“Excellent location and great service except for the large cockroach we found in our room !!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

July 5th 2013
We had just checked into the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia and were greeted professionally by the person at the front desk . We had a suite and it had beautifully appointed furniture. Everything seemed perfect and I was looking forward to enjoying the next three days with my girls in this luxiourius suite with a beautiful view of Logan's Square . I was just about to get into bed and as I walked towards the bed I was cut off by a fast scurrying little creature that stopped me in my tracks. I yelled so loud that I think I was heard right down to the lobby from the eighth floor where I was staying . The housekeeping staff were just outside my room as they were coming to set up the extra bed. One of the staff personelle who was so kind and went beyond the call of duty came in the room and started chasing this large cockroach . He finally caught it without killing it . Not sure why as he may believe in insects rights . He told me that he will put in in a jar to show to his manager. The hotel manager soon came up apologizing profusely and immediatly upgraded us to an even bigger suite. Although this was very nice I am now just sitting here worrying about going to bed and waking up to stepping on a not so friendly intruder in the night ??!!

• Stayed July 2013
Sharon B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Suzieqcindy,
Thank you so much for staying at the Four Seasons Philadelphia and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed the service at the hotel and that you were happy with your suite and the view of Logan's Square. I am truly so sorry to hear of the situation with the roach; I understand it must have been extremely upsetting. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. Please contact me directly at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com so that I may provide further assistance.
Sharon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Philadelphia and I stayed 5 nights at the Four Seasons - had high expectations from what I had heard about this hotel. The hotel definitely lived up to its expectations in terms of service - every member of the staff (doorman, room service, front desk, housekeeping, etc.) went out of their way to assist me, make me feel welcome, and take care of my needs. Really exceptional service!
Beautifully appointed and pristine main lobby, fitness/spa/pool areas, and common areas/hallways. I stayed in a fountain-view room, and while the view of Logan Fountain was great (esp at night), I was not impressed by the room. Standard chain hotel layout, outdated/a bit worn and no design. I have stayed at several luxury properties over the last few years (a bit more expensive however) and was expecting something more special and with the kind of small touches/amenities that make it one step above the rest (complimentary hotel bottled water, specialized toiletries, lint roller, etc.)The bathroom was the biggest disappointment - small standard hotel tub, plastic wastebasket, and phone (really - in this day and age?). On a positive side, bed, bed linen, and pillows AWESOME (towels and robes nothing special however in terms of linen quality), very quiet (actually slept amazing at this hotel!), great views, and service to my room (housekeeping, room service, and newspaper delivery) met my high standards.
Pool and hot tub area were terrific. 2nd best pool area I have experienced on my travels. The hot tub was amazing - the largest I have been in and really hot water, which I prefer. Pool was on the cool side, but comfortable, and I REALLY appreciated the adults-only hours from 8-10 each evening. Area was well-appointed, maintained, and relaxing.
Had a 1 hour spa pedicure as well, but truthfully was disappointed. Have actually had better experiences at spas in Montana (for some reason this just seems wrong!). The pedicurist and spa staff were wonderful - so friendly and helpful (service is the top billing for this hotel), but was stuck in a windowless room for my pedicure in the spa hallway that made it noisy. Also, sat in a regular chair (not one of those massage chairs with a whirlpool tub for your feet) with my feet in a plastic tub with lukewarm water. Treatment was good, and my nails looked great, just wasn't special or relaxing. And it may seem like I'm being particular, but the scrub and lotion for my feet were kept in those little plastic containers that restaurants put dressing in for you - tacky?
Room service was great - if not incredibly overpriced. Room service staff was fantastic, meals were delivered quickly and correctly, and well-appointed room service tables. Food was great (try the rigatoni, cheese plate, and meyer lemon tart), large portions, and loved that they served Mighty Leaf Teas. Also ate in the Swann Lounge twice - fantastic service, décor, and food (expensive though for what you get).
Had a great stay overall and would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fountain-view - it is worth the extra cost. Usually I don't like rooms on th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear travelgirlMontana,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Four Seasons Philadelphia. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service provided to you throughout the hotel as well as the view from your guest room. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room itself as well as with the room which your pedicure took place in. I would love the opportunity to discuss your feedback a bit further. Please contact me directly if you have a moment at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com. Your feedback is extremely valuable in our continued effort to exceed guest expectations. I sincerely hope to hear from you in the near future.
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Four Seasons for a wedding. The wedding invitation did not include our kids. So we had to use a Four Seasons nanny from their service. We got Madeline who was very helpful and good with our kids.
Our stay included a Saturday and the four seasons offered a free cooking class for the kids and had a movie night for the kids. At the cooking class the kids got to make and decorate cookies. They had fun watching the movie too. The hotel has a great and surprisingly affordable kids menu for room service too. My fussy eater kids never wanted to go out! They loved the food from room service.

