“Friendly staff, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rowayton, Connecticut
“Friendly staff, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a Friday night. The staff could not have been nicer and more welcoming. They were very attentive and helpful. The location is great. You are a short walk to the liberty bell and a short walk to rittenhouse square. The hotel also was a very quick drive to the sports complex center (next time I will take a taxi to the game). There are plenty of restaurants to walk to and enjoy.

Also, The welcoming of our dog was great. We do not have a lap dog, we have a 120+ pound dog and he was welcomed with a gift bag and got plenty of pets and treats every time we went out. Also, rittenhouse square was a nice walk and had plenty of dogs to play with for our dog.

They informed us that the hotel is getting a renovation. It is not bad now (it's clean, just darker decorating), but once the update is finished, it will make the hotel that much better. The bathroom was very clean.

I recommend this hotel. I will be returning again in March.

• Stayed January 2013
Rick_Staub, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your awesome review! We are delighted to hear that our staff was very welcoming to you and your guest. We are also proud to be a pet friendly hotel. “Loews Loves Pets” is one of our mottos we live by and our four legged family members are always welcome. We can’t wait to welcome you back after our renovations so you can see all of our wonderful upgrades

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Allentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Walking into the hotel for the second time has brought back all of the good memories of this awesome hotel. My friends and I booked a Luxury Corner room with a view. We got the 20th floor which provided ample views of North and North East Philly and some of New Jersey.
The elevator system is really helpful and gets individuals up the room in less than 30 depending on which floor your booked on. Their was a line on a thursday afternoon, we got there around 4pm with two other families in-front of us, and the front desk receptionists looked like they were trying really hard at getting people to their rooms. When we got to our receptionist, greeted us with a smile, was friendly and polite. He sent us on our way to our room.
We went up to the room to realize that it was the same room as last year but a couple of floors below. Our room was exactly the same and it seemed to look a little cleaner than before and the only difference was that the room didn't have an iHome which was fine. Not bad, considering it has been a year since we were there last time. The rooms could have a bit of remodeling done (just the tv and maybe furniture and beds). Thats being really nit-picky.
I would like to compliment an employee named "Jamie" who happened to be the concierge at the time when we went around the hotel to search for things to do in the city. She was extremely helpful and very friendly and actually seemed like she wanted help us out. Having good and bad experiences at every hotel, she stood out. She knew her material of the city, and was quick about explaining where the location was.
My favorite part of this hotel is the spa and pool area. This is the reason that makes this my favorite hotel that I have stayed at. After a long day of walking around the city site-seeing, or on a business trip one can relax at the steam room/ sauna room. The pool is also a nice place to relax when their aren't children in the pool. Still had a lot of chlorine in the pool, that is expected. One thing that I learned from another guest was that their was 3 weddings when we were at the hotel, the hotel was very quite and wouldn't have known that until the guest told me that.
Overall, this is still my favorite hotel for the staff, room, spa, and pool. Thanks for making my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Book a corner room on one of the higher floors preferably above 20th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Had to write this review while I am still here. I am so pleased!! The service is excellent! Restaurant is great!! Room service was prompt as promised!! Staff was very attentive and friendly from the second I entered the door. Need I say more?? :-)

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wow, we loved reading your post, and are thrilled to see that your overall stay was excellent; from Solefood Restaurant to the prompt service that Room Service provided. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

his review is for Breathe Spa, we were not guests of the hotel but our minimal contact with hotel staff was positive. Apparently the spa is a separate entity - I think Loews needs to consider partnering with a different entity!

My sister and I went to Breathe yesterday excited to relax and enjoy the workout area, pool and get massages after surviving a few, very exhausting months. From the moment we walked in, the place had a weird vibe. The front desk attendant and the locker room attendant argued in front of us and then the locker room attendant grumpily took us to the locker room and mumbled a few instructions. We rolled eyes at each other, but moved on to enjoying our day.

The gym equipment and the pool were fine. We each had a massage that we found relaxing and enjoyable.

The problem comes in when we went to pay. The $40 in cash I had and $30 of cash my sister had to be able to tip were both gone from our wallets. Our wallets had been locked up in the lockers with our stinky workout clothes and wet bathing suits. The lockers had a confusing combination lock that weren't well explained by the grumpy attendant, but we kept it locked the entire time and always checked after opening and closing them.

We noticed that there were a lot of employees and other people using the lockers and the locker room which was odd, but which we had dismissed. Now I'm wondering if we should have paid more attention to the "Don't leave valuables in the lockers" signs and the overall oddness that we were in the employee locker room, not a spa changing area.

Upon leaving and noticing our missing cash, the male front desk attendant didn't acknowledge the loss or my not so vague accusations about grumpy locker room attendant being the culprit - or at least in on the scam. Luckily for my massage therapist, they accepted my credit card for the tip even though we had used a Travel Zoo voucher.

Sad that our nice day at a somewhat odd spa ended so negatively.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I have been informed that Breathe Spa Management team has been in contact with you to review the situation. However, I would like to discuss the details of your stay with you to investigate and ensure that this is not the experience of any other guests. If you could contact me directly at your earliest convenience I would be happy to discuss.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel NYE and even as busy as it was the staff was very helpful and attentive. Our room was clean and modern and had an incredible view of the city. We had a great time and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor facing market street gives you views of the city north and the river to the r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the Loews Philadelphia. New Years is one of our busiest times during the year and we are happy to hear that are staff of service professionals was still able to be helpful and attentive to you. Thank you for bringing in your New Year in with our Loews family. We look forward to your visit in the future.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night. The location was great with it being close to Reading Terminal Market, public transportation, and only about a five block walk to the historical landmarks (Liberty Bell, et al.). The rooms have a lot of windows and we got a high floor, so we had a great view of the downtown skyline. The only drawback was you had to pay for wifi.

We got a deal through Travelzoo making the rate reasonable, so that's why we stayed here. For the regular rate, however, we'd probably shop around. But overall it was a nice hotel in a great location making it easy to explore Philadelphia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick_Staub, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your post on your recent visit to Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are delighted that you found our hotel to be in a great location to explore the city of Philadelphia at a competitive price point. We look forward to accommodating your needs in the future and will continue to evaluate the overall value for price our guests received. Thank you again for the insight to your experience..
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was in Philly for just one night, which happened to be New Year's Eve. I was there to visit my son and his girlfriend. I liked the hotel very much, it met all of my expectations. I was especially pleased with the staff, The concierge, Ashley, was incredibly helpful in finding us a place to eat (my son's girlfriend is a vegetarian, and after all, it was New Years Eve) and was so enthusiastic and friendly in helping us. She found us a great vegetarian place a 10-minute walk from the hotel. It made for a very happy New Year's Eve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rick_Staub, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Wow! What a great review. We are so pleased that you and your family decided to spend New Years Eve with us. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff as well as Ashley on her “incredible and helpful” service. We are delighted you liked the vegetarian restaurant. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit