“Gem of Philly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #19 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago, Illinois
“Gem of Philly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visited Philly for our New Year's celebration. We are from Chicago, home of many world class hotels. We are used to being spoiled. :) What makes the Four Seasons Philadelphia outstanding is the amazing staff. From the minute we stepped out of the car, we were greeted by name (psychic door staff??). Everyone treated us like royalty and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. We didn't need to ask for much since all our requests were set up in advance. Very organized and very thorough. I recommend making spa appointments in advance since the spa is very popular. (book Debbie for massage and Kim for nails! THE BEST) I also highly recommend booking the special chef's dinner in the private dining room (Fountain). Spectacular experience. The hotel restaurant is a five star, five diamond (one of only a select few in the country). The preparation and presentation was exquisite and we've never tasted food so delicious!! The bar in Swann is staffed with first class mixologists (Nick and Mike are amazing!!) I requested special drinks to be made for me and the bartenders didn't hesitate to come up with amazing creations I loved!! It was like "Chopped" only better! :) Loved Tim Williams in Swann entertaining on Friday night. Really great performer. We are so glad we picked up his CD.

Our room overlooked the fountain (highly recommend that view) and though it was the end of December when we arrived, we were able to enjoy local museums and attractions within walking distance of the hotel. You can't miss the State Penitentiary tour and the city double decker bus tour is also fantastic. We enjoyed brunch in Swann on Sunday and that was a decadent display of yumminess not to be missed. You should definitely make it for a Sunday brunch - you won't see anything like it anywhere else.

We attended the New Year's Eve celebration and it was excellent!! The staff at the Four Seasons Philly throws the best parties! Definitely recommend having a group event there. They have great space and a beautiful expansive lobby. Whether its a private dinner or a wedding reception, the event will be perfect. The staff's energy and professionalism is impressive.

Our room was lovely and every day when we returned from our sightseeing, the room was completely cleaned and fresh. It was almost like they knew exactly what we needed minutes before we needed it. We have stayed in many luxury hotels all over the United States before we were introduced to the Four Seasons and now the Four Seasons is the only home away from home we will visit.

Their team is first class all the way - from the front desk, housekeeping, dining, concierge, door staff and valet! Special shout out to engineering who helped me figure out the remote and came to my room 2 minutes after I called. Also needed a stray hem fixed and it was returned to me promptly.

Highly recommend this property!! Can't wait to return! Thanks to all the staff for everything!!

Room Tip: Book in advance for best selection. Book directly with the hotel instead of random travel sites. S...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Shari M,

Thank you for the very valuable detailed feedback regarding your stay with us!

I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all the employees were of assistance. Our team will appreciate the comments and we hope that you'll join us again soon!

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My son and DIL gave us a night at this hotel as part of our Christmas present. It is certainly one of the best hotels we have stayed in. EVERY employee is remarkably pleasant and helpful. Everything is spotless. The decor is beautiful and the bed luxurious. Location is great for almost anything in downtown Philly. Could not ask for more in this city.

• Stayed December 2012
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time in Philadelphia and at our beautiful hotel. We hope to be your host you again soon!
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

FS is one of the nicer hotels in the city, but Philadelphia is not really a city for hotel lovers. Room decor and lobby decor is in need of a major upgrade. Room service was very nice. Brunch at the Fountain Restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our Food and Beverage staff regarding your experiences throughout your stay. We hope to see you again and appreciate you making our hotel you address in Philadelphia, have a wonderful new year!!

