“Restores my Faith in Four Seasons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
earth
“Restores my Faith in Four Seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

After a less-than-stellar stay experience at the brand new FS Toronto, I did not expect any earth-shattering experience in Philly. Boy, was I wrong.
Even though the hotel itself is older, everything is well-maintained and managed. Service is excellent. Room condition very good. Hardware all worked and in excellent condition. Restaurant superb. I cannot say enough about how good my stay experience was. It was exceptional.
We drove in and the driveway was full of cars. Still, it took only a minute for the doorman to come rescue us from the traffic jam. Very welcoming and efficient.
Checking in, I was the only one waiting, since all three front desk people were occupied with guests checking in. Within 20 seconds, a manager type asked if I was being helped, and I said I was waiting. He immediately processed my check in by asking to use a different counter. Very smooth and efficient. They had my reservation all set up, and my rooms were ready to go. No issues at all.
The rooms are not huge, but plenty big enough. Not quite as large or luxurious as Rittenhouse, but I am very happy with it. I guess it was about 400 sq. ft. Bed was very comfy. DVD player in room. Free wifi. No coffeemaker, but I had called down and one was delivered. No problem. Safe was oldfashioned key type. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Not big enough for a laptop though. Furniture was old fashioned, but in excellent condition. Everything was excellent. Room noise minimal, and even though we were on 2nd floor, exterior noise minimal too. And we faced the fountain.
Had dinner at Fountain Restaurant. Excellent meal. Price was wonderful, Only $80 for a three course dinner. Great food. Excellent service. We had just had dinner at Jean Geroges in NYC at more than double the price. Fountain more than held its own. In fact, we all agreed that the Fountain dinner was better!
Breakfast at Fountain also wonderful.
Check out was a breeze, and once again the doormen were great. We did see a doorman helped a family and all their luggage get into a taxi. The guest didn't tip or even say thanks, but the doorman took it in stride. What a breath of fresh air.
I will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Choptliva,

Thank you for the great insights regarding your stay with us. I was very pleased to hear about the experience with our employees. We're planning on renovating our hallways and guest rooms later this year and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please call me directly for assistance.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed overnight for a holiday party for my company Dec 14 2012. The food was awesome and the staff was excellent. The mattress in our room felt like we were sleeping on clouds. I live in the city so would never think about staying there but since visting i am planning to book a night for my upcoming anniversary.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level. we were on the second floor and it kind of felt like we were too close to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Chant823,

Thank you for posting your review! I was truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food as well as service. Did you know that you can actually purchase our Four Seasons bed?
If you are interested please send me an e-mail.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your anniversary stay and make it very special. Please do not hesitate to contact me to make special arrangements.

Thank you for your feedback!

e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Philadelphia quite a bit for business, and as compared to all the other hotels in the area, I can say that this Four Seasons is one of the top choices.

Room: The rooms are well appointed and the furniture has been maintained very well. The bed is comfortable, and I slept well.

Room service: While room service can be a bit more expensive as compared to other chains, the food was pretty good and presented very well.

Service: Staff is consistently attentive, whether you are dealing with the kitchen, spa or front desk.

WiFi: Internet access is important to me when traveling for business. At this hotel, you can choose the lowest level of access for no charge, so I expected that performance would be lacking because there were other options that came with an additional charge. However, the free option worked very well, and I was able to work easily from my room.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of your visit with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed a dozen Four Seasons and while the overall quality is high, this hotel is not on the same level of the average Four Seasons. Having said that, it is still a very good hotel, in a great location and the staff service was excellent. The rooms are in need of updating, and the sparse furniture is more in-line with a Marriott hotel. The check-in experience was good. We only stayed one night so can't comment on cleaning staff. We did use the spa and I would say it was rather disappointing. The spa is shared with the gym and I do mean shared. You walk within 5 feet of the people on the treadmill to go change and then the room for our spa treatment (couples massage) was actually upstairs on our room floor so we had to enter the elevator in our robe, go up and into a room 2 doors down from our room. Strangest spa experience for me. Spa shouldn't define a hotel but I would warn others thinking about using it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Fishprince,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We're currently in the planning stages of doing some work to freshen the hotel product. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and with the planned work for later this year our product will match as well.

Please contact me in the future for reservations and I would be more than happy to assist and explain the work that is being done.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel we felt welcomed and pampered. Our toddler was treated like a princess and she absolutely loved it. Hotel offered us a hotel car to bring us to local restaurant. Room service was good. Staff was so friendly! Only slight disappointment was the famous hotel restaurant, but I guess we had too high expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear karinli,

I was pleased to learn that your family enjoyed the stay with us. Your daughter certainly deserves the be treated like a princess.
I apologize for not meeting you expectations in the Fountain Restaurant. I would like to hear more details about your experience. Would you be so kind and e-mail me?

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor.

e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Took our two boys to Philly for the weekend. Stayed at Four Seasons because we knew it would be an excellent hotel. It did not disappoint. Service was great, pool was very nice and quiet and the location was good for getting to things. Order the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich from the hotel. It's great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear IDDC,

I was delighted to read your review! I am pleased to learn that you, your wife and your two boys thoroughly enjoyed the weekend at our hotel!
We are very proud of our Philly Cheesesteak. Next time try the Cheesesteak Springrolls in the Swann Lounge - they are to "die" for!

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I do not typically stay at the Four Seasons, but did this time for a conference.

Here's the good:

* The hotel itself is attractive, and the staff was uniformly delightful - very welcoming, very accommodating. The staff was the very best thing about the hotel, from check-in to room service to housekeeping, and I hope they are as valued as they should be.
* My room was larger than expected which was very nice, and like everything else the bed was comfortable and clean.
* My room was quiet with regard to external noise.
* It was a relatively short walk (a mile or so?) to appealing restaurants and shopping. It's more like 2 miles to historic landmarks.
* For conference purposes, the rooms were quite adequately sized and the chairs comfortable.

The bad:
* The immediate area around the hotel is not well serviced, so plan on cabbing or walking
* No in-room coffee? Really? There is free coffee down in the lobby in the morning, but I'm not fit to leave my room until after a cup.
* I did go to the Swann for an evening snack and was very disappointed in what I ordered. It may have been a bad night, or the one bad thing on the menu, I don't know.
* Similarly, the food served for the conference was disappointing. Not terrible, but not anything I'd look forward to having again.

The okay:
* The fitness room was small, but workable
* The shower - at least in my room - was more of a drizzle than a shower
* There were multiple grades of wifi, the lowest of which (for just web browsing) was free
* The TV had abundant channels but was verrry slow to change channels.
* There is a Whole Foods about a half mile north, which is always handy when traveling.

The odd: There was a neighbor in the room next door who needed to listen to Gangnam Style on LOUD no less than 5 times to start his day, but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brent M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Mondojoe,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and you found the staff to be welcoming and accommodating. Our employees are unquestionably one of our greatest assets, dedicated to ensuring our guests enjoy a true Four Seasons experience. We do consider ourselves lucky to have such terrific employees and it will be a pleasure to pass along your kind comments to all of them.
While I am pleased you enjoyed some aspects of the location of the hotel as well as the service you received, I am sorry to learn you did have several issues that were disappointing for you. I would like to personally talk to you about your experience. Please feel free to email me directly anytime at brent.martin@fourseasons.com. If you would prefer to discuss this via telephone, I can be reached at (215) 963-2741.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Brent Martin

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!