“Comfortable, clean, nice location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loews Philadelphia Hotel

You added Loews Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Loews Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Weston, Florida
“Comfortable, clean, nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

In Philly for a couple of days. Stayed with family at Loews. Nice. Comfortable. Big rooms. Clean. great staff. Nice restaurant/bar. Great access to all things, Philly--including Reading Market, the Bell, etc.. Also--hit 13th Street for restaurants. Really cool part of town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and thank you for choosing the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. And for the “In the Know” tip about the great restaurants in the neighborhood.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great stay. Excellent service. Kind and friendly to all of my offspring --- teens and dogs! Not easy. As dogs are ...... Well, dogs. And teens are .... Well, teens. Both - pampered and tolerated. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Denise L
Thank you for choosing the Loews Philadelphia for your recent visit. We are so pleased that you and the dogs and the teens felt so pampered.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Loews for a wedding. We had stayed here many years ago and was not impressed, so I was very skeptical, but since this was where the wedding was being held we opted to take a room here. This stay was very nice and changed my opinion of this hotel. Parking in the garage was easy and quick. Because of the location, you really dont need to move it once you park. Check-in was easy and we were on our way to our room. We had a high floor (23) and a nice view of the city. The room was a nice size and so was the bathroom. The room was very clean! The bed was soft and comfortable. There wasnt many down sides to Our stay, just a few: the windows were so dirty (outside) that it was difficult to see out, the water pressure could have been better and the in room water was $5.50 a bottle!
Overall this is a really nice hotel in a very good location in the city.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting your review, we are happy to hear your opinion has changed. We hope to see you back with us in the not too distant future.
Parsippany, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the first hotel my girlfriend and I stayed that that all of the employees greeted you and told you to have a nice day even if they were just stepping out of an elevator. It was also the first hotel that the bell hop gave a small tour of the hotel while bringing us up to our room. I was extremely satisfied with our stay. However after checking out the menu prices at Sole Food the prices were exorbitant which is why we didn't eat there. If we did come back we would definitely stay here again. The price is a little high though. One of the most expensive hotels we've stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Loews Philadelphia and for this great review. We take great pride in our employees and their attention to the needs of our guests. We hope to see you soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a good business hotel. If I were visiting Philadelphia with my own money I wouldn't shell out the $200/night for this location. You are in walking distance to many attractions, and I never felt unsafe, I just expected a cleaner downtown from a major US city.

The staff at Loews was very polite and professional. The rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable. Free K-cups in room was very nice. I was put off by the $5/bottle Fiji water next to the coffee maker; I don't like the idea of being charged for something in my room. Nice city views from the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so pleased you found our staff so polite and professional and we appreciate your time in completing this review. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our management team. Thank you for your visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I read the reviews and I must say YES the hotel is in need of a little face lift. However, it has great bones! The lay out of the hotel is funky and fun. The lighting reminds me of the "W" without the pretense. Hey I am a soccer mom I don't see myself as one of the "cool kids". the staff is really nice. Kim in the concierge room was homey and very helpful. The bellman/doorman made me smile even after a 3 hour delay and a grumbly stomach. The check in was quick and painless. The elevators were fast. The hotel restaurant "sole" was fast, hot and yummy. My favorite part was the host who politely told another guest that "I'll be right with you" when she marched up and demanded his attention while I was standing there waiting to be seated. Hey, it is exciting when a wall flower gets treated well. I have high status at Marriott and Hilton but when in Philly I will be back at Loews. Thank you all for making my business trip away from my family as painless as possible. (bellman/doorman sorry I couldn't remember your name....you know who you are and I am sure your manager does as well!!!!) The "girl" with the smile. I cannot tell you the last time anyone THOUGHT I was a girl.

Room Tip: the views are pretty good.