“It was better than most” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District

You added Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District to your Saves list
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Smithtown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

WiFi stunk! Couldn't access e.mail as the wifi signal was far too weak. Air conditioning stunk! Could not adjust the temp in the room. Noise from outside was far too loud.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for one night, and would have been happy to say longer. it was a bright and welcoming hotel, where everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful. Our room was large and comfortable, with a splendid view - albeit of a graveyard!
It is wonderfully situated for visiting the many historical sights of the city. we made the most of out limited time in Philadelphia to see as much of the city as possible, so didn't have the chance to see or use too many of the hotel's facilities. What we did experience was impressive, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were stuck in Philly last weekend due to flight cancellation and we paid a ver high price for a very below average and dirty hotel. The shower had hair and mildew/mold all over the walls. Food was way below average for a city like Philadelphia. We tried to order a movie but the service was not working.
Very disappointing after staying at Hyatt Bellevue for 3 nights.
No comparison.

Shrev
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were on a 2 week roadtrip & spent 4 nites at this hotel which was the most costly of them all. For $36/day you get to park your own car in the garage next door that's not even connected to the hotel. No concierge service. I asked the young man at the Desk about restaurants & he shoved a paper at me with a list & walked off before I could ask him a question. Bell man service was spotty. If you are checking in around 7pm-forget it. They push their restaurant which only has OK food; breakfast for $16/person was the best. My husband said at that price; it should be. Dinner consisted of sandwiches & hamburgers. Eat at the many restaurants on Race St. or Market & you'll be happier. Or do like we will do, forget this place & stay some place else where the service matches the price. Also I want to add, our room faced a rooftop a few floors down & the cemetery beyond, so where was the loud yelling coming from at 10pm?? We are baffled.

Room Tip: I am totally baffled-street on one side; rooftop & cemetery on other.
Alton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Let Me 1st However Say
1. Nicest hotel staff, ever (and as you know I am no stranger to hotels (around the World).

2. I would give the hotel 3.5 out of 5 and will DEFINITELY stay there again.

3. Great location. Right next door to the Betsy Ross House and the U.S. Mint.

4. Room & public areas bright, white and airy. Very welcoming. [Plaster work, in the room, around the outlets, must have been done by the frustrated Orangutan from the zoo.]

5. There was quite the ruckus at the “Coin’s” restaurant when we had dinner there on Saturday night and we ended up with a FREE dinner — as did the three ladies at the table next to us! Our bill was in excess of $60.

As I have mentioned before, Deanna and the kids are HUGE fans of Anthony Melchiorri and “Hotel Impossible” (and that was even before Anthony and I started Tweeting each other). I am not sure exactly how many episodes we have watched but it has to be upwards of 30. So the kids know Anthony’s drill by heart.

Deanna didn’t come with us on this trip because of her bad back. IF she had been there she would have checked the beds for bed bugs even before I had the chance to put the bags down. In the absence of Mum Teischan, 9 years old, decided that she was going to play Anthony.

Within seconds she discovered a white stain on the pillowcase on one of the pillows. While Anthony would go within inches of trying to make sure that you knew EXACTLY what caused the stain I will spare the details and leave it to your imagination. It was white. Teischan and Devanee were both immediately grossed out (in much the same way when Deanna found a used female thong at the Cromwell Harbor Motel, Bar Harbor, Maine (Acadia). Teischan was beside herself. I told her to call up reception. She was too shy/scared. But when we went down for dinner, she marched up to the reception (making sure that Dad was behind her) and told them about the stain. To their credit they sent up a brand new pillow, still in its plastic, and a fresh pillow cover, within minutes of us getting back to the room — after our free dinner.

Teischan stood up on the bed and ran her fingers over the top of the tall bed backrest and found DUST galore. Anthony would have approved of how she did it — sans white gloves. She was NOT impressed.

Now the absolute kicker.
On Sunday evening she found a Kindle Paperwhite, in a pink case, under the bedside table. It was just lying on the floor, not that far in.

That was NOT good.
How could Housekeeping miss a Kindle lying

West Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First let me start by listing the pros of this hotel. (1) Location is good; (2) Rate that I got was reasonable, compared to other hotels in this area; (3) Room size is OK, bed is comfortable. Since it is rated as a 3.5 star hotel, I did not expect a lot. Front desk staff did a decent job in checking me in and out. Well, here is the lesson that I learned. On the second morning, I found myself late for a meeting downtown so I left the room in a hurry without leaving tips (that was purely unintentional). I did not realize that until I reached the conference center. When I got back, I found the dirty towels on the bathroom floor were gone but there was no clean towel on the shelf. I thought the housekeeper might simply forget to do so. That assumption soon proved to be wrong when I found no complimentary water on the nightstand either (there should be two small bottles each day). I could not believe the housekeeper would retaliate me by doing such low things.

A piece of advice for other travelers: please never forget to leave tips if you were to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District? Share your experiences!