“A bit underwhelming” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Houston, Texas
“A bit underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Considering the cost, there were several things that dropped my rating. In this day and age, WiFi should be free. No only was that, but it was slow enough that even on the slowest possible speeds, I dropped audio when on a call. Room service was reasonable. Complimentary coffee in the morning and breakfast bars were bland, but the basil lemonade available in the afternoon was great. We had problems with our TV working several times and had to call down to get it working. They also had strict guidelines about cell phone usage in the work out room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sharon B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Steve M,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia!
I am so sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with the TV as well as the internet. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia as I would love to be able to provide you with an upgrade on a future visit. I am so glad that you enjoyed our delicious Roof Top Basil Lemonade; it is made with fresh basil grown in our hotel's roof top garden!
Warmest Regards,
Sharon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

As I arrived the front desk notified me that i was being upgraded due to my anniversary. When I entered the room they had chocolates and flowers for us, with the inscription "happy anniversary" written in chocolate..a very nice touch. the room though not so large, was very clean, and had a wonderful view of I believe it was logan square. The bathroom was very clean as well. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was great, very helpful with everything. At night the bar seemed to be filled with people starting in their upper 40's and up. A little too mature for a couple both in the low 20's. Overall a great experience would definitely recommend to friends and family

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Ari K,
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comments about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Philadelphia. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt happy with your decision to stay at the Four Seasons. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia so that I may assist you with arrangements for a future visit.
Warmest Regards,
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location is really pretty - the fountain really adds an ambiance. The rooms were really clean and neat. Views not bad at all. Close to walking attractions.

The bathroom products were excellent! :)

Breakfast was a bit dissapointing. Rather mediocre with very few options

Dear Traveller STR,
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns regarding your recent visit to the Four Seasons Philadelphia. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, views and bathroom products. I am so sorry that breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please contact me by email if you have a moment so that I might be able to gain further insight into your experience. I hope to have the privilege of having you as a guest on a future visit.
Warm Regards,
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My seven year old son and I stayed at the Four Seasons this past week during a two day visit to Philadelphia.

We arrived into Philadelphia at 12:15, and check in was at 3. I called the hotel that morning to request an early check in. They added the request to my reservation, but advised that though they could not guarantee it, we were welcomed to come to the hotel early, store our luggage, and make use of their spa and other facilities. I asked if I could call when we arrived into Philadelphia to check on the room, and they said most certainly. I called when our train was arriving into 30th Street station, and they advised us that our room was ready.

My son declared it his favorite hotel ever after they brought out a wagon of toys for him to select from when we checked in! We haven't encountered such a wonderful welcome at any other hotel where we have stayed. In addition to the welcome toy wagon, check in was a breeze!

My son noticed that there was always a doorman who offered a warm greeting whenever we entered or exited our hotel. I regularly stay at the Sofitel and the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia for business, and I am sure that there is a doorman at each who greets you, but I can't recall such warm greetings from my past stays there. Perhaps it's because my son pointed it out, or because he was with me, that we were always greeted in such a warm way? :)

I forgot to pack my toothbrush and requested one when we got back to our hotel room that night. Unfortunately, it was 3 phone calls and about 45 minutes later before the dental kit and a sincerely apology made it up to our room. After that, another dental kit arrived when I was brushing my teeth. And after I had showered and gotten into bed, yet another dental kit arrived. Perhaps it was a busy Thursday evening at the hotel? No biggie, though.

The hotel room was large and comfortable. I personally did not find the bed very comfortable, though my son had a good night's sleep. We had a room with two double beds. I woke up around midnight feeling stuffed up and turned off the fan on the air conditioner, and my nose cleared right up. I slept better after that!

The bathroom was very comfortable, though I wouldn't mind seeing them update it, adding a standing shower with glass doors - one of the features I love about the Sofitel in Philadelphia! The water pressure in the shower in the tub was great, as were the L'Occitane toiletries!

The safe in the closet had a key rather than a code, which meant carrying a key around (something I'd rather not have to do - it was one of Medeco keys that you don't want to lose).

They weren't able to accommodate a late check out because they were sold out, but check out was a breeze and they happily stored our bag while we went around town.

My son wants to know if all of the Four Seasons give out toys when you check in...we will have to find out!

There is no question of where we will stay the next time I'm in Philadelphia with my son! :)

Last note - the Four Seasons is in a great location! We walked from 30th Street Station to the hotel when we arrived, and we walked most everywhere we went while we were in Philadelphia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sharon B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Greetings from the Four Seasons Philadelphia,
Thank you so much for your review titled, "Very enjoyable stay at the Four Seasons Philadelphia!" I am so happy to hear that your arrival experience was warm and that your check in was a breeze.
The detailed feedback you shared in your review is a great tool for the team here at the hotel.
I am happy to learn that your son would like to return to the Four Seasons Philadelphia; please contact me directly so that I may assist you with a future reservation. I look forward to the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have stayed at this Hotel at least 20 times both for Business and pleasure..The property is excellently located for walking to city attractions.
Restaurant service is quick and efficient with many choices. All delicious.Rooms decorated nicely and clean.
Only negative is some of the rooms could use updates and the bath shampoo and soap are getting tiresome..
A overall good place for a short visit to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevators..Some rooms quite far away.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from the Four Seasons Philadelphia,
Thank you so much for your review titled "Excellent for business and pleasure". I am so happy to hear that you have stayed at the hotel over 20 times and have enjoyed the guest rooms, service and the location. I also want to thank you for the feedback that you have shared regarding the shampoo and soap. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back on a future visit. Thank you so much for posting your review and for your continued patronage of the Four Seasons Philadelphia!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Met my brother from Boston and my Nephew and son from New York City at this property to attend a Phillies baseball game. All four of us stayed at the Four Seasons. The rooms all had a fantastic view of the parkway, a beautiful setting. They were quit, clean and all you expect from a hotel of this caliber.
After the game we all went to the lounge to catch up. The lounge was busy and the service was excellent. We all really enjoyed spending time together in such a inviting atmosphere. My brother and I had lunch prior to the game in the hotel restaurant and the food and service was as to be expected, and then some. The staff at every turn went out of their way to make sure we were being taken care of. We took a cab to the ballpark and the Concierge told us that after the game if we had any problem returning to the hotel, call and they would send a car for us, giving all of us peace of mind.
All in all it was a fantastic bonding memorable visit. I would and plan to stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Room: We had an amazing view of the fountain. A must! Our room was a very large corner room. We were lucky! The bed was comfy and very large, clean, bathroom.

Service: All the staff is very professional and so helpful. We had lunch at the fountain restaurant and they brought our leftovers upstairs to our room.

Fountain Restaurant: Awesome! Try the tuna tartar and lobster salad.

Room service: a bit pricy but great breakfast and dinner.

Spa: My only negative comment about the hotel would be the Spa. It is located on the bottom floor near the pool area. The employees were awesome and my masseuse was great. BUT the massage room was located inside the ladies locker room. During my massage I could hear the typical locker room chatter laughter, blow driers, yelling. It was actually louder than the music in the massage room. Very strange for a $145 massage. I would not book it again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!