The decor here is definitely older, but not shabby. A bit like Philadelphia itself. They really have the four seasons service down here. The staff here was extremely helpful, friendly and always wanted to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear JW,
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia! I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed the Movie Night and Cookie Making Class. It is wonderful to know that your children enjoyed the hotel's children's menu and I am happy that the team here made your family happy and comfortable throughout their stay. Should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia please contact me so that I may look after your family on a future visit.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed @ this really centrally located hotel for 5 days whilst I attended a Convention in Philadelphia.
The service & room standard were excellent.
Car parking was just across the road.
The front desk girls @ this hotel were the best we have ever experienced @ any hotel anywhere in the world on our many travels.
Plus they were friendly & always remembered ones name.
The hotel was only 5 minutes walk from the Convention Centre & offered breakfast,lunch & dinner for those guests who wanted to partake.
Whilst it doesn't look the greatest,it's strengths lie within & is strongly recommended to other travellers who want a quality hotel @ a reasonable price in close proximity to the Convention Centre.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th of 9/10 floors & it was very quite. Our room overlooked the Carpark across t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carringtonfs,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for sharing your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you had great experiences with our Front Desk Team and I am glad the hotel's location was convenient for you. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on a return visit.
Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed overnight with family in a comfortably-sized room. Bathroom is outdated but everything functioned as needed. Staff was as friendly as at every other FS property. Breakfast was the only meal we ate at the hotel and it was great, if expensive. The parking & breakfast package helped defray the total cost.

Hotel is ideally located for walking around Philly, which we did much of and therefore spent little time in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear NoreenKB,
Thank you for your visit to the Four Seasons Philadelphia and for sharing your comments and concerns. I am glad that you found the guest room to be comfortable and our team at the hotel friendly. I am so sorry that the bathroom did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia as I would like to be of assistance to you and look after your reservation on a future visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel but ate brunch there with friends on a Sunday. It was much hyped but very ordinary in our estimation. The food was fine but had been sitting out, as brunch food does...

The food is absolutely fine. If you're new to brunch buffets, this will seem like an impressive spread, but after doing Sunday brunches around the world, we felt this one was WAY overpriced and just average food.

We had the buffet and two mimosas, and our bill was $175. There was a celebrity sighting, though, so that was cool. :) It really just feels like an expensive breakfast in a nice hotel with aging carpet. I'd give it a miss.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I travel all the time and have had many exceptional stays at FourSeasons Hotels. BUT the philly FourSeaons is NOT the same quality and service that one would expect. I had to deal with attitude from valets, rooms that were not properly cleaned, rooms that had electronics and phones that were not in working order, attitude from the service personel when I'd call down with request.... I'll never stay at this hotel again. The Ritz Carlton Philly has always excedeed my expectations. I'll be staying at the Ritz in Philly going forward.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sharon B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear mzimm,
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. I am truly concerned to hear of the experiences you have shared and would like to have the chance to further discuss your stay with you. Please contact me directly at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com so that I may gain some additional insight and so that I may assist with future plans.
I hope to hear from you in the near future.