“Great Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #19 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
“Great Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Wonderful service overall. I thought the pool photos on the web site were a bit misleading -- it is not as nice as it looks in the photo, and they were running out of lounge chairs on Sunday morning. The Sunday brunch was excellent. The front desk is not big enough for the number of people checking in and out - -at least not the high maintenance people with lots and lots of questions who were staying there when I was. It was very nice, overall, but I had expected a little bit more from Four Seasons.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear JuniperCreek,

Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel and the brunch. We're in discussions about the Spa and pool area and have it top of mind for renovations.

We hope that you'll join us again in the future and please contact me for assistance.

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hall carpeting is coming loose at the seams. This hardly feels like a 5 star hotel as you walk down the hall. Our room had only one comfortable chair plus a desk chair. There was room for second comfortable chair. One of us had to try to sit up on the bed to read or have a relaxed conversation. The bathroom's shower was a shower/tub combo. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was great. The bed was comfortable as we're the linens. I would not return to this hotel when I return to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is on outside of hotel, not one that overlooks the inner courtyard (roof).
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sylvia M,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us and I'm sorry about the condition of the hallway carpet. We do have a renovation planned for later this year to address these issues and I'd like to speak with you further if possible.

Please contact me at the information below so we can chat a bit more.

(215) 963-2742
michael.nenner@fourseasons.com
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on two different occasions in the last week, thus an opportunity to try two different rooms. The first night I was on the third floor and the end of the hall. My room was very typical hotel room decor and overlooked the roof. I noticed all eight floors of this side of hotel had a roof view. My second stay in the week was Room 204, much larger with view of the courtyard and fountain. The rooms all have robes and slippers, they lack coffee pots (complimentary coffee is available in the lobby). The bathrooms are very basic. They did include a lighted mirror.. I was running late one morning so ordered bacon and eggs to my room. My bill was $40 for the food because an additional $14 was added to the bill above the $26 of the food for three additional fees. With all my travels around the world, I have never encountered such high room service delivery fees.
Fitness facility is fairly nice and very clean. Matrix machines, 3 treadmills. The gym does offer nice quality hot tea and coffee. There is ice water and cold towels.
Internet in the room is $12 per day.
Location of the hotel is just blocks from the Barnes Foundation and other museums.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear TDHArizona,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us last week. I wish we could have put you into a room facing the Fountain. The views for the Parkway, Art Museums and parks are amazing. Please contact me when you’re in town again and I can assist you in making the reservations for a great room.

novalauren
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Four Seasons on Saturday in June. The hotel was hosting numerous private parties, but you would never know. Our room was whisper quiet. The service is really over the top. The breakfast buffet at The Fountain is superb. We are already planning a return trip for the Spring, but the time with the kids. We noticed that the Four Seasons goes above and beyond to cater to families so we will take advantage of that during our next trip!

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor overlooking the courtyard and did not hear a peep during our stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great courtyard room. They really have a high standard that I like. Very nice staff that is always courteous and helpful. Food very good and service solid. What else can I say to get to 200 characters.

• Stayed May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Four Seasons Philadelphia is a very good hotel, and we stayed there during the College Rugby Championships at PPL Park.

First and foremost are the staff. They were welcoming and very service oriented. Although I reserved a standard room, we were given a nice suite upon checkin. We had breakfast on Sunday morning before heading out, and is was solid and not priced over the top.

The only issues that I had were - The sofa bed was uncomfortable to sit on, and has seen better days. The TV system/remote control was terrible. Navigating the system was slow, and channels are not labeled. They use an infrared remote on each set, and ours was pointed at the ceiling, making navigation difficult at best. Even when corrected, the system is difficult to navigate. My last issue was the lack of a coffee pot in the room. When I wake up at 6am, the last thing I want to do is have to go downstairs for coffee, but that was the only option.

Overall, this is a very good hotel that needs to provide an in room experience that is on par with their service levels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bobaloo071,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I can sympathize with you regarding the TV's and we're working on replacing all the TV's in the hotel as we speak.

Please contact me in the future for assistance in making reservations and I will make sure your room is perfect and equipped with a coffee maker.

pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at the FS a few days ago with my two children. We were going to a Phillies game and the Franklin Institute. I booked the parking/breakfast package and its worth every penny. The service is the best in the city. Received a room upgrade at check-in. Had lunch in The Fountain and they accommodated a very picky 12 year old. After hearing us say we were headed to the Franklin Institute the waitress packed us a complimentary bag of waters & cookies. Even the kids commented on how nice everyone is at the FS! We stayed here on our last trip to Philly and we will absolutely stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!