“Four Seasons Philadelphia--Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Seattle, Washington
“Four Seasons Philadelphia--Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

About once a year, my daughter and I pick a different U.S.city to explore and enjoy. This year we chose Philadelphia and stayed at FS Philadelphia for our 24 hour getaway. Over the years, we've stayed at over a dozen Four Seasons.

Without a doubt, the staff in this hotel made this very, very special. The smiles, the can do spirit, the humor, the genuine concern and positive spirit were exemplary and exceptional. I need to especially recognize the Swan dining room team members--Jonathan, Ronald, Jenny,and Christine--(and Valentine, too) for unbelievable service and assistance. Their service and efforts were truly reference point for Four Seasons service. Bravo!!

Park in the public garage directly behind the hotel. It's $27 and is exactly where the valet drivers park your car for $50+. The $72 per person Sunday Brunch was beautiful but way, way too much. I chose the corned beef hash for $20; and it was perfect.

I still think it's terrible that FS charges for wi-fi internet (Obviously someone way up in FS wants to charge for it; If he or she could only realize that it dimishes the brand because every cheap hotel, even in Kansas in South Dakota, offers it for free).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Solumbra,

Thank you for the wonderful comments and I will share these with the Swann and Front Desk teams. Our employees are our best asset and I'm so pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Everything from the enthusiasm of folks that greet you at the door to the quality of the rooms and the exceptional food make the Four Seasons a truly memorably place to stay. The eggs benedict at the Fountain are the best you will ever find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear ddfresh,

Thank you for your kind review! We're so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. And yes, I'd have to agree - the eggs benedict are amazing!

Hope you will be able to visit us again soon!

Best,
Christia Donohue
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary weekend, and it was beautiful! We had a room with a view of Logan Square, which is my favorite little square in Philly, and the room was lovely. It had a nice, comfy chair - a must for my husband. The location can't be beat - we easily walked to major attractions in the downtown area and enjoyed simply exploring and finding neighborhood gems. I also want to note that the Philly Cheesesteak Spring Rolls available on the In-Room Dining menu are astoundingly good! We weren't sure what to expect from them but found them to be fantastic - I recommend if you plan to eat while here. All in all, it was a great hotel for our anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of Logan Square, and it was really beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear springdove42,

Thank you for the fantastic comments and I'm a HUGE fan of the Cheesesteak Spring Rolls myself.

Happy Anniversary again and we hope to see you again soon.

Bonita Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

You can't beat the location and the service is top-shelf. Rooms are very large and clean. After a day at the Barnes and some other sightseeing, we decided to grab a light dinner in the lounge; the cheese plate and pulled pork sliders were great. The hotel does seem to be in need of a little bit of a facelift, but we woulld definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hawkeyewriter,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and we agree that you can't beat our location. So you're aware, the rooms will be renoavted later this year and most items in the room and hallways will be addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please contact me for assistance.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Four Seasons on a business trip (and took some flack from my company for the price). I must say it was disappointing overall. The room was fine, although fairly ordinary, small, and a little old-fashioned. This was okay, as it had sort of an "old Philadelphia" feel, and it had a nice view of the courtyard; However, I had a number of issues:

1. There was not a single light bulb in the room bright enough to read by.
2. The bathtub/shower had no grab bar anywhere (I am not handicapped, but the tub was slippery)
3. All the pillows were overstuffed and uncomfortable, and no other choice was offered. I probably could have called housekeeping and requested others, but did not much feel like it after 11 pm my first night, and just didn't bother the second night
4. The TV in my room did not work; the front desk claimed they were upgrading the system, but the day I checked out, it still did not work
5. The most troublesome problem: my room was terribly overheated and I could not control the heat; I turned the thermostat down to 60 in an attempt to make it comfortable, but nothing changed. I complained about this as well, but nothing was done. Both nights I ended up opening the window (thank goodness it opened) to the 28 degree air outside to get the temperature comfortable for sleeping
6. Although I had lunch at 2:30 pm on my first day, and the dining room was not crowded, I waited over an hour for my meal. It turned out that the kitchen "lost" my order.
7. Wi Fi was a daily (3 days) and expensive charge--this did not surprise me, as high-end hotels all charge for it, but it is always an annoyance on a business trip--it's especially annoying as it is always free in places I stay on vacation, like Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard, etc.