Kind Regards,
Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Four Seasons is a good hotel with most amenities you would expect. I was taken aback a bit when I found out that $49 was the daily charge for my car. I was more disappointed by the service in the Fountain restaurant both at breakfast and at dinner; it took more than an hour for us to see the first piece of food when we sat down for dinner and service at breakfast was not much faster. When I sat down for breakfast and ordered my breakfast items as soon as the waitress showed up, she responded by ignoring what I said, pouring coffee (which I did not want right away) and saying that she would be back for the breakfast order; eventually, I had to ask for a new fresh cup of hot coffee as my coffee was quite cold by the time the food turned up. When I asked the dinner waiter about something on the menu, his response was: "I've already answered that question on the other side of the table earlier; perhaps I did not speak loud enough", in a very sarcastic tone. Twice I attempted to ask the concierge a question, but there was noone there. Sorry, but that is not what I expect from a five star hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear DCTravelerG,

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to apologize for not providing the expected Four Seasons experience. Reading through your comments I learned that many things went wrong and the service we provided was certainly not up to our standards.
Rest assured that I will follow up with the team on every single point you brought up.
Would you be so kind and contact me via e-mail to discuss your stay in detail?

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage
e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After a less-than-stellar stay experience at the brand new FS Toronto, I did not expect any earth-shattering experience in Philly. Boy, was I wrong.
Even though the hotel itself is older, everything is well-maintained and managed. Service is excellent. Room condition very good. Hardware all worked and in excellent condition. Restaurant superb. I cannot say enough about how good my stay experience was. It was exceptional.
We drove in and the driveway was full of cars. Still, it took only a minute for the doorman to come rescue us from the traffic jam. Very welcoming and efficient.
Checking in, I was the only one waiting, since all three front desk people were occupied with guests checking in. Within 20 seconds, a manager type asked if I was being helped, and I said I was waiting. He immediately processed my check in by asking to use a different counter. Very smooth and efficient. They had my reservation all set up, and my rooms were ready to go. No issues at all.
The rooms are not huge, but plenty big enough. Not quite as large or luxurious as Rittenhouse, but I am very happy with it. I guess it was about 400 sq. ft. Bed was very comfy. DVD player in room. Free wifi. No coffeemaker, but I had called down and one was delivered. No problem. Safe was oldfashioned key type. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Not big enough for a laptop though. Furniture was old fashioned, but in excellent condition. Everything was excellent. Room noise minimal, and even though we were on 2nd floor, exterior noise minimal too. And we faced the fountain.
Had dinner at Fountain Restaurant. Excellent meal. Price was wonderful, Only $80 for a three course dinner. Great food. Excellent service. We had just had dinner at Jean Geroges in NYC at more than double the price. Fountain more than held its own. In fact, we all agreed that the Fountain dinner was better!
Breakfast at Fountain also wonderful.
Check out was a breeze, and once again the doormen were great. We did see a doorman helped a family and all their luggage get into a taxi. The guest didn't tip or even say thanks, but the doorman took it in stride. What a breath of fresh air.
I will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Choptliva,

Thank you for the great insights regarding your stay with us. I was very pleased to hear about the experience with our employees. We're planning on renovating our hallways and guest rooms later this year and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please call me directly for assistance.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed overnight for a holiday party for my company Dec 14 2012. The food was awesome and the staff was excellent. The mattress in our room felt like we were sleeping on clouds. I live in the city so would never think about staying there but since visting i am planning to book a night for my upcoming anniversary.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level. we were on the second floor and it kind of felt like we were too close to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chant823,

Thank you for posting your review! I was truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food as well as service. Did you know that you can actually purchase our Four Seasons bed?
If you are interested please send me an e-mail.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your anniversary stay and make it very special. Please do not hesitate to contact me to make special arrangements.

Thank you for your feedback!

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage
e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Philadelphia quite a bit for business, and as compared to all the other hotels in the area, I can say that this Four Seasons is one of the top choices.

Room: The rooms are well appointed and the furniture has been maintained very well. The bed is comfortable, and I slept well.

Room service: While room service can be a bit more expensive as compared to other chains, the food was pretty good and presented very well.

Service: Staff is consistently attentive, whether you are dealing with the kitchen, spa or front desk.

WiFi: Internet access is important to me when traveling for business. At this hotel, you can choose the lowest level of access for no charge, so I expected that performance would be lacking because there were other options that came with an additional charge. However, the free option worked very well, and I was able to work easily from my room.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of your visit with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!