After a less-than-stellar stay experience at the brand new FS Toronto, I did not expect any earth-shattering experience in Philly. Boy, was I wrong.
Even though the hotel itself is older, everything is well-maintained and managed. Service is excellent. Room condition very good. Hardware all worked and in excellent condition. Restaurant superb. I cannot say enough about how good my stay experience was. It was exceptional.
We drove in and the driveway was full of cars. Still, it took only a minute for the doorman to come rescue us from the traffic jam. Very welcoming and efficient.
Checking in, I was the only one waiting, since all three front desk people were occupied with guests checking in. Within 20 seconds, a manager type asked if I was being helped, and I said I was waiting. He immediately processed my check in by asking to use a different counter. Very smooth and efficient. They had my reservation all set up, and my rooms were ready to go. No issues at all.
The rooms are not huge, but plenty big enough. Not quite as large or luxurious as Rittenhouse, but I am very happy with it. I guess it was about 400 sq. ft. Bed was very comfy. DVD player in room. Free wifi. No coffeemaker, but I had called down and one was delivered. No problem. Safe was oldfashioned key type. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Not big enough for a laptop though. Furniture was old fashioned, but in excellent condition. Everything was excellent. Room noise minimal, and even though we were on 2nd floor, exterior noise minimal too. And we faced the fountain.
Had dinner at Fountain Restaurant. Excellent meal. Price was wonderful, Only $80 for a three course dinner. Great food. Excellent service. We had just had dinner at Jean Geroges in NYC at more than double the price. Fountain more than held its own. In fact, we all agreed that the Fountain dinner was better!
Breakfast at Fountain also wonderful.
Check out was a breeze, and once again the doormen were great. We did see a doorman helped a family and all their luggage get into a taxi. The guest didn't tip or even say thanks, but the doorman took it in stride. What a breath of fresh air.
I will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A deluxe property with wonderful views of Philadelphia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Seasons