“Yes, but......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Yes, but......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here one night for a personal/family trip. Let's begin with saying that we are BIG Four Seasons fans. It is a great company and committed to customer service. So I hold them to a very high standard; as I know they hold themselves.

Lets start with the positives: We got a great rate for a Friday - $299. The hotel is very well located on Logan Square and along JFK Blvd. The building is elegant and grand. The staff is what you'd expect from the Four Seasons -- focused, friendly, and professional. And here is one that can really differentiate/frustrate people -- elevators --- this hotel has really fast and good elevators! There is a very nice pool and the lobby areas are spacious and refined.

OK, now let's talk about some areas for management to focus and improve upon. The fitness center --- way too small and cramped. It's on the lower lobby level with the Spa. There is a huge amount of space on this level yet the fitness center is a sardine-like space. Really?!

Management needs to expand the fitness center. The aerobic and anaerobic equipment is very good but the space is terrible. As others have said, the rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Bathroom amenities are good but the bathrooms themselves are getting tired.Time for some investment here.

Net net: this is a fine hotel. Stay here; but until management puts some investment into these fundamental areas it won't be a WOW.

Room Tip: Get a room in the X20 range otherwise its a long walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear CGCx,

Thank you for being FOUR SEASONS FANS! Our people love to serve and it shows in the interactions with our guests. We appreciate the feedback regarding the Spa and bathrooms and please know that this will be addressed in a future renovation.

Please let me know when you'll be returning so that I can assist with the perfect room.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

When I was a college student in Philadelphia (many years ago), I would walk by the 4 Seasons and wish I could afford to stay there. Last weekend, as the result of a professional meeting being held in Philadelphia, I got my chance. And, it was everything I had hoped it would be and then some!

The entire staff are welcoming, helpful and kind--everyone I interacted with was personable and took a moment to greet me (some by name). I was especially impressed by Lena at the front desk. She was professional and personable and very kind. She did her job effortlessly (or so it seemed) but also had the time to speak to me on a personal level--elevating my mundane experience at the front desk to something special. Matt, the concierge, is truly an angel---he helped me adjust my dinner reservation at Morimoto on a Saturday night with 2 hours lead time (something I tried to do on the phone very, very unsuccessfully). This recervation was for me, my boss, and a client---it was crucial I got the reservation amended and thank goodness Matt was there to assist!

The hotel is physically very beautiful, of course; the entire lobby smelled of lilies and lilacs each time I passed through. My room was large and the linens were top quality. I had the best night's sleep in my comfy bed under a feather light duvet and atop fluffy pillows--just gorgeous. I loved using the L'Occitane bath products and appreciated the oversize, fluffy towels in the bathroom.

I had to change rooms in order to extend my stay at the last minute and even this seemingly inconvenient ocurrance was so well-handled it was no problem. In fact, nothing I asked or needed was ever a problem--that's what made the entire experience so special.

I would return in a heartbeat--thank you, 4 Seasons!

Room Tip: A room facing Logan Square is the ultimate experience!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear mjamespa,

Thank you for sharing this personal story about your experience staying with us. It's truly an honor that we were able to finally have you as a guest after your years of walking by as a college student. We're so happy to know it lived up to your anticipation! Our staff is what really makes our hotel special - thank you for acknowledging them.

We hope you will return to stay with us again in the future and that it will continue to feel like a 'home away from home'!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Huge room comfy bed and decent toiletries. Reasonable pool too But the common parts of the hotel are very bland and lack style, bathrooms small and small tub. Service in bar average. For this money there are surely better places on town. Not a bad experience but far from special and not great value.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear ADL79,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay, although we're very sorry it did not live up to your expectations. We strive to ensure a superb experience for all of our guests and are sorry we did not achieve that with you.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant in the future, we will do our very best. We hope we have that opportunity.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

MICHELLE KALEV is a five star event planner who makes planning ANY event a dream! Michelle and the ENTIRE Four Seasons "Family" (much more than staff) are a CLASS ACT! From the moment I walked through the gracious gold doors, with the warm greetings from Vince and Kai, to the minute I took part in the planning with Michelle, to the final celebration, the experience was a true JOY! Michelle's creative ideas and eye for style are unmatched! Plus, the food - THE FABULOUS FOOD! Our non-profit, Partners For Civic Pride, chose to have a "Mix and Mingle" affair with Food Stations and it worked magnificently well! Plus, Michelle had the Chiefs create a "sugar mold" cake of the Philadelphia Flag that was stunning! Really FLAG-TASTIC!!! PFCP is already looking forward to returning to the Four Seasons for our 2015 event ~ fingers crossed that it is still open for business in March 2015. I can not imagine Logan Circle without this GEM at the corner of 18th Street....It has been such a consistent shining star on this significant Avenue .... Once you have experienced this JEWEL, at street level, it is hard to entertain the thought of going any place else.
BRAVO AND THANK YOU TO ALL!
Brenda Exon
Co-Founder / Executive Director
Partners For Civic Pride [PFCP]

Room Tip: You are in the BEST hands, having Michelle Kalev suggest the room to align with your dream scenario...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brenda E,

Thank you for hosting your event with us! We are so happy to hear that it exceeded your expectations and the best comment we can receive is that our team felt more like 'family' to you, as that is just the way in which we hope to treat all guests - like family. We will be sure to relay your praise of individual staff to them directly.

We look forward to working with you in the future!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Everything this Four Seasons does is TOP SHELF. You are made to feel welcomed and pampered from the moment you pull up to the curb. The valet service, concierge, dining staff - EVERYONE was courteous and helpful. While we were there for an evening event only, I have stayed previously and the accommodations are spotless and comfortable. Not only will I return, but I highly recommend this location to ANY and ALL.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Christie M,

Thank you so much for the wonderful praise of our team. We're happy you have been able to experience the hotel as both a guest staying with us, as well as from an event perspective. Our staff works very hard to ensure that every hotel or event guest feels comfortable and attended to and we're grateful to know we achieved that with you.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stay at the Four Seasons in Philly fairly regularly and I'm never disappointed. The doormen are welcoming and everyone from the front desk staff to the waiters are helpful, kind, and professional. It will be interesting to see what kind of direction the hotel will go in once it relocates to the new Comcast building. The beds are always comfortable and every room I've stayed in is clean and quiet. Hope it stays as quiet and as lovely as it is today.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jlee7575,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful remarks. We're so happy to know that our staff has made you feel right at home, as that is always our goal. We hope you will continue to stay with us for future travel to Philadelphia and look forward to welcoming you back!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Family
Love
Quiet
Restful
Privacy
Awesome!!!

The very best!!!! Having stayed all over the world on business, I must take the time to write about how good this Hotel is. It's all about HOSPITALITY and they have it!!! It's a really nice, clean quiet and wonderful place!!! I could live here!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking Ben Franklin circle.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cathy G,

Thank you so much for your review and your kind adjectives to describe it so succinctly! We would love to have you move in with us! We look forward to welcoming you back as a member of our family soon!

Christia Donohue

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!