“Good hotel, great concierge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Good hotel, great concierge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was in Philly for just one night, which happened to be New Year's Eve. I was there to visit my son and his girlfriend. I liked the hotel very much, it met all of my expectations. I was especially pleased with the staff, The concierge, Ashley, was incredibly helpful in finding us a place to eat (my son's girlfriend is a vegetarian, and after all, it was New Years Eve) and was so enthusiastic and friendly in helping us. She found us a great vegetarian place a 10-minute walk from the hotel. It made for a very happy New Year's Eve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rick_Staub, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Wow! What a great review. We are so pleased that you and your family decided to spend New Years Eve with us. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff as well as Ashley on her “incredible and helpful” service. We are delighted you liked the vegetarian restaurant. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment our bags where taken when we walked in to the moment we checked out the stay was great. Service was even better (can't say enough about Willie). Only thing that would make it better would be better WIFI access in the building.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rick_Staub, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
We were thrilled to see you enjoy your recent stay. Service is our number one priority and we will make sure we share your post with our team. Willie will be very excited to hear that his assistance did not go unnoticed. We look forward to your visit in the future and please take advantage of our complimentary WIFI in the Lobby, Solefood Restaurant, and the Breathe Spa.
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days over the holidays. The room was fine. A solid 4 star, no better than the Marriott across the street, which is strange because the room charges are typically 25% higher than most other 4 star hotels. I would probably not stay here again unless the rates dropped lower than its competitors. Seriously, for the same price I could stay at the westin.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rick_Staub, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience and apologize that you found your stay to be just average. All of your comments are taken seriously - including the prices of our rooms. We will be sure to share your comments with our management team. We hope to see you back again in the near future to see our new room renovations, which should be completed by the end of the 2nd Quarter of 2013.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I enjoyed the 3 night holiday weekend stay recently. It was a decent promotion price, the hotel is in good city center location. Very friendly desk and hotel staff overall. We had no problem with requests for forgotten toothbrush, extra coffee, room service... Room was nice overall. Bathroom was not lux but good size. Nice to have an empty fridge for our own stuff instead of minibar. The fitness center and lap pool were nice places, although I was lucky to use pool without crowd.

The lesser points: Thought the bed was a bit soft. Consider switching from Emeril coffee pods to something else. I find it too strong, bitter. The lobby was long, narrow, not enough room for lounging place to wait for friends, etc.. It gets claustrophobic there at check out times. The restaurant bar Sole looks busy and nice but we had plans elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
We are pleased that you were satisfied with your overall stay; from our price promotions, our friendly staff, to the lap pool. Loews Philadelphia strives on providing the best of service to all of our guest. We do hope you will come back to see our new enhancements. Our renovation should be completed by the end of the 2nd Quarter of 2013.
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Needed some quiet time after Christmas and prior to NYE, destination Philadelphia and my home there, The Loews Hotel!
Great location, incredible associates, love seeing the same faces time after time, they know just how to take care of me.
Great service and vibe, just what I needed again!

Room Tip: Corner king rooms let you enjoy the city view, in from the cold
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear we could give you the much deserved rest and relaxation during the holidays. Guest loyalty is paramount to Loews Hotels and we would love to enroll you into our frequent guest program, YouFirst. Our program offers unique benefits to our repeat guests and we want you to be able to take advantage of them as soon as possible. Enrollment is very easy and you can do so online or by calling our Front Desk. We cannot wait to welcome you back!
Philly PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband took me to Philadelphia to celebarte out 30th wedding anniversary. We wanted to get away but stay close to home - and wanted to opportunity to see Philadelphia as a tourist. The hotel was okay. I know it is an old building but it still needs some updating. Our room had water stains on the ceiling and walls - which made me feel that there was mold learking behind the walls. The heating in our room did not work well so we were cold and uncomfortable thru the evening. The view from our room was great! For the money you pay to stay here I would expect top class services. I was recently at the Four Seasons - I paid less - and there was nothing I wanted for. Here at the Lowes - I called for extra pillows and a sewing kit - it took 10 hours to get them. I also called the desk for restraunt recommendations and I was surprised by the lack of area knowledge that the staff had. When sharing with the front desk check in that it was our 30th anniversary and we were looking forward to our weekend - the gentleman said "okay". What the heck is that....on my 25th anniversary we went away and the hotel up graded us and offered to buy us drinks at dinner. The Loews personnel didnt even seem to be happy that we were celebarting our anniversay at their establishment. Not sure if I would pay all that money to go back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience with us. We are honored that you decided to spend your 30th Wedding (Pearl) Anniversary with us. We do recognize that it is a monumental event in a marriage. I am very disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your experience with our leadership team and feel assured that distinct measures will be taken to deter any future reoccurrences of this nature. Loews Philadelphia is undergoing a major renovation and should be completed by the end of the 2nd quarter of 2013. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back after our renovation
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband checked in here as I was attending (and staying @ the Downtown Marriott) a conference across the street.The space was home to a historic savings bank, PSFS. There is still a nostalgic vault in the lobby. The rooms were very sleek, modern. My husband enjoyed the workout facilities. At the end of my conference I spent 2 nights. The Sole restaurant/bar is great to enjoy high energy club music. We had a ball!
Good location.
Great staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room with a panoramic city view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the Loews Philadelphia Hotel for your recent visit. A lot of our guests enjoy the ambiance and the great energy that Solefood Restaurant provides. They also express their interest in the building’s history. As a property on the historical register we make every effort to maintain many of the buildings original designs and décor. We do hope to welcome you back soon to see the results of our major renovation. This should be completed by the end of the 2nd quarter of 2013. Again, thank you for choosing Loews Hotels.