“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages

the four seasons was a great hotel. everything was perfect exept 3 things
1. LONG walk to the subway
2. resturant required formal attire
3. room service alternative was horrible
overall great hotel, great service, clean, would return for sure

Room Tip: only 8 floors, so high floor request doesn't mattter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear steakchef_11,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. However I would like to learn more regarding the room service alternative to Fountain Restaurant. Would you be so kind and contact me so that we can discuss this experience in detail?
Thank you.

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food and Beverage
tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
tel.215-963-2734

851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I guess I will start by saying everything was great. Can't find fault. I admit I'm a loyal Four Seasons Client. This hotel while dated, is still Four Seasons. I don't understand some of the other reviews. I was there in December 2012, and the prices were lower than any FS hotel. I have ever been too. I did go to the spa, I had a manicure, it was fine. The food was excellent. The service excellent. We had laundry done, no problems, done perfectly and delivered on time. Check in and out was what I expect of a FS hotel. Doormen was what I expect. FS is a management company and each hotel is individually owned. FS gets it right. I do believe that hotel prices reflect a city, if the hotel has recently been updated, and the time of year, if it's "in season".
But none the less, the suite I had was a bit dated. But I still had the great Four Seasons servcie. Food and beverage manager went above and beyond. Met the GM as well and was treated very special. We travel a great deal and no matter how great a hotel is, if it's not Four Seasons, it generally misses somehwere. Four Seasons including this one, does not miss.
For what it's worth, Fairmont is the worse. I've yet to have a good experience at a Fairmont no matter how updated the room is.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to a suite,
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Misssweater,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the service you received from our team. Our team is Four Seasons trained and please know that we're addressing the rooms with a planned renovation this year. We appreciate your loyalty to the Four Seasons brand and look forward to yout next stay with us.

Please call me for assistance with reservations at any of our properties.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manger
Warrington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

For the second year in a row the hotel was not able to correctly get my confirmed reservation through Amex Platinum Card Travel Service straight. Arrived at hotel on a Fri. In Dec. and was told suite not yet ready....no problem as it was only 3:30 in the p.m. I was told 10 minutes later connecting room was almost ready and we could go up shortly and then desk clerk excused himself saying he had to check and make sure everything was okay. 15 minutes later he was still not back and I asked another desk clerk to please find out what was going on. She said she would check and let me know. After several more minutes we were told we could go up to connecting room and we proceeded accompanied by the bellhop and our bags. When we arrived in the room there was no connecting door to any suite let alone any room. Bellhop called down to front desk and was told to go to another room a few doors down. When he opened that room again no connection to anything. Noel we had 2 children with us....we need a connecting room. Back down to lobby we go and they told me that they would look further into problem of no suite being ready with connecting room. I told them we would be in lounge as by now it is after 4:30, 2 children hungry, have to eat dinner, change and get to Nutcracker Ballet by 6:45. Staff in Swann Lounge were great as they knew we had time constraints and kids were hungry. Finally a lovely gentleman who was the assistant director of rooms told me there had been a mixup in reservation, took me up to a suite with a connecting room in the far reaches of the hotel for my approval, apologized for problem, said he would have given me Presidential Suite if it had been available (evidently it was occupied...lucky him)!! We had just enough time to eat, get up to suite, quickly change and be back in hotel lobby by 6:30 . We had wonderful driver from hotel get us to the ballet with a few minutes to spare. Front desk staff was confused, concierge was pompous, Swann Lounge staff was great, assistant director of rooms was a peach, doormen were terrific and breakfast and staff in Fountain Restaurant superb. The same problem happened in Dec. 2011 with connecting rooms. All the reservations I have made over the years with Amex Plat. Card Travel and only 2 x had a problem, both with Four Seasons Phila., 2 years in a row. Will try again in Dec.2013, after that 3 strikes and it's the Ritz Carlton! By the way they blamed Amex for not making reservation for connecting room until 2 days before my res. Note: forgot my printed conf. From Amex but when I arrived home located paperwork and will have to fax to hotel....conf. Stated clearly suite with connecting room dated 18 days before arrival! P.S. Hotel only charged me for 2 standard room rates due to reservation mixup

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your most recent stay with us. Again, we do apologize for the arrival experience you had and will make sure that we have your preferences noted for your stay next year. I was delighted to read that you had such wonderful experiences with numerous other members of the staff and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly regarding any future reservations at the hotel as I would be more than happy to ensure that we get you right for your next visit to Philadelphia!

