“Great location ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District

You added Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District to your Saves list
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Sea Girt, New Jersey
“Great location ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel is in an ideal location. Surrounded by terrific restaurants and historical sites. Lobby is comfortable. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Everyone who works here seems extremely pleasant- especially Cat from housekeeping! Cat couldn't do enough for us - she was a breath of fresh air :) and I was very appreciative of the late checkout.
Only negatives: beds were too soft and therefore not terribly comfortable, air conditioner was way to loud, and the view out of our window was of a brick wall (if you tilted your head enough to the left, you could see a view, but not a good one). I'd stay here again though, because of the friendly staff and great location.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here while visiting colleges. Clean, nice, good location and couldn't beat the price. Convenient to have park garage so close and it was easy to walk to restaurants etc. Would definitely recommend

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I wanted to stay in a central location to do a bit of sightseeing in the morning before my flight, after a week of work nearby. Wyndham was a compromise of location and price, and location was spot on.

I arrive around 6pm on a Thursday and was checked in quickly. The parking garage is next door but isn't actually attached, so it's good to unload the car and then park it. There are, however, elevators in the garage so it's no big deal. Parking is $36/nt with tax, which is par for the course in this area from what I found.

The room itself was basic - a small bathroom, comfortable bed, decent TV. WiFi was free but I never used it. The a/c was loud, and the walls/doors were kinda thin. The whole hotel, aesthetics wise, is definitely due for an update. My room had a view of a brick wall, so that's not ideal by any means.

Location is perfect - within a few blocks of bars/restaurants, and historic sites like no other.

Would stay again for the location, but the hotel itself isn't anything special. Service is, however, very friendly.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The rooms were very clean and spacious. We had a room with 2 queens and the beds were decent sized. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the last morning we were there, my mom ordered eggs benedict without the meat. For some reason, they staff couldn't comprehend that request and we ended up with the most bizarre eggs benedict we've ever seen. Everything was separate and weird looking. Kind of put a damper on an otherwise excellent stay.

Houston Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Arrived just before 2PM with a confirmed King Bed room
Told the room was not available and asked to sit in the lobby and "wait a few minutes"...
2 hours later had to wait in a long line to get my room and told that my Kind Room was still not ready but they had upgraded me to an Junior Suite.
Arrived to the room and not only was it not an upgrade --it was a queen room for handicapped patrons
Called down, put on hold 5 min, called back down, put on hold for 5 min
Finally went down and had to wait 20 min for assistance
given a new room --arrived (last room in hotel)
No remote for the TV--asked 3 people (employees)who told me to call down to the front desk
Remote delivered but it didn't work
Engineer returned 4 times before i got the TV working (30 min)
This place does not work and they don't care that it doesn't.
Avoid this place like POISON

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
John K, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your stay was less than acceptable. Our check in time is 4pm however if we have rooms available for guests who arrive early we always accommodate them. Unfortunately we did not have rooms ready when you arrived and I'm sorry you had to wait. We do care very much about each of our guests and to say that we don't is wrong. Obviously we missed the boat while you were here but we are much better than that.
Again, my apologies.

Simi Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Wyndham for a night before flying back to Los Angeles. The hotel is nice. Rooms were clean and spacious. The bathrooms are small and not as nice as the room.
We went t the restaurant Coins for breakfast the next morning. Mediocre at best. POOR service. We had to get our own menus and finally ask someone to help us. Buffet food was fair with fake looking eggs. I ordered off the menu and didn't get much better food. Skip the $10.00-16.00 breakfast and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing 5th street, very noisy from the traffic.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I will definitely share your comments in regards to the restaurant with the Food and Beverage Team. My apologies.

Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed one night after traveling for 17 hours from over seas. I had a great check in and check out experience. The rooms were also very clean. However I was appalled at the how rude the women who sat and watched the halls were. I am assuming these women are sitting there for safety as well as to make sure no one is acting up in the rooms. However as I came down the hall with my two large suitcases the lady would not move her chair to the side. I am an average sized female with two 70 lbs bags and this woman would not move to the side of the hall so I could pass. I could not believe the laziness of the employee. Also if these individuals are up there for safety and to assure quietness in the hotel maybe they should not be bundled up in blankets and pre occupied with reading their books. It was the laziness that made me think that if this is the standard that Wyndham hirers their is an issue.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

John K, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Megan,

Thank you for your feedback. I want to assure you that the person in the hallway you encountered was not an employee of this hotel. I'm currently investigating the issue but my guess is that it was a chaperone for one of the groups in house during your stay. I hope to find out more about this soon. My apologies for her lack of hospitality.

Regards,

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District? Share your experiences!