We stayed one night over Memorial Weekend at the Wyndham. Its a simple, yet nice clean hotel located close to the historic sights.
It is located next to the Benjamin Franklin's grave, across the street is the Franklin Statue, and another block over is the Betsy Ross House. A short walk after that is the
Elfreth Alley. If you walk south one block towards Market St, you will see numerous restaurants including the very busy Sonny's steaks, Campo's (steaks), ice cream parlor (Franklin Fountain), and on Front St (Spasso Italian). The hotel is also close to the Independence Mall on the other side as well. This is one of the best locations you can find.
The hotel has a pool on the roof, which we didn't use. We ate a buffet breakfast in the morning - the prices were fine ($7 for kids, $16 for adult) - although minimal selection, but fine to get you going. What else -there isn't much else, but we didn't do anything except sleep and get a quick rest. The WiFi is also included (free) unlike other places.
There is a parking garage next to the hotel that is used for parking your car. You can park as early as you arrive in the morning of your checkin, and can drive out/in as many times using the ticket you received initially upon entering the garage. I was told that you have use of the garage until 5pm of the day of our checkout.
The only cons I can think of are:
- Fire station was quiet during our stay but I can envision trucks' sirens going off potentially during one's stay .... if windows facing Arch St/4th st.
- No Safe in rooms
If we return to Philly, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the nation's most historic square mile! In the heart of downtown Philadelphia Old City, 8 miles away from the international PHL airport, the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District offers the best in Philadelphia accommodations! We are only 5 minutes' walk to the major historic attractions: Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, National Constitution Center and Betsy Ross House. Walk or take a short subway ride to Pennsylvania Convention Center.Visiting Thomas Jefferson hospital or Pennsylvania hospital? Reserve a room at the smoke free Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District in a safe neighborhood with 40 restaurants. Government offices within walking distance to the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District include US Federal Court House, IRS, US Attorneys office, Department of Labor, FPS, Social Security Administration, FRB, Department of Justice and DEA.The Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District offers free WiFi and is conveniently located about 2 miles from Art Museum and Franklin Institute featuring Star Trek and Galileo the Medici and the Age of Astronomy exhibits. With short drive to Aquarium, New Jersey Battleship and Zoo, families will appreciate the central location of the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District in Philly, Pennsylvania. If Market Street, Gallery shopping mall, and South Street shops haven't wore you out yet, King of Prussia Mall is only 30 min. drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Philadelphia Historic District
- Philadelphia Holiday Inn