“quiet, tasteful and well run” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York
“quiet, tasteful and well run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Checked in very late, the one person at checkin really did a great job handling several people at one time, addressing each one and saying it would only be a moment. Rooms were nice, tasteful, and the bed very comfortable. All staff were very well trained that I encountered and was very satisified with the staff. Cannot say the hotel was outstanding in any way but for business purposes was very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear rs88,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about our guest service at check-in and are pleased that you experienced our signature service. We do try our very best to ensure guests know they are valued. We hope if you stay with us again that you'll leave with an "outstanding" experience!

SIncerely,
Christia Donohue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Concord, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very good overall. Excellent location in Philly - close to everything (esp. museums) but excellent access to 676 for getting in/out of the City. Take advantage of their complimentary car service - an S-Series Mercedes beats a cab any day.
Rooms were very comfortable, we had a good view of the fountain. My two main complaints: 1) our room was loud - not from the hallway or outside traffic, but from the adjoining room, as if there were no sound-proofing. 2) the housekeeping missed a few things (like leaving a used wine glass hanging out for a couple days, not giving us hand towels).
Breakfast and valet parking included in our rate - was a great value overall.

Room Tip: Be careful if you get an adjoining room - we could hear sounds from the adjoining room as if they we...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Nashobakurt,

Thank you for the insightful comments and please know that we're working with our Housekeepers to get the guest rooms perfect. Your feedback is another tool we can use in their training.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Philadelphia and I'll personally assist you with making the reservations.

Regards,

State College, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been fortunate enough to stay at a number of Four Seasons and this one was the worst. This isn't to say it was a bad hotel; just that it isn't particularly impressive. I think this is because it was purchased by the Four Seasons as opposed to being built by them. I stayed here for three nights in November (apologies for the late posting of this review, but I was so underwhelmed by the stay I felt no desire to relive the experience through a review). The best thing about the hotel, and this is true of many of the Four Seasons properties, is the pool and fitness area. The pool is big enough to swim laps, the locker room is nicely appointed, and the fitness area is full of excellent equipment. My children and I had breakfast by the pool twice, and that was lovely. But otherwise there was nothing special about this hotel. The concierge was useless. I asked her about Barnes tickets and she was able to offer nothing beyond what was available on the website. Now I should make clear that it's only because I am used to Four Seasons' concierges working magic that I am offering up a critique here. There's no reason why a concierge should have tickets to a sold-out museum, but in my experience this is precisely the kind of thing they have at the Four Seasons, particularly when the museum is right across the street and the hotel website offers special packages featuring tickets to said museum. My room was nice, but standard in every way. The room and bathroom were both the same size you would find in a Hilton, and the decor no better. We did have a lovely view of the parkway. There were no late checkouts available on Sunday morning. And perhaps most annoyingly, a large, loud group was occupying the pool for most of one of the evenings we were there. I would say that the Omni is a nicer hotel, with equivalent or better service, and arguably a better location. And the Embassy Suites, across the street from the Four Seasons, is a better choice if you are traveling with children and don't need a pool. If you need a pool I would go with the Omni.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear PSU_travel_mom,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. Our hotel was originally built as a Four Seasons 30 years ago and is scheduled for a renovation later this year. Nonetheless, we need to be consistent in the service we provide and it seems that we were off the mark on your stay with us.

I apologize about the issues you experienced and would like to chat more about your stay if possible. Please email me at michael.nenner@fourseasons.com or you can reach me at 215-963-2742.

Glen arm md 21057
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Conveniently located to attractions. Within walking distance of excelllent museums and wonderful restaurants.

Barnes Museeum, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Sceince Museum. Walk to all of them, or take the hotel car.

Lovely salt water pool and amazing whirlpool.Great staff

Excelleny experience.

Room Tip: As for a room on a higher floor -peaceful
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear retiredmother,

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're so pleased to know you experienced our great location in the heart of Philadelphia's arts and cultural museum district. We are proud to be situated amongst such prestigious neighbors! We hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Lititz, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons in Philadelphia in February. What a family friendly hotel! They had robes for the children. Stuffed bears and a toy for each child. It was a very nice 3 day weekend. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend if you are planning a family visit to Philly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dannydoc,

Thank you for sharing your great review of our hotel! We love our family guests and are so happy your children liked their special treats. Philadelphia is a great city for families with so much to do. We hope to see you all back soon!

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. This is only my second time at a Four Seasons, and perhaps I was spoiled by my fabulous first experience, but this location was somewhat disappointing. All the good things: very pleasant doorman, efficient check in, comfortable bed, quiet room and terrific box lunch upon leaving. Sleeping room was okay but could definitely use some modernization and updating - closest plug I could find to the iron was in the bathroom. As I was in a hurry to get to my meeting, I left the iron and ironing board in the bathroom. Much to my surprise, they were still there when I came back at the end of the day. On that same day, my room hadn't been made up by 1:30, which seemed rather late. Lastly, there was a used room service tray outside one of the rooms on my floor from about 4 to 9 p.m.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear betsy1224,

Thank you for your comments and I was surprised to hear about your experience. I'm very sorry for the issues with the room and please know that we use our guest feedback to enhance the guest experience for others. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance and I ask that you contact me in the future for reservations at any Four Seasons Worldwide.

Regards,

Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The friendliness, attention, and efficiency of the staff at this hotel are impressive. There is a personal touch that is noteworthy, and the experience at staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia is a memorable one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy140,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased to know you experienced our signature personal service and hospitality. We strive to ensure all guests know they are welcomed and appreciated! We hope to see you back again soon!

Christia Donohue

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!