“Great Hotel! Food awesome and entertinment was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia

You added Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel! Food awesome and entertinment was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed overnight for a holiday party for my company Dec 14 2012. The food was awesome and the staff was excellent. The mattress in our room felt like we were sleeping on clouds. I live in the city so would never think about staying there but since visting i am planning to book a night for my upcoming anniversary.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level. we were on the second floor and it kind of felt like we were too close to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tomas V, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Chant823,

Thank you for posting your review! I was truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food as well as service. Did you know that you can actually purchase our Four Seasons bed?
If you are interested please send me an e-mail.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your anniversary stay and make it very special. Please do not hesitate to contact me to make special arrangements.

Thank you for your feedback!

e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Philadelphia quite a bit for business, and as compared to all the other hotels in the area, I can say that this Four Seasons is one of the top choices.

Room: The rooms are well appointed and the furniture has been maintained very well. The bed is comfortable, and I slept well.

Room service: While room service can be a bit more expensive as compared to other chains, the food was pretty good and presented very well.

Service: Staff is consistently attentive, whether you are dealing with the kitchen, spa or front desk.

WiFi: Internet access is important to me when traveling for business. At this hotel, you can choose the lowest level of access for no charge, so I expected that performance would be lacking because there were other options that came with an additional charge. However, the free option worked very well, and I was able to work easily from my room.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of your visit with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed a dozen Four Seasons and while the overall quality is high, this hotel is not on the same level of the average Four Seasons. Having said that, it is still a very good hotel, in a great location and the staff service was excellent. The rooms are in need of updating, and the sparse furniture is more in-line with a Marriott hotel. The check-in experience was good. We only stayed one night so can't comment on cleaning staff. We did use the spa and I would say it was rather disappointing. The spa is shared with the gym and I do mean shared. You walk within 5 feet of the people on the treadmill to go change and then the room for our spa treatment (couples massage) was actually upstairs on our room floor so we had to enter the elevator in our robe, go up and into a room 2 doors down from our room. Strangest spa experience for me. Spa shouldn't define a hotel but I would warn others thinking about using it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael N, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Fishprince,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We're currently in the planning stages of doing some work to freshen the hotel product. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and with the planned work for later this year our product will match as well.

Please contact me in the future for reservations and I would be more than happy to assist and explain the work that is being done.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel we felt welcomed and pampered. Our toddler was treated like a princess and she absolutely loved it. Hotel offered us a hotel car to bring us to local restaurant. Room service was good. Staff was so friendly! Only slight disappointment was the famous hotel restaurant, but I guess we had too high expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear karinli,

I was pleased to learn that your family enjoyed the stay with us. Your daughter certainly deserves the be treated like a princess.
I apologize for not meeting you expectations in the Fountain Restaurant. I would like to hear more details about your experience. Would you be so kind and e-mail me?

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor.

e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Took our two boys to Philly for the weekend. Stayed at Four Seasons because we knew it would be an excellent hotel. It did not disappoint. Service was great, pool was very nice and quiet and the location was good for getting to things. Order the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich from the hotel. It's great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear IDDC,

I was delighted to read your review! I am pleased to learn that you, your wife and your two boys thoroughly enjoyed the weekend at our hotel!
We are very proud of our Philly Cheesesteak. Next time try the Cheesesteak Springrolls in the Swann Lounge - they are to "die" for!

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I do not typically stay at the Four Seasons, but did this time for a conference.

Here's the good:

* The hotel itself is attractive, and the staff was uniformly delightful - very welcoming, very accommodating. The staff was the very best thing about the hotel, from check-in to room service to housekeeping, and I hope they are as valued as they should be.
* My room was larger than expected which was very nice, and like everything else the bed was comfortable and clean.
* My room was quiet with regard to external noise.
* It was a relatively short walk (a mile or so?) to appealing restaurants and shopping. It's more like 2 miles to historic landmarks.
* For conference purposes, the rooms were quite adequately sized and the chairs comfortable.

The bad:
* The immediate area around the hotel is not well serviced, so plan on cabbing or walking
* No in-room coffee? Really? There is free coffee down in the lobby in the morning, but I'm not fit to leave my room until after a cup.
* I did go to the Swann for an evening snack and was very disappointed in what I ordered. It may have been a bad night, or the one bad thing on the menu, I don't know.
* Similarly, the food served for the conference was disappointing. Not terrible, but not anything I'd look forward to having again.

The okay:
* The fitness room was small, but workable
* The shower - at least in my room - was more of a drizzle than a shower
* There were multiple grades of wifi, the lowest of which (for just web browsing) was free
* The TV had abundant channels but was verrry slow to change channels.
* There is a Whole Foods about a half mile north, which is always handy when traveling.

The odd: There was a neighbor in the room next door who needed to listen to Gangnam Style on LOUD no less than 5 times to start his day, but that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brent M, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Mondojoe,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and you found the staff to be welcoming and accommodating. Our employees are unquestionably one of our greatest assets, dedicated to ensuring our guests enjoy a true Four Seasons experience. We do consider ourselves lucky to have such terrific employees and it will be a pleasure to pass along your kind comments to all of them.
While I am pleased you enjoyed some aspects of the location of the hotel as well as the service you received, I am sorry to learn you did have several issues that were disappointing for you. I would like to personally talk to you about your experience. Please feel free to email me directly anytime at brent.martin@fourseasons.com. If you would prefer to discuss this via telephone, I can be reached at (215) 963-2741.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Brent Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

all good. very nice hotel with a great pool. nice lobby and walking distance to the art gallery and BArnes FOundation and Franklin INstitute as well as all the food on Chestnut street. THis is a nice clean hotel and the cost is worth it if you can swing it. It is also really close to the train station - $7 cab.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ekrem K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad to hear your were able to take advantage of our hotel's convenient location and experience what our city has to offer. Please contact me directly at ekrem.koroglu@fourseasons.com when you are ready for your next visit. Together with your help we'll prepare a personal itinerary for you, because after all Philadelphia & The Four Seasons has so much more to offer.

Kind Regards,

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!