“College Club Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District

You added Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District to your Saves list
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #47 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Vestal
“College Club Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were all very satisfied with our recent stay. We had 4 rooms in total and we were all very pleased. The location of your hotel was perfectly located to so many historical sites and local restaurants. The hotel personnel were all very gracious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. We truly to have a great location. I appreciate your kind words about the staff and I will be sure to share this with them. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again sometime in the future.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Adirondack, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel never disclosed information about workers protesting at 8am while checking in. So we got a wake up call at 8am with a loudspeaker with a baby crying and an audio recording playing continuously. There's no explanation for this, especially when we payed $300 to spend the night! Not sure how much the parking spaces out front of building where construction protesters were cost a day... But here's a great idea! Park employee cars out front of the hotel, therefore there wouldn't be any nuisance.... Then write the parking off! Pissing off all guests at 8am and guests in the lobby is perfectly fine with the Wyndham Hotel staff. The parking garage was $35 a day, not bad although when we payed the kiosk on way out it short changed us $2.50. The kiosk said to go back into the Wyndham to get a refund. Not sure if this a scam, although if we weren't already bothered with the 8am wake up call, I would have overlooked the $2.50. Now it was the point. I don't recommend this hotel until their construction is done.. Common sense is definitely lacking at the Wyndham!

The woman at the concierge was great, very friendly and pointed us in the write direction for dinner

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I'm very sorry that no one warned you about the union protestors outside. They are there due to the fact that they were not chosen to work on our renovation because their bids were much higher than what ownership received from the non union contractors. Their tactics are more like terrorism than protesting. We've tried hard to have it stopped but even the police will do nothing. Any cars parked out in front of the hotels would be towed within the hour seeing those spaces are deemed "No Parking Anytime" Obviously that law is not enforced on the union cars. Again, I apologize and hope you try us again once the renovations are complete.

Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is located within walking distance of many historic things to do and see in Philadelphia. We stayed four nights in mid October and were disappointed that we couldn't get on any higher floor than the second floor. We requested this when booking the reservation but it wasn't available when we checked in. I realize that they don't guarantee such things, but don't offer a place to enter these requests if they won't be honored. Our room was ok, but certainly not up to Wyndham standards even though it's being remodeled. We had to call to get coffee and toiletries (soap & shampoo, etc) on our second night. It's the only hotel we stayed at that didn't have glasses by the ice bucket. They didn't even empty the ice bucket or replace the plastic bag in the bucket. I think it was a housekeeping issue more than anything else. A restaurant worker gave us a list of local restaurants because their menu didn't appeal to us. The protesters with the inflatable rats and crying baby soundtrack in front of the hotel were more entertainment than disturbing. We just walked by them and they didn't bother us. I'm sure the property can only improve as Wyndham continues their remodel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry you did not get a room on the higher floors. I'm sure if we had availability we would have been happy to place you up there. I will be sure to share your other comments with the housekeeping staff. There are no excuses and all those issues are standards for us and should have been addressed each day of your stay. For that I apologize. Thank you again.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was formally the holiday inn and it is being renovated. Apparently because they didn't use union labor they were protesting out in front of the hotel. The protestors use a loudspeaker system to broadcast a crying baby at the front of the building. Our room was in front which meant we couldn't sleep or work in the room after 8am. I don't blame the hotel for this I blame the city for not having an ordinance prohibiting this kind of assault.

The room we had was renovated and the bed was great, the rest of the room was small and just okay. It was very clean and had everything we needed. We couldn't get the wifi to work so we just used our own hotspot without calling the front desk
The restaurant was okay, pricey but so is all of Philly.
This hotel is very close to the historical sites and that is very nice
There is no nightlife close by.
Chinatown is close by and interesting but seedy

Room Tip: If you have to stay here stay away from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit for the most part and got the opportunity to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. I appreciate your understanding of the issues we have been encountering with the Union bullies outside. Their tactics border on terrorism. While they are breaking laws no one of authority will do anything about it. I'm sorry you had to experience it. Thank you again and we hope you can recommend us once the renovation is complete.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 days for a conference recently. My only requests were a high floor and a king size bed. My room was on the lowest level and right on the street. Toilet ran and stopped flushing on the first day. They fixed before I returned from the conference that day; however, aside from making my bed, I received no other service. Same (used)glasses were there, coffee and sugar not replaced and I saw the same empty bottle of something under the dresser every day I was there. Same beer cap and other trash behind the dresser. I could literally hear the person in the room next to me using the bathroom. I've stayed at Wyndham hotels before, always very nice places. Will not stay here again. Very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
292JohnK292, General Manager at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Guests,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It's obvious we fell short in delivering the high level of service that we are accustomed to. We truly dropped the ball and for that I apologize. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and we will address all the issues you discussed. Thank you again.

Regards,

Been to Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District? Share your experiences!