“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
new york
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am unable to fault this hotel: its position, a mile from the railway station, is close to the Barnes Museum (a short walk) and Museum of Art (an excellent long walk). The hotel staff were immensely hospitable and my room was utterly comfortable and quiet. I could not ask for more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Haciendacusin,

Perfection is our thought too!
Our team appreciates the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Wynnewood, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My daughter and I love afternoon tea, and have historically gone to A Taste of Britain in the suburbs. Interested in trying something new, and perhaps with better service, I decided to treat her to the Four Seasons. On the positive side the scones were tasty and fresh. On the other hand, the sandwiches were stale, and decorated with wilted greens; I suspect the sandwiches had been sitting, decorated, in the fridge too long. The lemon curd and the jam tasted home-made, but were not as flavorful as one would expect. The desserts included mini cupcakes which also were not fresh, as was a small cookie. The selection of teas and desserts really didn't feel very British either. The setting is tired and not at all reminiscent of the Four Seasons in NYC. Service was below standard; when I told the waiter that we were disappointed in the sandwiches, he should have at least sent the Manager over. Finally, the portion size was far smaller than that typically served at other restaurants. Overall, I found it hard to believe I was sitting at the Four Seasons and have no reason to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear scottiza,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was very disappointed to learn that the Afternoon Tea experience was not up to your expectations.
Gladly I was able to reach out to you today and I was very thankful for the additional feedback you provided me with. As I mentioned to you over the phone today our sandwiches are prepared on a daily basis and served fresh. I apologize that your vegetarian sandwiches were stale which is unacceptable.
I will certainly discuss your suggestions on jam and lemon curd flavor with our Pastry team. I am sorry that our variety of tea did not please you.
I would like to apologize that even though you informed us that you were not pleased with the sandwiches we did not respond right away.

Rest assured that I will address the shortfalls with the culinary team as well as the Lounge team!

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and please accept my apologies for this experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on my cell phone should you need any assistance.

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food and Beverage
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Elizabeth Knox
Director of Catering
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
I have always been duly impressed by the Four Seasons, whether business or leisure travel; most recently at your elegant hotel in Georgetown D.C.
Your swift, efficient response and confirmed accommodations for the kosher luncheon is testimony of a truly first class establishment of superlative service from days of yore.
Thank you for reliving me of this extra burden during an already stressful week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Albert B,

Thank you for your gracious review of your experience with our hotel! I will pass along your sentiments to Elizabeth Knox, as well. We're so pleased your kosher luncheon exceeded your expectations. Our team strives to meet every personalized request possible. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Christia
west falmouth, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Doormen were terrific upon our arrival, at registration we were immediately upgraded to a better room since one was available (without our asking for one) and the staff couldn't be more helpful getting us around the city and making sure we were taking advantage of the great cultural opportunities Philly offers! Our room was nice, good linens, very clean. Location was fantastic, especially if you want access to museums. The breakfast was just OK in the Fountain restaurant, but service was good....my only question is always "why can't you get a great cappuccino at any hotel in the morning"...

Daer Sandra C.

A great cappuccino is possible here and we'll keep working on the formula!

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback regarding the Fountain restaurant. We'll share the feedback with the Chef so we can continue to improve.

Hope to see you again soon.

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was a great weekend thanks to the staff at 4 Seasons. Attentive in every way. The room was comfortable and clean with an lovely view of the Parkway. Drinks in the Swan Lounge on Saturday night and the Brunch on Sunday afternoon was fabulous.

Room Tip: take the fountain view rooms if you are touring the city - this is a true Philly view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gcavel,

Our team will appreciate the support, as we love to take care of our guests!

Hope to see you again soon.

Hotel manager
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

There isn't a better location for a hotel in Philadelphia. I have always enjoyed coming here but noticed, this time, that my bathroom needed major upgrading. Tile, shower head, water pressure, size - all of these characteristics were not up to Four Seasons standards. Don't get me wrong, the staff is great here and I know they are well-coached in their service model. This is a capital expenditure issue - nothing more. I believe they are getting to this soon. As a side note, I question how some of the other hotels rated above this hotel ever made it there. The Four Seasons and the Ritz are the standards in Philadelphia.

Dear Golflefty,

Thank you for your comments and we agree that our hotel is better than others in Philadelphia. You are correct regarding our renovations and we hope that the changes will be very appealing to our guests.

Please let me know when you're returning and I'd be happy to assist in making reservations.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Yes, the hotel needs a makeover, as people keep noting and management keeps responding that they are due this year. Regardless, the room itself was no different than a Hilton Garden Inn, except for the robes. We did not use the slippers bc we did not realize they were in the closet, on top of the shelf, completely wrapped, until we were checking the room for items prior to check out. The toiltetries are to die for. The bed was very comfortable.

The service sets the hotel apart, however. Everyone was very accomodating and friendly. Service in the Fountain restaurant for breakfast was excellent.

The pool was not very crowded but still had no chaise lounges until near the end of our pool time. The hot tub is very large.

Overall, it was nice to be pampered for a night, but I will try another luxury hotel in Phila next time we want to get away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and compliments regarding the service. I am pleased to inform you that we are planning on renovating our guest rooms later this year and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.. Please do not hesitate to contact me to make your arrangements.

Ekrem Koroglu