T:(215) 963-2735
ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited the Four Seasons in Philadelphia as a groggy business traveller in the depths of January. The first thing I noticed was everyone's incredible friendliness. The staff really are amazing - from the doorman to the people at check-in to the guy taking your luggage up to your room. They really treat you special. For me, the staff and the service were the highlight of the experience.

Unfortunately, things went straight downhill from there. The room itself was a disappointment. I was sent to the very far reaches of the hotel, immediately next to the ice machine. The room itself was slightly dated but that was no big deal. It is Philly after all and you don't necessarily go there for a modern feel. Still, oddly, there was no closet. I know it was probably a 'standard' room but come on - business travellers need somewhere to hang clothing! I ended up hanging my suit and shirts on a hook in the bathroom. That I had to do so in a room which must have been at least 300 square feet was surprising.

Room service was also a disappointment. It took 50 minutes to arrive and was lukewarm. The gnocchi were positively dry and had obviously been in the hot food boxes on the side of the dining cart for too long. I don't blame the staff for this as much as I do the distant location of the room.

Finally, the download speed for the $18 per day internet service was 0.33 Mbps (upload 0.29 Mbps). This is phenomenally slow and NOT worth $18. Take the unpaid which was 0.15 Mbps and 0.12 Mbps, respectively.

This is my second disappointing experience in a Four Seasons. Like the title says, I want to like it, I just can't!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. I was glad to read that you found our staff to be very friendly and welcoming! We take great pride in our staff and will be sure to share this with our front office team. I am also pleased to inform you that over the next few months we will be working on giving our rooms a fresh new look which we hope our guests will enjoy as we are aware we are due. I would love to speak further with you about your other service concerns and assist you in making a future reservation at the hotel so we can ensure you DO enjoy it! Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I hope to hear from you soon.

T:(215) 963-2735
ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed one night for a quick art fix at the wonderful museums along the parkway and was pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality of service and comfortable accommodations at the hotel. Love the plush mattresses and spacious rooms.

I was impressed with the courteous and professional manner of staff across the board! It was my best hotel experience in Philly to date.

• Stayed January 2013
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! From my experience, one day at our amazing museums is never enough, so we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a treat the Four Seasons Philadelphia was!
My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel with our two girls and were blown away by the service and special "extras". From the wagon of gifts the girls were given to choose from when we arrived, to the slippers, chocolates and bottled water that were waiting for us when we got back to the room at night, this facility does not miss a beat! We all enjoyed the beautiful pool area, especially the comfortable, plush lounge chairs! Staff was extremely attentive and went out of their way to accomodate. Our suite was very clean and spacious with a beautiful view of the square! Location is terrific as it is in walking distance to most places of interest in Philly.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of your visit with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Comparing this hotel to other luxury hotels I usually stay in, it is below average. The hotel in general is old and the rooms are not what you expect from a 5-star hotel. The staff very friendly, but the rooms and building in general need an overhaul. A group of friends met at the Swann Lounge and the service was below par. Simple things as getting some nuts on the table as courtesy for when you are having drinks had to almost be begged to be served. We had to ask the waiter several times before we got the nuts. I would ask the Four Seasons headquarters to audit the hotel and ask its owner to invest money to get the hotel at par competing with other luxury brands. I am Canadian and love to support Canadian Corporations, but I think it is important to meet expectations of people who stay in this kind of hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Augusto A,

Thank you for the valued feedback regarding your stay. Please be assured that we will address the service issue in the Swann Lounge and we're currently planning the renovation of some areas in the hotel. We appreciate your feedback and providing the highest level of Four Seasons service is our goal.

Please email me your contact information, as I'd like to discuss this further and receive more information if possible. My email address is michael.nenner@fourseasons.com.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!