However, the worst thing of all in my opinion was that I wrote a letter of complaint citing these same issues (a pleasant letter, saying nothing nasty except that I expected better) and got no reply! To me that is utterly inexcusable, and simply terrible customer service. I was not asking for anything, just letting them know about these fairly minor issues. To receive no response was shocking to me--it is clear that customer service is not a high priority.

I formerly traveled as much as 6 or 7 nights a month on business, in Europe and Asia as well as the US, and usually stay at Westins, Hiltons, Marriotts, Ritz Carltons and the like. This hotel was not terrible by any means, just disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Girlfriend1,

I'm so terribly sorry for the experience you had at our property. We have no excuse for what happened I can understand your frustration with the issues in the room. I'd like to speak with you further and will reach out to you today.

My apologies again for the delay in service and thank you for the feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I usually stay at the Four Seasons, Ritz or St Regis when travelling for business. This particular Four Seasons property lives up to the brand's standards. Great room, great service, good food, elegant location. Recommended for travel in Philly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Hot_Squanto,

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and all elements within it. We hope to see you back soon!

Best,
Christia Donohue
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had such a great experience at Four Seasons Scottsdale, I booked a room for an overnight at the Philly property with my daughter. One of the things I've loved about Four Seasons hotels is the bathtub, and I looked forward to taking a relaxing bath while my daughter watched TV. Upon entering the room, I noticed a tub no bigger than the one I just had at the Washington Hilton. It was an ENTIRELY average room, except the 6 dollar Snickers. They did make a lot of effort in making their overpriced in-room bar tempting.

Now let's get to my kid. Her father just deployed and this weekend was to take her mind off his absence. I emailed the concierge beforehand to make sure there was a child's robe in the room and any child related amenities. Upon entering my room, there was nothing. She got a small toy (a 59 cent Slinky), awkwardly at check-in. I wasn't even told of child related activities the hotel was offering until I called to complain about something unrelated later that afternoon.

We went to an early dinner at a restaurant in Rittenhouse Square (Monk's Cafe--PERFECT mussels), and came back to the hotel at 5 to swim. The basement pool is nice, and my five year old was practicing her sitting dives, with me catching her. At attendant barked at both of us (NO DIVING), which is not what we were even doing. Yet, many older kids were jumping in, playing chicken fight, and nary a mention. I did call her on it and she gave me the exact same passive, boring "sorry" I received from all the customer service people in all the hotel.

After showering and looking forward to a relaxing evening, I realized my throat was sore, and called down to ask for a coffee maker to make tea. In previous reviews below this one, the manager indicated that a coffee maker would be made available if asked. Well, it's not. The front desk suggested that I ordered from room service for the price of $25 (including tax, tip, delivery service). When I indicated that was unacceptable, she suggested that I walk 8 blocks to a Starbucks, or go down to the hotel bar (with my five year old, already in pajamas) and get one to go. It was also at this time that I learned that there were KIDS activities in the hotel that night. It was already 7:30.

I was so frustrated, I packed my overnight bag and went to the Sheraton. By the time we got there, it was bedtime, and we slept soundly. I even got a cup of coffee in the morning from my in-room coffee maker.

I know it seems silly. I just remember that at Four Seasons Scottsdale, every need was met (and I am not that demanding). I expected that experience. Next time, I'll just stay at another hotel. This one is worn and dated. And the staff, the STAFF, did not nothing but reprimand or act with complete helplessness.

I will not stay at another Four Seasons again.

Dear joellelamb,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us and I'm so sorry to hear about the poor experience you had. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests and we do have coffee makers that we place in our guest rooms upon request. As for the Spa, I will follow up with our team and address the issues.

We strive for consistency at all of our Four Seasons properties and I'm sorry that we need match your other experiences. I would like to speak with you further if possible and I've listed m contact information below.

Our apologies again and I look forward to speaking with you.

Michael.nenner@fourseasons.com

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!