“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District to your Saves list
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #50 of 84 hotels in Philadelphia

751 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I (both senior citizens) were impressed by many things at the Wyndham: the extremely friendly staff, the extreme comfort of the beds, the clean, modern rooms and size of the double queen room, the room cleaning staff (who left us a note with a smiley face: "thanks a million for keeping your room so clean")--- when did that ever happen to guests??, the indoor garage being next door to the hotel, thus very handy and rates being reduced by $5 a door perhaps for being a hotel guest. The interior of the hotel was clean and very generous sized. There also was a cab stand next to the hotel. I don't remember if there was onsite dining, but we were in town to eat with relatives elsewhere. so we didn't check carefully for that. And the hotel staff welcomed this review when I praised the hotel to the cashier! As an aside, in past reviews the hotel's renovations were inconvenient; they now are finished. And the price was a steal, given we were in central Philadelphia, I believe.

Room Tip: The double queen room we had was very good-sized. We have NOTHING to criticize!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Milton G.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. They really are a great team. The interior renovations have been completed and the place looks incredible. The final phase is now under way on our exterior and when that is complete you won't recognize the building. We can't wait. By the way we do have an on site Restaurant Bar that serves great libations and comfort food. It's just off the elevators in the main lobby. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were in Philadelphia for a convention. The hotel is under renovation the inside is complete but they are still working on the outside. The hotel is nice and the staff is incredible very knowledgeable. If your interested in seeing the history of Philadelphia this is the place to stay, you can walk to most of the historical sites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Edie757,

Thank you so much for your comments. They are truly appreciated. As I say to most of our guests that comment on our location, you are correct. It's a great area for not only sightseeing but also dining and shopping. In addition, thank you for your kind words about the staff. I'll be sure to share this with them. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is remodeling, and I was not informed of that when I reserved the room. My family and I were surprised by the exterior appearance. I asked the for a different credit card to be charged for the total expenses than the one I reserved the room with. Again, this did not happen, so I was incredibly surprised and annoyed when I see that the wrong card has been charged. The second day we returned to the room after a long day, and our room had not been cleaned. That was unfortunate, but a really kind member of the housekeeping staff came and cleaned everything right up. The location of the hotel is fantastic. The subway and bus are around the corner and Ben Franklin's grave is less than a block away. The staff was ok - some friendlier than others. And my final issue, one morning I wanted a bagel for breakfast. My husband went down t the hotel restaurant to purchase one for me. It took nearly 30 minutes, and we had to return it because the "cream cheese" was inedible. When he returned it, the kitchen staff was not impressed or apologetic. Anyway - Wyndham met our needs, but we were not impressed either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Saba,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I'm sorry that you were unaware of our exterior renovation project. It is the last phase and when it's complete you won't recognize the place. I'm not sure why the issue occurred with charging the wrong credit card but I will be sure to research it to see what happened. I'm glad the housekeeper acted swiftly in getting your room clean. I'm not sure what time you returned to your room but all rooms are typically complete by 4pm. I'm sorry yours was not. I will share your issue with your bagel with the culinary team. By no means should it have taken that long and there is no reason why your cream cheese wasn't fresh. My sincere apologies for that as well. Thank you again Saba we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The staff and management were very helpful and went out of there way to ensure my daughter and I were comfortable and informed about the local food and tourist attractions. Be sure to say hi to the manager Suzette when you visit, she is personable and really cares about her customers.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate them and I'm glad you and your daughter enjoyed your visit. Suzette is a gem and I'll be sure to share this with her. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District? Share your experiences!