaurants, bars and cafes within a couple of blocks and next to the fabulous Reading market - a must see. Service and staff was top range and i would easily recommend this place to any visitor to Philly.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review and giving Loews Philadelphia an opportunity to host your stay. Perfection is what we strive for when we encounter every guest and our location is an extra bonus. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.
S Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Only Stayed one night at the group rate of $245 + a meaty $37.24 in taxes. Only booked in because the local Marriotts were full.

The over talkative doorman informed me that the hotel had undergone a complete refurb since my last visit. Check-in efficient. Room fine. Decent standard of everything. Didn't use the wifi at ~$13 +tax per 24 hours but the free wifi in the lobby worked well.

Decent gym but a bit dark for my liking. Didn't use the hotel for anything else as it's in the center of Philly and there are plenty of eating/drinking options.

Moved out to the Marriott Courtyard at first opportunity which saved me ~$75 per night - more if you include the free wifi at the Courtyard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business