“Philly Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District to your Saves list
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #51 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia
“Philly Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoyed the GREAT location of this hotel, its cleanliness, and recently updated furnishings. The one downside was the front of the building was being updated and this made for congested drop off and pick up especially during peak times. Also, the address of the hotel is Arch Street, but he front of the hotel sits on 4th Street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Eric,

Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate you putting up with the exterior portion of the renovation. It does make the arrival experience a bit confusing at times. This should be complete in a few weeks and then it will be quite simple and beautiful. We can't wait. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

951 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for business in June 2014. Tried to check in at 3 PM but was told to come back because check in is at 4 PM. Came back a little after 4 and the room was not ready. The front desk had my cell number and I was told that I would get a call as soon as a room was ready. I waited in the lobby along with many others trying to check in. Around 5:45PM I went back to the desk to check in and a room was ready. I never did receive that call. I did get a voucher for breakfast. I do not know what was going on, but no one should have to wait that long for a room that was booked and already paid for.
The room was clean, but the previous occupants used the coffee maker and the filters were still in the machine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Diane,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the delay you experienced in getting into your room. You should have been notified by telephone that your room was ready. I'll be sure to address that with the team. Again my apologies. Thank you again and we hope that on your next visit to Philly you give us another try.

Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I had never been to Philly before. And looking at hotels sometimes is nuts. We finally chose the WYNDHAM and hoped it was good. It was GREAT!!!!!!!!! From the moment we arrived, everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable about the surroundings! From the front desk to the bellman. We highly recommend this hotels. Once we parked the car we didn't need to use it until we checked out. That's a vacation!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim,

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I would agree that we are in a great location. Once you park your car you can walk almost anywhere in town. It's the perfect area to spend your vacation. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Washington, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was nice, but I wasn't wowed the way I would have liked to be. The man who checked me in didn't give me any information about how the hotel was laid out, nor did he give me the breakfast vouchers that were part of my room deal. The pool on the roof was cool, especially for my kids. The signage on the 7th floor (I can't speak for other floors) could have been improved. There is construction at the front of the building which makes it hard to pull up to check in. I'm sure the end result will be good, but in the mean time, the hotel should notify guests of the best way to approach the hotel for check in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Katie,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that the desk agent did not explain the hotels amenities and layout or give you your breakfast coupons. That's standard procedure so I'm not sure why he missed that. I will address that with the Front Desk Manager. The one part of the interior renovation that is not complete is the signage package. When that is complete I'm sure it will address the issue you encountered. As for the construction outside it has made for a confusing arrival experience. We just have a few more weeks to go and then it will be quite simple. I do apologize for the confusion. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District? Share your experiences!