“Excellent, but not quite perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
San Francisco, CA
“Excellent, but not quite perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and has an excellent restaurant, with extremely attentive service at dinner--and truly brilliant food. (It rivals some of the nicest restaurants we have been anywhere.) It's breakfast, however, was just good--and the service on both days that we ate there was indifferent to terrible. (Breakfast was included in our rate.) The room was very comfortable, if not exactly up-to-date. We were upgraded several room categories, as the hotel was not busy, and truly enjoyed the amenities in the larger suite. In short, we found the hotel to be extremely good value for what we paid, though it is not the very best of the Four Seasons brand. Still, it would be hard to find a nicer property at this price point.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ALKDVS,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dinner in the Fountain Restaurant. However I was certainly concerned to find out that the breakfast experience was not up to your expectations. Would you be so kind and e-mail me the details?

Thank you again for your valuable feedback!

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage
tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
PORTO ALEGRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

i stayed there for 2 nights for business. while getting the authentic luxury hotel's service in everyway is expected of a four seasons, it's really a great value for what you pay for. most importantly, it's got a great location within walking distance to streets where you can go after business. the breakfast is awesome - highly recommending the french toast! my room had a veiw to the courtyard, very nice.

Room Tip: i liked my courtyard-view room, nice and tranquil.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment about the French toast stuck a chord with me as it is one of my favorites too. We hope to welcome you again soon!
New York City, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

For a weekend in Philly, I thought I'd stay at the Four Seasons and see whether it is, as Izzy Sharpe says, the ultimate hotel chain in the world. It was very nice but it did not live up to Izzy's hype.

The service and staff are all top notch. The property is a bit dated and needs an upgrade. The rooms are very nice, but not the finest I've seen. The bathroom needed updating as do the hallways and common areas. The pool area is below ground and also nice, but would be better suited above ground somewhere. I had breakfast in the morning which was also nice, but far from a gourmet breakfast. Incredibly, a five star Canadian hotel chain does not serve real maple syrup with pancakes but heated Aunt Jemmima syrup. When you're staying in a hotel that's supposed to be the best, this type of stuff matters (this is what Izzy Sharpe wrote in his book).

Overall, I had a very nice stay but have stayed in Marriott properties that were nicer than this.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear MFabulous,

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your stay with us. Mr. Sharp is correct in saying that Four Seasons is the ultimate hotel chain in the world. I'm sorry that you didn't receive this type of service. We're planning a renovation for later this year and we hope that you'll find the rooms to be better when it's completed.

Please contact me in the future to make reservations and I'll make sure everything is perfect and that you receive the Four Seasons service you expect.

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary in December.

We were in town for a concert, dinner and some much needed rest. We booked a suite. The suite was a strange layout. The bathroom (very small) was off of the living room upon entry and not attached to the bedroom.

When I went into the bathroom there was a rather large clump of hair in the shower. The shower was small with a dirty fabric curtain.

The room smelled of very strong air sanitizer (it seemed that maybe someone had been smoking and they were trying to mask it). I was glad I had a candle with me.

The walls were thin and it was impossible to nap.

The sheets were a bit worn and it just wasn't a great experience. I recall preferring the Ritz Carlton and will go back there when I return.

When I showed the front desk reception the photo of the hair shower he just looked at me with a blank stare. Overall not what I am used to at Four Seasons. In fact this is my first poor experience with one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Heboulos,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm so sorry to hear about your exoerience. Feedback is a way for us to improve the service we provide and please be assured that I will follow up with my team on the condition of your bathroom. Please email me ac contact number so that I can discuss this further if possible.

My apologies again and we hope to speak to you and see you again soon.

michael.nenner@fourseasons.com
Pennington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fantastic location, great service and delicious food. Highly recommend. Great place for a girl friend's weekend. The spa is incredibly good. The 80 minute hot towel massage is wonderfully relaxing. The pool and hot tub area is a really nice place to sit and read the paper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We agree that a warm and welcoming spa can be a great thing on a winter’s day. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Rocky Point, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Lobby attractive and clean. Employees friendly. Rooms are a disgrace as are hallways, ice machine, etc. Dingy, dusty, with uncomfortable beds. Room was either hot or cold...no real way to regulate the HVAC system. For the price, I would prefer a coffee maker or some complimentary tea and hotwater rather than scant quantity upscale hair products. Safe cannot hold a laptop and required a key. Not a vending machine in sight for a soda or snack...but peanuts for 10.00 and a snickers bar dor 6.00 were available at the in room mini bar...whose prices were ridiculous as well. Nothing in the way of a complimentary piece of fruit or cookie available with the lukewarm coffee in really low grade paper cups is available in the lobby in the morning. None of this surprises me...perhaps they want you to pay for everything via room service, their bars and restaraunt so they can afford to do the upgrades and updates needed to bring this hotel in line with the prices they charge. Oh and the pool was not available either...under renovation...Silly!!! Will use Embassay Suites right across the street next stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vbc711,

Thank you for your comments and I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had. We're in the planning stages for a renovation and will address most of the items you mentioned. Please contact me in the future, so I can make sure we place a coffee machine in your room and make sure that your stay is what you'd expect from Four Seasons.

michael.nenner@fourseasons.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons Philly for one night. We were upgraded to a suite on the 5th floor. So posh, calm, clean, and relaxing atmosphere in the room. We had time to workout in the gym and take a dip in the indoor pool. Well worth the price. We will definitely be back for another Stay-cation. Good amenities for kids too!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thanks you for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!