“Great people, great location but needs updating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
New York
“Great people, great location but needs updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

There isn't a better location for a hotel in Philadelphia. I have always enjoyed coming here but noticed, this time, that my bathroom needed major upgrading. Tile, shower head, water pressure, size - all of these characteristics were not up to Four Seasons standards. Don't get me wrong, the staff is great here and I know they are well-coached in their service model. This is a capital expenditure issue - nothing more. I believe they are getting to this soon. As a side note, I question how some of the other hotels rated above this hotel ever made it there. The Four Seasons and the Ritz are the standards in Philadelphia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Golflefty,

Thank you for your comments and we agree that our hotel is better than others in Philadelphia. You are correct regarding our renovations and we hope that the changes will be very appealing to our guests.

Please let me know when you're returning and I'd be happy to assist in making reservations.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Yes, the hotel needs a makeover, as people keep noting and management keeps responding that they are due this year. Regardless, the room itself was no different than a Hilton Garden Inn, except for the robes. We did not use the slippers bc we did not realize they were in the closet, on top of the shelf, completely wrapped, until we were checking the room for items prior to check out. The toiltetries are to die for. The bed was very comfortable.

The service sets the hotel apart, however. Everyone was very accomodating and friendly. Service in the Fountain restaurant for breakfast was excellent.

The pool was not very crowded but still had no chaise lounges until near the end of our pool time. The hot tub is very large.

Overall, it was nice to be pampered for a night, but I will try another luxury hotel in Phila next time we want to get away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and compliments regarding the service. I am pleased to inform you that we are planning on renovating our guest rooms later this year and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.. Please do not hesitate to contact me to make your arrangements.

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
T:(215) 963-2735
Darien, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful service, easy check in. They have a text concierge where you text them what you want/need and they accommodate.

Rooms are well appointed in a federal style, the beds are very comfortable!

I had dinner in the lounge, you have I try the Philly cheesesteak! Best I've had. On Friday night they had a live musician, it was a very pleasant dinner.

The hotel is nice, however it is in need of renovations, the carpets in the hallways are dirty and are torn in places. The moldings are also all banged up (probably from guests banging bags I to them). It's not a good first impression for a guest.

Other than that the hotel is fantastic!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Wandering-from-CT,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay and I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cheesteaks and our texting option.

We're planning a renovation for the hallways and guest rooms this coming fall and I hope to welcome you back then!

Westchester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everything you'd expect, nice lobby, excellent service, and luxury without attitude. Everyone was friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Stayed for a Saturday night the first week of Feb to get away from NYC and see the Franklin Insitute. We had 2 rooms that were adjoining, one king and one double. Worked out perfectly. Both restaurants had top notch service and food with easy kids menus along with great cocktails. Very easy to relax and enjoy with three small children. Nice pool and spa. Easy walking to Franklin Institute and museums. The staff made an extra effort to make the kids feel special like fresh baked cookies, special toys at check-in, kid size bath slippers, and extra bed-time treats. This is the only place I would consider when visiting Philly.

Room Tip: A family of four could use one of the suites. WIth four or more adjoining king and double rooms are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks you for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and has an excellent restaurant, with extremely attentive service at dinner--and truly brilliant food. (It rivals some of the nicest restaurants we have been anywhere.) It's breakfast, however, was just good--and the service on both days that we ate there was indifferent to terrible. (Breakfast was included in our rate.) The room was very comfortable, if not exactly up-to-date. We were upgraded several room categories, as the hotel was not busy, and truly enjoyed the amenities in the larger suite. In short, we found the hotel to be extremely good value for what we paid, though it is not the very best of the Four Seasons brand. Still, it would be hard to find a nicer property at this price point.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ALKDVS,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dinner in the Fountain Restaurant. However I was certainly concerned to find out that the breakfast experience was not up to your expectations. Would you be so kind and e-mail me the details?

Thank you again for your valuable feedback!

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage
tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
PORTO ALEGRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

i stayed there for 2 nights for business. while getting the authentic luxury hotel's service in everyway is expected of a four seasons, it's really a great value for what you pay for. most importantly, it's got a great location within walking distance to streets where you can go after business. the breakfast is awesome - highly recommending the french toast! my room had a veiw to the courtyard, very nice.

Room Tip: i liked my courtyard-view room, nice and tranquil.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment about the French toast stuck a chord with me as it is one of my favorites too. We hope to welcome you again soon!
New York City, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

For a weekend in Philly, I thought I'd stay at the Four Seasons and see whether it is, as Izzy Sharpe says, the ultimate hotel chain in the world. It was very nice but it did not live up to Izzy's hype.

The service and staff are all top notch. The property is a bit dated and needs an upgrade. The rooms are very nice, but not the finest I've seen. The bathroom needed updating as do the hallways and common areas. The pool area is below ground and also nice, but would be better suited above ground somewhere. I had breakfast in the morning which was also nice, but far from a gourmet breakfast. Incredibly, a five star Canadian hotel chain does not serve real maple syrup with pancakes but heated Aunt Jemmima syrup. When you're staying in a hotel that's supposed to be the best, this type of stuff matters (this is what Izzy Sharpe wrote in his book).

Overall, I had a very nice stay but have stayed in Marriott properties that were nicer than this.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear MFabulous,

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your stay with us. Mr. Sharp is correct in saying that Four Seasons is the ultimate hotel chain in the world. I'm sorry that you didn't receive this type of service. We're planning a renovation for later this year and we hope that you'll find the rooms to be better when it's completed.

Please contact me in the future to make reservations and I'll make sure everything is perfect and that you receive the Four Seasons service you expect.